Bill Nye to debate with the founder of the Creation Museum

Started by PickelledEggs, January 02, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Atheon

Ken Ham the Con Man is of course going to use all sorts of rhetorical tricks and showmanship to try to sway the aidience toward his side. But Bill Nye knows his shit.

I'd love to see AronRa debate Ken Ham the Con Man.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aileron

Nye shouldn't be doing this.  It plays right into creationists' "teach the debate" schtick.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

stromboli

Quote from: "Atheon"Ken Ham the Con Man is of course going to use all sorts of rhetorical tricks and showmanship to try to sway the aidience toward his side. But Bill Nye knows his shit.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The problem is you don't know how the debate is slanted before it starts.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Atheon"Ken Ham the Con Man is of course going to use all sorts of rhetorical tricks and showmanship to try to sway the aidience toward his side. But Bill Nye knows his shit.

I don't doubt for one second that it will be slanted in Ham's favor. But, not only is Bill Nye incredibly academically smart, he is also very quick witted. I have a feeling that it may go better for Nye than we think.

AronRa would be an awesome person to debate with this clown as well.

wolf39us

25 dollars a ticket huh? Not too bad.  Too bad it's in Kentucky otherwise I'd be all over it!

AllPurposeAtheist

Meh..it's like debating cats about how bad cat shit stinks.. [-(  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Nothing good can come of this, but I will be watching the unedited version when it comes out.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel