News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Ukrainian intelligence:  Russia is planning on carrying out terrorist attack on nuclear power plant in Belarus

QuoteThe ANPP was built by the Lukashenko regime in 2020 according to a Russian design and with Russian money.

International experts note that the construction took place with gross violations of technological and environmental standards.

QuoteImmediately after the start-up, several serious accidents with equipment explosions occurred at the ANPP.
Because of course it did.  :/

After this war, I never want to hear about "rugged" and "reliable" Russian equipment again.  Except for rare exceptions, it's subpar and always has been.

Cassia

Hydra009

Nah, his videos are usually dated and broad enough that they don't jeopardize opsec.  This is the only video he's done on very recent events, come to think of it.

The one I worry about is the Ukrainian guy who posts daily updates and his war maps have changed to show not just Russian army positions, but also Ukrainian army positions.  They're a few days old, so it's probably not that bad, but I don't like showing Ukrainian positions at all if possible.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 20, 2022, 02:23:56 PMUkrainian intelligence:  Russia is planning on carrying out terrorist attack on nuclear power plant in Belarus
Because of course it did.  :/

After this war, I never want to hear about "rugged" and "reliable" Russian equipment again.  Except for rare exceptions, it's subpar and always has been.
That stereotype honestly comes purely from the Kalashnikov as far as I can tell, and that wasn't even designed by an ethnic Russian - and several other iconic "Russian" technologies being the product of Poles, Ukraini, Czechs, Balts, and minorities within the Russian Empire.

All that was left when the Union fell was Muskva and it's duchies too poor to win their own independence... hardly who you want continuing your countries' science projects.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

This is not the first, second, or even third time a Soviet-backed (or in this case just the Empire itself) power has found itself having superior numbers but getting their ass handed to them by small, defensive-minded and Western backed powers. I find this to be quite a good example; another great one would be the "Valley of Tears" during the Yom Kippur War.

You would think at some point they would learn, but lucky for them we are getting nearly as stupid as they are as a society. Happens every 100-150 years.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Quote from: Shiranu on November 20, 2022, 11:00:16 PMThis is not the first, second, or even third time a Soviet-backed (or in this case just the Empire itself) power has found itself having superior numbers but getting their ass handed to them by small, defensive-minded and Western backed powers. I find this to be quite a good example; another great one would be the "Valley of Tears" during the Yom Kippur War.

You would think at some point they would learn, but lucky for them we are getting nearly as stupid as they are as a society. Happens every 100-150 years.

I worked with a Russian Soviet defector lab tech. Great guy. I asked him why he defected. His answer surprised me. "Because life is cheap there". Until recently I did not really understand what he meant. It's almost like a culture of suicide.

His wife was a pHD who defected from the Russian Space Agency. She was Ukrainian.

Hydra009

Taken from a cheat sheet to deal with conservative family members' talking points.  Naturally, they veer into Kremlin talking points.

We're not dumping piles of cash on Zelenskyy, we're donating military equipment already produced and idle for use in a defensive war to protect civilians in Ukraine.  That's a worthy cause in and of itself.

The cherry on top is that a small fraction of our military equipment is being used to absolutely cripple one of our most powerful and aggressive rivals, which helps protect not just Ukraine but arguably Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and other countries in the general vicinity of Russia.  You'd think that people worried about inflation and the price of goods and the free flow of trade would be especially worried about the trade-disrupting effects of Russian aggression.  (Prices increase when supplies are destroyed or blocked)

I also find it very strange that there was an argument that we had to go into Korea and Vietnam and Cuba and a bunch of South American countries to "fight the red menace" but donating some HIMARS or Predator drones or Abrams or F-16s is too much because "we don't wanna make the commies mad".  Dafuq!

Hydra009

Russian commanders encourage their soldiers to rape

In case anyone thought this stuff was just incidental.  No, it's planned.

Wagner also actively seeks out prisoners with HIV/hepatitis to recruit, making that encouragement especially heinous.

Just in case anyone's wondering where Russia sits on the ol' good/evil alignment chart - it's so far on the evil side that it falls on the next page.

Even after this war is over, I hope sanctions are never lifted and they achieve their dream of becoming West/Worst Korea.

Hydra009

It seems the European Parliament agrees with my assessment because they have designated Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism

Kind of a misnomer since the term implies that they merely associate with terrorists rather than engage in terrorism themselves.  But either one is most certainly true.

Hydra009

On the plus side, the Ukrainians are getting very, very good at dropping grenades/mortars from drones.

There's recent footage of whole squads fatally wounded by these things.  A recent one had a Russian commander attempting to off himself to save himself the agony.

If only fresh conscripts could see what's waiting for them before it's too late, there's no way they'd allow themselves to be taken to Ukraine.

The Ukrainians don't want to have to kill them and they don't want to die.  I'm sure a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached, provided of course that all parties are willing to recognize their common enemy.

Hydra009

Translation: this light is sufficient

(It's a daily tally of Russian KIA)