Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

The wall is closing in on Trump - and he hasn't even built it yet!   LOL
God Not Found

SGOS

I would be excited by this too, but I don't expect anything to come of it.

Unbeliever

Oh, I think something will come of it, but I don't yet know just what that will be.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Unfortunately, I do think this is a political stunt. Trump has committed impeachable offenses before, but now his term is almost over. I don't think the Democrats really expect the President to be impeached. Rather, they want the public to think that he should be. It's like how those investigations against Hillary ruined her chances, even though the FBI determined no fault. People heard she was under investigation, and they assumed she was guilty. Now the tables are turning.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Well, I didn't expect Trump's fan club to take it lying down, and it's already being threatened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNEwuS6quQ
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on October 03, 2019, 03:37:26 PM
I would be excited by this too, but I don't expect anything to come of it.
A couple of days ago, against my better judgement I thought that this could be it.  But I've come to my senses now and think like you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 03, 2019, 02:58:47 PM
Trump to Pence: "You scratch my back, and I'll stab yours."

Stolen idea ... from Nixon/Agnew ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 03, 2019, 03:15:10 PM
I'm surprised Trump hasn't accused Pelosi of having cooties! LOL

Have you seen her facial wrinkles?  Eew.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 03, 2019, 02:37:23 PM
China, if you're listening...

China is very corrupt.  As long as you play by Emperor Xi rules.  So I doubt that Hunter Biden broke any Chicom laws.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 03, 2019, 06:10:23 PM
A couple of days ago, against my better judgement I thought that this could be it.  But I've come to my senses now and think like you.

Like in High School, were we briefly think the prettiest cheerleader will take an interest in us?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on October 03, 2019, 09:13:05 PM
Like in High School, were we briefly think the prettiest cheerleader will take an interest in us?
Nope--knew that would never happen.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

This is by far the most frightening thing I watched about Trump administration.

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 03, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
Well, I didn't expect Trump's fan club to take it lying down, and it's already being threatened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNEwuS6quQ

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 03, 2019, 04:13:15 PM
Unfortunately, I do think this is a political stunt. Trump has committed impeachable offenses before, but now his term is almost over.

I know a very few things about the subject, but this is what I have been thinking.

Is this some sort of a 'preparation' for the grounds to change the execution of the current policies as in making them harsher and more extreme in the second term -because it feels like he is going to win the second - OR if it is going to end by itself in the first with or without impeachment, was his presidency a sort of passage, may be a catalyst to create certain circumstances in the world for a new age of US international politics?

From the beginning, sometimes it feels like with Trump administration, the usual US government dynamics, mechanics... whatever you call them, went into some sort of hibernation and he is the front to cover that. Is he the threshold to a completely different era than what we know?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp