Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 30, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
I don't "insert" goddidit into gaps in my own understanding. I thought my understandings were just fine without being given faith.

Your point doesn't apply. GOD is not a work of fiction or of man.

I wasn't out looking for GOD. IT found me.

I don't use GOD as a fill all explanation though many things in my immediate life, and to do with life in general were explained to some extent.

Regardless of if there is absolutely no gap within human understanding of all things to do with existence, everything will still be of GOD. No amount of understanding can change that.

peace
So you say, Pops--so you say.  You can rattle on all day and night claiming god does it all.  Yet you cannot supply one shred of data to support that; except your famous brush with god itself.  That is all in your head; I can't control how crazy operates in there--your head.  Sure, you can believe all you want; you remind me of a petulant child insisting--There is too a Santa!!!   Saying god exists and creates, 3 million times, does not make it so.  I don't care what you fill the gaps of the unknown with, god is still and will ever be, a fiction. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 30, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
GOD is not a work of fiction or of man.

Despite the mountains of evidence that all the "other"gods are made up, this genius claim "his god" is the one true god….preach on bro….good luck with the stupid.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

The existence of God is the merest wishful thinking, nothing more. God has become the comfort animal of many, they want to take it everywhere, even atheist forums.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

popsthebuilder

aitm,

Why would I be embarrassed? I don't care what others think. I'll tell what I would be though. If somehow someone could prove the opposite of what was already proved to me to be true, then I would sincerely be concerned for my mental health, and would seek professional help.
Good thing that will never happen. And to be clear; I'm not speaking of gods as in plural; I'm talking about a singular creative benevolent GOD...just one, with many names.

I have repeatedly stated that no work or effort on my part was exuded for my initial faith. Your willful ignorance is showing. What has been proven bonk? I assure you none have disproved my personal account or experience or anything else that stemmed from what happened.

What benefit would it be to me to simple claim humility?
I attempt to practice it daily, but I too have a tendency to act in like kind as well, hence the pissy attitude.

Why should you not be obsessed with vaginal discharge!?  Well...depending on who's vag and what was being discharged, many red flags pop up. It isn't some fetish for you is it? That could get messy. Okay, really; moving on....

Let me clear a thing up for you; I don't base what I know about GOD on books written by man, and if I did, I would base assumptions off of the collective accord of all books and writings of the faithful unto GOD, and not base it off of the only book that stands out as having any discrepancies or errors such as the ones you wave around in an effort to muddy up the waters.

Who are you to decide how difficult anything is supposed to be? Again, GOD isn't not here just because you can't bend IT to your little will.

Your turn

peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 30, 2016, 07:36:53 PM
So you say, Pops--so you say.  You can rattle on all day and night claiming god does it all.  Yet you cannot supply one shred of data to support that; except your famous brush with god itself.  That is all in your head; I can't control how crazy operates in there--your head.  Sure, you can believe all you want; you remind me of a petulant child insisting--There is too a Santa!!!   Saying god exists and creates, 3 million times, does not make it so.  I don't care what you fill the gaps of the unknown with, god is still and will ever be, a fiction.
You are right. I cannot prove it to you or any other.

peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on November 30, 2016, 07:37:19 PM
Despite the mountains of evidence that all the "other"gods are made up, this genius claim "his god" is the one true god….preach on bro….good luck with the stupid.
Oh...show me where GOD is proven wrong. I'm not talking about a particular name of a particular god, I mean GOD.
Is this concept too much for you to grasp? I can explain it more if needed be.

peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 30, 2016, 07:51:32 PM
The existence of God is the merest wishful thinking, nothing more. God has become the comfort animal of many, they want to take it everywhere, even atheist forums.

Cute picture.

Fact is; GOD is with you always and everywhere. Even when you are not a believer.

Obviously you don't have to take my word for it, or anything I say for that matter.

peace

Jason78

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 30, 2016, 08:02:55 PM
Cute picture.

Fact is; GOD is with you always and everywhere. Even when you are not a believer.

Obviously you don't have to take my word for it, or anything I say for that matter.

peace

Gods.    You must mean gods.   As there is more than one god detailed in the bible you use.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 30, 2016, 08:02:55 PM

Damned lucky for me, eh, what what?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: John Paul on November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PMWhile this evidence may seem circumstantial, think about a house, you don't see the builder or architect within it, but it's very reality attests to it.  One can be inferred by the other.  God is not part of the universe, therefore you will not find evidence for Him in the same manner as other things, but you will find His influence felt, particularly in the moral dimension of Man.  This aspect of our nature seems to be unique.  We do not find evidence of animals making moral and ethical decisions.

Hold on a minute. Doesn't the lack of morality in nature hurt your argument here? Several of your arguments work against you, but this one in particular. Think about it. You believe in a just God, whose moral code is objectively true. You also believe that God intelligently designed nature. Why, then, did he design animals that deceive, rape, or kill without reason? Why did he program the margay to imitate the call of a hungry baby monkey to lure adult monkeys to their doom? Why did he program the Blue-Footed Booby chicks to kill their younger siblings shortly after hatching? Why did he program ducks to rape each other so often that females require vaginas with multiple deadends, or a males to have an exploding corkscrew penis just to navigate it? I mean Jesus, both the males' and females' biologies are designed with rape in mind. You'd think that if we had a perfectly just God, he would have made the animals to behave in morally acceptable ways.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

reasonist

Reason and logic are the opposite of faith and superstition.

I can't hate god for two reasons. One, hatred is a waste of emotions and two, I can't hate something that doesn't exist.

Since there is no god, rules cannot be attributed to a ficticious entity.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Blackleaf

Quote from: reasonist on November 30, 2016, 08:55:47 PM
Reason and logic are the opposite of faith and superstition.

I can't hate god for two reasons. One, hatred is a waste of emotions and two, I can't hate something that doesn't exist.

Since there is no god, rules cannot be attributed to a ficticious entity.

Come on. Who doesn't hate Ms. Umbridge? Be honest.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

reasonist

Ms. Umbridge? Ok, I hate her too.

We do not find evidence of animals making moral and ethical decisions.

That's the ignorance we have to deal with. Maybe a more efficient use of Google could reveal a world of fact based information to the flock.

https://www.ted.com/talks/frans_de_waal_do_animals_have_morals?language=en
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Jason78 on November 30, 2016, 08:11:43 PM

Gods.    You must mean gods.   As there is more than one god detailed in the bible you use.
What?  You must have quoted the wrong thing.

And if your insinuating that the bible is polytheistic then I would ask you to support your claim.

peace

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 30, 2016, 07:58:12 PM
You are right. I cannot prove it to you or any other.

peace
Wow, Pops.  Did not expect you to say that.  Honest of you, though.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?