From a scientific perspective, what makes incels incels?

Started by Primal, April 19, 2023, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal

Incels, for those who don't know, are "involuntary celibates". Most embarrassing label for a man in the modern world, damn near being a registered sex offender level of embarrassment.

I am thirty-one. There was a point in my life when I was the hot shot ladies' man, and there was a point when I was a true incel. Right now, at thirty-one, I'm an incel. lol. It's really tough.

Based on my own experience and things I've read and things I've observed, incelhood is a blend of being physically weak, being financially unstable, having no social skills, and having no self-confidence. All those have to be solid in order to get laid consistently.

I ask that you spare me the mockery. It's been a tough few weeks.

Unbeliever

I've been voluntarily celibate for a few decades. I had my share and have decided that chasing it is more trouble than it's worth. I was never the one who was being chased, though, so it was pretty easy to give it up.

From a "scientific perspective"? Hell, I don't know. Some people are just very unattractive and/or they're socially inept. I was neither, I just got tired of the games people play, and having to put up with friends and family of the women I was going out with.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

the_antithesis

You know, we mock incels not because they don't get laid but because they are so obsessed with how they are not getting laid that they don't have any other personality traits.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 19, 2023, 06:16:27 AMFrom a "scientific perspective"? Hell, I don't know. Some people are just very unattractive and/or they're socially inept.

That and they not only are uninterested in improving in these areas but think they shouldn't have to. Mostly because they treat women like the collection of FuncoPops on their shelves. Objects they just want to have and then wonder why women are turned off by this. They're obsessed with da poon, but they neglect the much larger sexual organ.

Mr.Obvious

Honestly, thinking of it in terms of being an incel for scientific reasons... from a ´scientific perspective´... it to me, personally, hints at a completely wrong way of looking at the problem.

Incels, in my personal experience, seem to look for external reasons for their misfortune. Look at themselves and their place in the world, (physically, socially, ...,) as a constant. A fixed deal. A bad hand of cards dealt to them through evolution. Think that women aren´t attracted to them for reasons beyond their control, determineren by a cruel, uncaring and unfair world.

I never considered myself an ´incel´. But I did only get my first, and only, gf rather late. I was already in college.
In highschool, I was a fat, unhygienic, rather antisocial, nerdy, selfcentered, pompons and pretentious little dumbass.
I
And I thought I was the shit, rather than shit. And I was sure I didn´t need to improve myself. Sure that I deserved the love, praise and adoration of my Peers because I was certain I was so special and talented and Caring and smart and... and if others couldn't see that: that was their problem.

But it wasn´t really. It was my problem. And at one point, late in highschool, I came to terms with my flats. Recognized them as my own. Began trying to improve myself and be a better person.
Started to really love myself and care for myself; honestly. Not by lying to myself and letting me drown in misery.

When I met shana, I had come to a point that I had grown comfortabele with myself. Liked myself. Had faith and trust in my own capabilities. And that, I think, was something she liked about me.
But it was not a trait I was born with or that was scientifically determined. It was the result of a long and arguous process.

Anyway, my two cents...
I yak on a bit.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Primal

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 19, 2023, 04:16:14 PMHonestly, thinking of it in terms of being an incel for scientific reasons... from a ´scientific perspective´... it to me, personally, hints at a completely wrong way of looking at the problem.

Incels, in my personal experience, seem to look for external reasons for their misfortune. Look at themselves and their place in the world, (physically, socially, ...,) as a constant. A fixed deal. A bad hand of cards dealt to them through evolution. Think that women aren´t attracted to them for reasons beyond their control, determineren by a cruel, uncaring and unfair world.

I never considered myself an ´incel´. But I did only get my first, and only, gf rather late. I was already in college.
In highschool, I was a fat, unhygienic, rather antisocial, nerdy, selfcentered, pompons and pretentious little dumbass.
I
And I thought I was the shit, rather than shit. And I was sure I didn´t need to improve myself. Sure that I deserved the love, praise and adoration of my Peers because I was certain I was so special and talented and Caring and smart and... and if others couldn't see that: that was their problem.

But it wasn´t really. It was my problem. And at one point, late in highschool, I came to terms with my flats. Recognized them as my own. Began trying to improve myself and be a better person.
Started to really love myself and care for myself; honestly. Not by lying to myself and letting me drown in misery.

When I met shana, I had come to a point that I had grown comfortabele with myself. Liked myself. Had faith and trust in my own capabilities. And that, I think, was something she liked about me.
But it was not a trait I was born with or that was scientifically determined. It was the result of a long and arguous process.

Anyway, my two cents...
I yak on a bit.

It takes courage to admit that.

Personally, what made me an incel back in high school was due to me being extremely uncouth. Just the way I was. I still am, but I'm at least also sophisticated now.

Primal

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 19, 2023, 06:16:27 AMI've been voluntarily celibate for a few decades. I had my share and have decided that chasing it is more trouble than it's worth. I was never the one who was being chased, though, so it was pretty easy to give it up.

From a "scientific perspective"? Hell, I don't know. Some people are just very unattractive and/or they're socially inept. I was neither, I just got tired of the games people play, and having to put up with friends and family of the women I was going out with.

You never found those games they play to be enjoyable? lol. I personally loved it. I almost got in trouble with the law once but it was a real rush.

Of course if I'm dealing with an actual gangster I'd stay the hell away.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Primal

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 19, 2023, 06:49:39 PMToo much attempting of mind control. 🧐

I'm not one to be a bully but didn't you get satisfaction beating them in their own game? lol. Not when they are good people, but when they are picking on you thinking you're stupid.

I enjoyed flirting with hot girls with their social groups and then ending up with them being forced to give me a hug because I put her on the spot in front of her brothers and simps.

Of course, with good honest people, I won't ever do that. But it's satisfying to troll idiots in real life.

Unbeliever

Nah, I'd rather spend the time and energy doing something interesting, instead of thinking up ways to put someone in their place. Life's too short to waste a second of it, even though all we're really doing is wasting time anyway, as Clarence Darrow pointed out. 🤔
God Not Found

Primal

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 19, 2023, 11:39:51 PMNah, I'd rather spend the time and energy doing something interesting, instead of thinking up ways to put someone in their place. Life's too short to waste a second of it, even though all we're really doing is wasting time anyway, as Clarence Darrow pointed out. 🤔

Very wise words. Thank you, sir.