News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bible thumpers are back.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 27, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: oliver on August 15, 2014, 04:14:59 AM
It is hard to rid oneself of a belief which is embedded in our thinking.   Because of certain convictions and experiences I've had it is going to take a lot of analysing.  It will take time though
Take it. Seriously, take the time to analyze. We don't pretend this is easy.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 15, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
Take it. Seriously, take the time to analyze. We don't pretend this is easy.

Indeed.

An analytically mind does not close itself to a set rule of ideals, it keeps asking the questions of why things are the way they are, where is it going, how does it serve our interests. The smartest men in mankinds history found answers to the universe because they asked questions everyone else was to afraid to ask.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 15, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
Take it. Seriously, take the time to analyze. We don't pretend this is easy.
I third this. (Munch already second-ed it sort of)

Sent from your mom


SGOS

Quote from: oliver on August 15, 2014, 04:14:59 AM
It is hard to rid oneself of a belief which is embedded in our thinking.   Because of certain convictions and experiences I've had it is going to take a lot of analysing.  It will take time though
Yeah, thinking rationally is such a pain in the ass.  I advocate not thinking at all.  That way we have more time to waste on senseless activities that we really enjoy.

oliver

Suppose I should thank all and sundry for playing their part in my new belief system, or rather lack of belief.  I take back any harsh things that may have been said by me.   Literally woke up on Monday morning as an Atheist, it's a great feeling to say the least.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: oliver on August 22, 2014, 01:32:29 PM
Suppose I should thank all and sundry for playing their part in my new belief system, or rather lack of belief.  I take back any harsh things that may have been said by me.   Literally woke up on Monday morning as an Atheist, it's a great feeling to say the least.
Oh? Care to share what changed your mind?
Black lives matter, feminism is good, religion is bullshit, and if you disagree with me on any of these points you are a fucking moron.<br /><br />Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Your forgive me for being blunt, but given it took some people years to become atheists, like the rhetoric your told to believe in chipped away until you realize its all bunk, so how do you go from one mindset to another overnight? I've seen guys on forums say that before that they stopped believing in faith and are now atheists, but then a week later are right back to being faith followers again.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Desdinova

I think we are all a little skeptical of your epiphany, Oliver.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Munch

I believe its just a test of time, its always nice hearing someone open up to being atheist, that they can be enlightened as such, but we're just have to wait and see I guess, I'm always prepared to give someone a chance. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin