News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. I'm SHIN

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davka

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Talk about a logical next step : Raised atheist to the full » becomes a christian through study and use of rationality.

I'm sure this is what you tell yourself, but I sincerely doubt that it's true. Every single conversion story I've ever heard is a story of an emotional experience, not a rational decision. The study and rationality comes later, as a way of reinforcing what your gut tells you is real.

Be careful though. Serious study of the Bible in the original languages; Judaism in antiquity; Early Christianity; Church History and Biblical Archaeology will lead you further and further from evangelical Christianity. The Empirical evidence contradicts the faith. Keep going down that road and you'll end up like me: free.

Plu

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Davka"I'm not sure "troll" is the correct description. "Missionary" is probably more accurate.
Indeed. Are you the only smart one in this forum?

Quote from: "Davka"As to the questions he asked, you'll find all of these and more being posed rhetorically from pulpits around the world as "proof" that atheists just don't want to acknowledge god. Yes, they're stupid questions - but the average Christian is not particularly well-educated.
:cry: I was educated in the French system Lycées français which are ranked amongst the most rigorous and intellectual systems in all the world. :cry:

Btw guys... they are also renowned for their outright support of neo darwinism, so basically in my "science" books I was being fed the evolutionist/cave-man/4.5 billions of years old earth crap theories.

I am so uneducated... :cry:

Talk about a logical next step : Raised atheist to the full » becomes a christian through study and use of rationality.

Shees, what a waste of an education you turned out to be.

La Dolce Vita

Well, Shin, as you don't know that macroevolution has been observed, that we have more transitional fossils than we could ever need, and that DNA has confirmed evolution in an as reliable fashion as a paternity test shows your papa - i.e. shimps be your cousin, son! It would appear that your educators did a poor job. Particularly for hardcore neo-darwinists.

What kinds of school doesn't even teach you how rainbows occur???  #-o

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Indeed. Are you the only smart one in this forum?

But tell me, why fucking rainbows? WHY?

A 4.5billion~ earth and evolution are 'crap' theories?

Indeed! Do tell, then, what are the highly evidenced and proven theories that you have to forward to us? I do enjoy being proven wrong on things, being a pragmatist, so please, enlighten us with your superior knowledge garnered from your superior education system.

Everyone, Shin has some information he'd like to impart about how wrong the entire basis of contemporary science is and I'm sure that you, like me, will enjoy reveling in the reflected glory of his clearly well researched and thought through, evidenced based theories that will be able to match the pinnacles reached by Darwin, Einstein, Oppenheimer, Dawkins, Hawking and so on and so on.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

aitm

Morons using science to try to prove the great and omnipotent god that created such a vast universe....er......but..

[spoil:1iv3u08x]The Lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron.[/spoil:1iv3u08x]

DOH!

That damn thing called common sense....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Indeed. Are you the only smart one in this forum?

But tell me, why fucking rainbows? WHY?

A 4.5billion~ earth and evolution are 'crap' theories?

Indeed! Do tell, then, what are the highly evidenced and proven theories that you have to forward to us? I do enjoy being proven wrong on things, being a pragmatist, so please, enlighten us with your superior knowledge garnered from your superior education system.

Everyone, Shin has some information he'd like to impart about how wrong the entire basis of contemporary science is and I'm sure that you, like me, will enjoy reveling in the reflected glory of his clearly well researched and thought through, evidenced based theories that will be able to match the pinnacles reached by Darwin, Einstein, Oppenheimer, Dawkins, Hawking and so on and so on.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Sweet! :popcorn:

I am sorry but even that wont do.  Even if Evolution and current cosmology was over turned tomorrow it does not mean another hypothesis that is unsupported by fact is now some how validated. I need proof for any other claims you want to insert.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Teaspoon Shallow"I am sorry but even that wont do.  Even if Evolution and current cosmology was over turned tomorrow it does not mean another hypothesis that is unsupported by fact is now some how validated. I need proof for any other claims you want to insert.

Careful. You're moving into common sense level 2, and we need to break him in onto level 1 before we try anything more advanced.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Mermaid

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Talk about a logical next step : Raised atheist to the full » becomes a christian through study and use of rationality.
:rollin: Stop it. You're killing me!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Teaspoon Shallow

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Careful. You're moving into common sense level 2, and we need to break him in onto level 1 before we try anything more advanced.

Ooppss.  Should I have inserted a "Spoiler"?

[spoil:17vbq5mf]If there is no evidence then there is no reason to believe.  8-)[/spoil:17vbq5mf]

Teaspoon Shallow

Have you considered you are doing it wrong? :wink:

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Davka"
Serious study of the Bible in the original languages; Judaism in antiquity; Early Christianity; Church History and Biblical Archaeology will lead you further and further from evangelical Christianity. The Empirical evidence contradicts the faith. Keep going down that road and you'll end up like me: free.
:-D Perhaps, but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll see... :-D
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Plu

I wouldn't bet on it either :P If you fall back from a proper scientific education to rejecting everything that actually works, you're probably a lost cause :D

But hey, you've already been the exception once, you could be one again.

aitm

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Davka"
Serious study of the Bible in the original languages; Judaism in antiquity; Early Christianity; Church History and Biblical Archaeology will lead you further and further from evangelical Christianity. The Empirical evidence contradicts the faith. Keep going down that road and you'll end up like me: free.
:-D Perhaps, but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll see... :-D

One doesn't need SERIOUS study of the babble, a seventh grader can see the stupidity on its first reading.,,,sheesh what a apologist. Todays child can't get through genesis without the bullshit meter going off full bore.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

La Dolce Vita

So, Shin, how do you feel about how Judaism used to be a polytheist religion with plenty of god(s) and Yahweh was the son of the creator god El? They then gradually evolved into a monotheistic religion, but not because they didn't believe in the other gods, but because ONE king decided that they should celebrate only Yahweh and outlawed the rest.

This being not that many hundred years before the supposed arrival of Jesus.

All of this having a mountain of evidence to support it.

Doesn't that kinda kill your religion?

Mermaid

Well I don't know about you guys, but I am officially convinced. I am a convert. A believer.

I denounce my career as a scientist. It's all bullshit. I've seen the light! Hallelujah! WHY RAINBOWS INDEED!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR