News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2019, 09:15:02 AM
I mean, apart from him being a grimmey douchebag who might have lifted a woman's skirt, what really has he done that's any worst then any other president before him?
All presidents have skeletons in their back yard, just if they're smart enough not to get caught

If it's just a bunch of conservative stuff people got offended by, that's not really cause to impeach someone.

If he's embezzled or arranged an assassination that's something else, but just based on his character that's not something you can bring down on him.

Telling his lackies to not appear before congress when subpoenaed for one.

Calling on a hostile foreign nation to investigate political opposition for seconds. Then doing the same with an ally nation.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on December 18, 2019, 11:48:33 PM
I admire your optimism but I completely disagree with it.

Optimism? Me!? LOL Hardly. I expect the worst outcome possible, because I'm a pessimist by nature. I suspect that, before Trump is finished, America will no longer be a republic, under the current constitution, or a democracy. I don't know what it will become, but it won't be good.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

Munch

I doubt he'd care either way.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2019, 05:44:31 PM
I doubt he'd care either way.

Because hes being backed by idiots and corrupted politicians

Unbeliever

I see that Putin is defending Trump and mocking the Democratic party. For some reason that doesn't surprise me a bit.
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2019, 01:24:33 PM
Optimism? Me!? LOL Hardly. I expect the worst outcome possible, because I'm a pessimist by nature. I suspect that, before Trump is finished, America will no longer be a republic, under the current constitution, or a democracy. I don't know what it will become, but it won't be good.

This impeachment hearing has definitely given me some uncomfortable vibes.

Obviously party members need to show a certain degree of loyalty to the party; that is to be expected, even if it's not how a democracy should ideally be run. The problem is that the Republican party are literally comparing him with Jesus, saying that anyone who even investigates potential misdemeanors are conducting a witch hunt in the vein that saw 200 people accused and 20 executed, they are holding a "moment of silence" for their voters, who talk about how this entire process was "a day that will live in infamy" like Pearl Harbour. The traitor who just switched to the Republican party, van Drew, literally told Trump that he has his "undying loyalty".

Even if it's all just rhetoric, it is disturbing to hear the counterweight of the Executive branch profess that they pledge their loyalty to the office of the president and the party he belongs to. But the problem is it isn't even rhetoric; their actions not just in this vote but over the last 10, 20, 30 years have shown that the Republican party truly does put their own party before anything else; the people and their constituents, the Constitution and the law... they all come second to party line. And not only that but they have used particularly dangerous and disingenuous tactics to rig the third counterweight, the Supreme Court, to their favour for more than a generation as well.

Obviously, OBVIOUSLY (before someone says it) Democrats do this to an extent to, but... I'm sorry, the Democrats are spineless fucks. They turn on their own the millisecond there is controversy around them. They will never support a fellow Democrat, no matter how right they might be, if they think it hurts the image of the party.

I don't think it's too late for things to be fixed, but I do think a massive shift in American culture and government is going to be required if democracy will continue to exist in this country, and honestly I see myself living longer than it does if we don't get that shift. It's not just corruption that is killing our democracy... it is also an entire party who have dedicated themselves for several generations who put the good of their party before the good of their people. And if someone has even the most elementary of knowledge about human history over even the last 50 years they should realise how insanely dangerous that is.

If America falls, we will bring the world down with us.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

All those voters who voted for van Drew thought they'd have a democrat representing them, but now he's a Republican. How does that work?
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2019, 08:06:28 PM
All those voters who voted for van Drew thought they'd have a democrat representing them, but now he's a Republican. How does that work?

His approval amongst Democratic voters was already in the mid-20% range iirc, so I think they might be glad he is leaving.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 19, 2019, 11:52:24 AM
Telling his lackies to not appear before congress when subpoenaed for one.

Calling on a hostile foreign nation to investigate political opposition for seconds. Then doing the same with an ally nation.

Happened all the time in various departments ... when Rs controlled the House 2017-2019.  Happened all the time with every previous President (separation of powers) going back to Jackson ... ""John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it." ... in regards to the power of SCOTUS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_privilege

Ukraine isn't an ally?  It is a fascist state created by Nato/Obama.  A war crime.  He didn't call on Russia to investigate the Bidens.  No nation should get US aid, if they can't stop corruption.  On that basis we can terminate all foreign aid ;-))  I trust Putin over the US government, including Trump ;-)

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2019, 01:24:33 PM

I certainly hope you are right.  I hope all Democrats are part of the Chinese Empire they are trying to assist.  Will look so good being Green on bicycles and Mao jackets.  You folks will love working at Foxconn now that they put in the suicide prevention nets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2019, 01:47:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yg-OoPyD-g&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Running the risk of making him more popular

Not the point.  Dems too depressed to get an orgasm for 3 years now.  This "Stalin show trial" made them all "squee".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 19, 2019, 04:38:17 PM
You mean infamous

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

Trump in 2016 mastered this.  Dems still think that he cares that he is hated by people who wouldn't vote for him anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.