News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bashing the opposition!

Started by mykcob4, January 23, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Okay here is a thread totally dedicated to getting things off of your chest. Pick an issue or group and way lay into them in any way you see fit. The rant MUST be general and not target any individual, especially on this forum. You can rant about an issue or a group but you cannot defend your group or groups you like.
For example. I support Liberal Progressive Democrats, and Atheist. If someone on this thread decides to rant about Liberals according to the rules of this thread I cannot respond and defend that group.
Groups and issues that I would like to demean abash and just plain rant about include:
NRA, conservatives, libertarians, tea partiers, reform partiers, druggies, bullies, thugs, evangelicals, theist, Mormons, anti-abortionist, racist, genderist, sexist, homophobes, Ayn Randers, rednecks, hillbillies(the real ones), southerners (neoconfederates), neo-cons, Nazis, Fascist, giant corrupt corporate monopolies, polluters, etc..!
I would pick one and just go for it.
After reading, hearing, and watching Bill Gates latest project about ending 3rd world nations, I want to rant about a particular point that he has brought out. One of the keys to ending 3rd world nations and bringing those nations to sustainable middle class situation is the need for infant survival and health through nutrition but more importantly immunization and vaccinations. This brought to mind the recent opposition in this nation to vaccines and child vaccinations. This opposition came from the far right religious groups in a campaign that spread the rumor that child vaccines are solely responsible for down syndrome and other permanent ailments such as autism. It is just ridiculous. Vaccines have cured and eradicated polio and other major diseases. The problem is that not vaccinating children (some of them) puts the whole society at risk. It is the typical religious bullshit to oppose science and it is just criminal.
that is my rant to the opposition, so go ahead and pick an issue or group and have at it.

Hijiri Byakuren

On the vaccines point, this is relevant:

[youtube:26irdsu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhk7-5eBCrs[/youtube:26irdsu0]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mykcob4

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"On the vaccines point, this is relevant:

Writer posted a YouTube video
Thanks for the video, but is there an issue or a group that you just want to let loose on?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"On the vaccines point, this is relevant:

Writer posted a YouTube video
Thanks for the video, but is there an issue or a group that you just want to let loose on?
I'm not really the "let loose on 'em" type. I have to be specifically provoked on a subject, like in that 9/11 thread, before I completely lose my head over something. Not that I think it's bad, I just don't have it in me.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Man..I REALLY FUCKING HATE people who start rant threads... 8-[
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Man..I REALLY FUCKING HATE people who start rant threads... 8-[
Great now we're getting somewhere. Anyone else?

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh for christsake mykcob.. go smash up the kitchen, but remember to share the photos of the damage.  =D>
Sorry, people don't usually like me during my rants so I try to minimalize the damage by keeping it in small doses.  :)

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

hillbillyatheist

Helmets cost too damn much. hulk smash!
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

stromboli

People who come from nowhere and make idiotic comments like, "Smile! It takes only 7 muscles to smile and 11 to frown," said person who never played tug of war. Shit like that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "stromboli"People who come from nowhere and make idiotic comments like, "Smile! It takes only 7 muscles to smile and 11 to frown," said person who never played tug of war. Shit like that.
Relax pal! When life gives you lemons commit lemoncide! :-$

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "stromboli"People who come from nowhere and make idiotic comments like, "Smile! It takes only 7 muscles to smile and 11 to frown," said person who never played tug of war. Shit like that.
Relax pal! When life gives you lemons commit lemoncide! :-$

So you're one of them...... :axe

AllPurposeAtheist

I think somebody needs a hug. Don't worry.  Brian will be by sooner or later and sing ABBA songs during your hug time together.   :lol:

stromboli

Fuck Brian. I don't even hug my kids.

hillbillyatheist

I got a semi rant. I may have to move back to my hick er home state of oklahoma, due to its low cost of living (no doubt caused because nobody wants to live there)

so today I'm reading an article that the oklahoma government may be about to create an independent militia, ready to fight off Obama's secret Commie army. now this wasn't from a mainstream news site, so I'm not sure its valid yet but as batshit as oklahoma is, I wouldn't put it past them.

a picture is worth a thousand words. here's Oklahoma City's skyline.

like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here