News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

"There is a major lack of faith Look what Jesus did when it was back in the biblical days he dealt with Leprosy he dealt with a lot more sicknesses that were worse than that."

In biblical times, whole cities were hollowed out by disease.  Looking to the Bible for medical guidance is a bit like looking to the Bible for rocket science.

"The reason why God is letting this happen is because he's trying to get us to come back to our faith"

This has actually been a common refrain throughout history during the waning stages of empires - this call to return to tradition, especially traditional religion.  It has never once worked.  And there's a simple reason why - you can't rewind a clock and repeat a day, let alone an era.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 25, 2020, 04:22:49 PM

This has actually been a common refrain throughout history during the waning stages of empires - this call to return to tradition, especially traditional religion.  It has never once worked.  And there's a simple reason why - you can't rewind a clock and repeat a day, let alone an era.
Especially when that era was a work of fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 25, 2020, 04:22:49 PM
"There is a major lack of faith Look what Jesus did when it was back in the biblical days he dealt with Leprosy he dealt with a lot more sicknesses that were worse than that."

In biblical times, whole cities were hollowed out by disease.  Looking to the Bible for medical guidance is a bit like looking to the Bible for rocket science.

"The reason why God is letting this happen is because he's trying to get us to come back to our faith"

Most of you would agree with Edward Gibbon, in Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire … that Christianity was the worst thing to ever happen to the ancient world.  Far better to be bloodthirst pagan Romans.  Then like in a certain Star Trek Classic episode, y'all could watch the unwoke thrown to the lions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on August 25, 2020, 05:54:11 PM
Most of you would agree with Edward Gibbon, in Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire … that Christianity was the worst thing to ever happen to the ancient world.  Far better to be bloodthirst pagan Romans.  Then like in a certain Star Trek Classic episode, y'all could watch the unwoke thrown to the lions.
Xtianity is just one of many forms of submissive fatalism that harms us. From The Holy Roman Church to Hitler. From the Monarchies to the Communists....it is always the same. A "destiny" is mandated and to our end we must go. Dogmatic nonsense must be cherished. The world will end, heads must roll, there are wars to be fought. We can do much better.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 25, 2020, 08:37:44 PM
Xtianity is just one of many forms of submissive fatalism that harms us. From The Holy Roman Church to Hitler. From the Monarchies to the Communists....it is always the same. A "destiny" is mandated and to our end we must go. Dogmatic nonsense must be cherished. The world will end, heads must roll, there are wars to be fought. We can do much better.

It that you Mr Gibbon?  I thought you died 200 years ago.  Loved your book though ;-)  Or are you Mr Nietzsche?  But that would be crazy, am I right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 25, 2020, 08:54:28 PM

That worked out much better as Aristotelian teleology.  In Platonic Christianity, a toast with the face of Jesus is one of the primary Platonic Forms.  But with Aristotle, people are like acorns, the purpose of your life is your end, to be an angel or a demon in the next world.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I've been trying to figure out why NC suddenly had a covid spike after weeks of basically plateauing.  Here's one piece of that puzzle:  UNC-Chapel Hill 31% of student tests come back positive

QuoteThe school reported that 31.3% percent of students tested for coronavirus last week returned positive results. This was after the university announced they shut down campus and transition to remote-only instruction.

There have been 835 casesâ€"784 students and 51 staff membersâ€"since February 2020. The vast majority, 646 cases, were reported after the first day of in-person classes.
GG guys.

You know, there were basically two positions on in-person classes - one camp said it was too dangerous right now and it would just prolong this national nightmare.  Another camp believed demon sperm lady and said everything would be a-okay because, and I'm directly quoting one of their genius-level intellects here, kids are "almost immune from this disease".  Spoiler: they are not and things were not a-okay.

Why anyone in charge of anything listens to these pro-virus, pro-death nutcases is beyond me.

Hydra009

And the latest tests are coming back 7.8% positive, which is a significant departure from the 6.0% from just a couple weeks ago.  :(

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 26, 2020, 02:47:23 PM
And the latest tests are coming back 7.8% positive, which is a significant departure from the 6.0% from just a couple weeks ago.  :(

The town I moved from last year, the kids just went back to school a week ago.  This week they have a new outbreak ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Thousands Of Swedes Receive False-Positive COVID-19 Results Due To Faulty Test Kits From China" … good news, everyone has gotten a Covid test done.  Bad news, 50% are positive, on a random basis.

"Wearing Face Masks Makes People Act Careless And Ignore Social Distancing, UK Study Finds"... so this is how we get herd immunity … moo!

I assume China is a fan of Charles Manson's Helter Skelter

"Drug companies have every right to recoup their cost of R&D, but lobbying to suppress access to a lifesaving treatment that is both cheaper and more effective is a crime against humanity..." … Gilead is the company caught with hands in cookie jar
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Republican Convention Staffers, Attendees Test Positive For COVID-19" ... herd immunity, which Dems fail to see as valuable

"'Empty Highways' - About 61 Million Americans Have Stopped Commuting In Post-Covid World" ... leaves room for Americans on bicycles and in Mao jackets waving Chairman Biden's Little Red Book of garbled senility

Absurdities lead to atrocities ...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/C3iVEK1USe4/
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Bill Gates Next Project: Building Nuclear Power Plants Across The Pacific Northwest" ... needs his own power plants to power his vaccine production plants?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

So yesterday was a new record in NC:  2,585 daily cases.

Good stuff.  I always wanted to eat through my savings until desperation forces me to venture into a deliberately-created plagueland.  Can't wait.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 29, 2020, 01:57:01 PM
So yesterday was a new record in NC:  2,585 daily cases.

Good stuff.  I always wanted to eat through my savings until desperation forces me to venture into a deliberately-created plagueland.  Can't wait.

Max possible rate given broken test kits from China?  Test whole NC population daily.  Get a rate of 50% of population daily.

"Most COVID-19 Deaths In Palm Beach County Can't Be Attributed To Coronavirus Alone, Medical Records Reveal" ... "658 cases, only 89 due to Covid alone" .. believe the science

US death total today = 186,855 * 89/658  = 25,274 ... less than Swine flu under Obama
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.