Main Menu

We've Been Drinking Coffee the Wrong Way

Started by Aletheia, May 23, 2015, 12:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 24, 2015, 05:45:04 AM
I like my coffee with honey.
I like my peanut butter with honey.  But I had not thought of coffee.  It seems as though it would be too sweet and the wrong kind of sweet.  But I have not tried it, so who knows?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 24, 2015, 09:59:02 AM
I like my peanut butter with honey.  But I had not thought of coffee.  It seems as though it would be too sweet and the wrong kind of sweet.  But I have not tried it, so who knows?
I have tried it and found it to be the 'wrong' kind of sweet (for my tongue, anyway).  But I do like raw/demerera sugar rather than plain white in my coffee.  And heavy whipping cream rather than half and half.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 24, 2015, 03:43:38 PM
I have tried it and found it to be the 'wrong' kind of sweet (for my tongue, anyway).  But I do like raw/demerera sugar rather than plain white in my coffee.  And heavy whipping cream rather than half and half.
Heavy whipping cream and coffee is very good.  I used to use sugar in my coffee (started using sugar cubes--grandparents taught me that), but it raises hell with my blood sugar, so I gave it up.  Always have coffee black--except for a whipping cream treat every now and again.  But not honey. Every 5/6 months I'll have a peanut butter and honey sandwich with milk.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I learned to drink coffee black when I first started interviewing for jobs Way Back When, because very few receptionists, secretaries, and/or AAs screw up pouring just plain coffee.  If I'm having a varietal or estate bean, I'll drink it black to focus on the coffee itself.  But if I'm having it with a pastry or something, it's snow white and seven cubes.  Can't stand it with just cream, or just sugar.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 05:53:07 PM
Do I really want to ask what the regular way is for you???????????????????

No. You don't want to know.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Lately we've been drinking Folgers black silk..pretty good for cheap..
I make mine 1 heaping teaspoon of coffee to each mark on the coffee pot..5 oz each  I think if memory serves me right.  About a teaspoon of sugar and that's it  Sylvia makes hers with 1/2 coffee and 1/2 milk and a bit of artificial sweetner..yuck! I need to try it with the stove top perculator..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: stromboli on May 23, 2015, 01:19:05 PM
I used to brew that shit. I've also made it strained through a piece of cheesecloth over a 5 gallon gunboat when the coffee machine went belly up. And I agree, if it don't remove paint it is delish.
It's liable to remove paint, and other things too - you only need a can of Coke to remove paint.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

peacewithoutgod

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

aitm

I could easily live without coffee and see no rational reason why anyone drinks that shit…….

:whistle:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

French roast black coffee freshly ground and brewed in a French press with a Blueberry muffin this morning. You people are peasants. Mon dieu!  :naughty:

Tea? Brewed green iced tea half and half with diet Mountain Dew gets me through the rest of the day.

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on September 01, 2015, 05:20:05 PM
I could easily live without coffee and see no rational reason why anyone drinks that shit…….

:whistle:
I cannot live without it--and it's for the jolt, my man, the jolt!  And addiction does not need a rational reason......................

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 01, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
I cannot live without it--and it's for the jolt, my man, the jolt!  And addiction does not need a rational reason......................
Plus, when brewed right it can taste great with most items on the breakfast and dessert menus.

Mike Cl

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 01, 2015, 05:57:24 PM
Plus, when brewed right it can taste great with most items on the breakfast and dessert menus.
Yes, I now do like the taste; at first I didn't.  But the smell--that really is pure heaven!