Caddo commissioner continues push for public pajama ban

Started by Farroc, February 16, 2013, 05:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farroc

//http://www.ksla.com/story/16687672/caddo-commissioner-continues-push-for-public-pajama-ban
QuoteCADDO PARISH, LA (KSLA) -

The Caddo Parish Commissioner pushing for a ban on pajamas in public is not backing down.

Michael Williams' proposal hasn't even been introduced yet, but it stirred up a lot of controversy when he first confirmed his intentions in mid-January. It also prompted a pajama protest of sorts.

On Monday Williams announced to fellow commissioners his plans to introduce an ordinance, and to start a letter-writing campaign.

"I'm going to do a national letter writing campaign to major department stores, to Targets to Best Buys, to Wal-marts," said Williams outside of Government Plaza in downtown Shreveport.

Williams, a self-described conservative in the dress code area, told other commissioners in a fiery speech that there should be respect for law and order, and asked them "Are we going to do let this generation tell us what to do, or are we going to be leaders and lead this community?"

He says he is asking the public to write to their local lawmakers, as well as church, business and retail leaders expressing their stance on the wearing of pajamas in public.

Williams says he plans to formally introduce the proposed ordinance at the end of February.
No, this is not from the Onion, someone out there is seriously considering proposing a public pajamas ban. Why? Not for any health or safety reasons, but because, what the hell?!? Pajamas in public!?! Society is crumbling all around us!!!
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

the_antithesis

I suspect that Michael Williams is a very old man who will be dead very soon.

Jmpty

I see girls walking around in pajamas and ugg boots quite often. They always look like they just woke up, and ran out of milk or something. Not particularly attractive, but, none of my business.
Now the guys with their pants half way down their ass, that I could do without.
???  ??

Colanth

Quote from: "Farroc"//http://www.ksla.com/story/16687672/caddo-commissioner-continues-push-for-public-pajama-ban
QuoteCADDO PARISH, LA (KSLA) Williams, a self-described conservative in the dress code area, told other commissioners in a fiery speech that there should be respect for law and order, and asked them "Are we going to do let this generation tell us what to do, or are we going to be leaders and lead this community?"
We should let his generation tell us what to do?  He looks to be in his 30s or 40s - still dripping behind the ears.  I remember, back before he was born (not in Louisiana, in 20th century civilization), women going out in bathrobes and curlers early Saturday morning to get fresh bakery goods for breakfast for the family.  Wearing pajamas in public isn't some new thing that's going to cause the world to end, it's almost a century old (like me).  Williams is just to young to understand.

Shut up until you grow up, Michael.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jason78

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote"Are we going to do let this generation tell us what to do, or are we going to be leaders and lead this community?"
We should let his generation tell us what to do?

I doubt that anyone is telling him that he has to wear pajamas in public.  

No one wants to see that.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

The Dude

The Dude would totally disagree with this.

Hell, every morning I don't have work I go to a coffee place wearing pajama pants and a robe. It's comfortable, and nobody gives it a second thought. I'll be damned if I actually have to get dressed. :lol

SvZurich

I am not surprised to see insanity like this.  Caddo Parish is where I was born and raised.  Shreveport is its major city.  Dad was trying hard a year ago to get me to move back to there.  He even pointed out that my mom and her husband were there and getting older.  I left in 1989 and have not desired to move back there since.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.