News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by KingJ, June 30, 2015, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingJ

Hi all

I am a Christian from sunny South Africa.

Looking forward to some good discussions with you all. This site seems quite nice. Well as nice as is possible for atheists forgiveably upset with many ...Muslims?

:syda:

TomFoolery

Quote from: KingJ on June 30, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
Looking forward to some good discussions with you all. This site seems quite nice. Well as nice as is possible for atheists forgiveably upset with many ...Muslims?

Some of us try, but some of us are also understandably pretty... jaded.

Sure, there are plenty of threads about obviously frustrations about Muslims and Christians and not so many about Jews and Buddhists and Hindus. I think a lot of it may stem from varying levels of prevalence and assholery.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

From my perspective, the greater problem is being closed minded, rather than religious.  But for some folks, just being around religious folks ... is just too painful.  Welcome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Brian37

Quote from: KingJ on June 30, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
Hi all

I am a Christian from sunny South Africa.

:syda:

Ouch, let me warn you what you have stepped into. First off, you need to treat everyone here as individuals. "atheist" does not make us a religion, or political party or loyalty oath. As individuals we take different approaches as to how we deal with believers and even each other. Some atheists like a verbal library, and others like me, VERBALLY only, do not hold back our words.

My experience over my 14 years of online debate, is that you can see theists get upset and falsely cry hate even if you are being polite. Not just you, but all religions, I would suggest humans in general, worldwide, learn to separate the person, from the credibility of the claim they make. Both the polite atheists here and the blunt ones, like me, WILL attack your claims. Humans have rights, everyone should agree with that, even the right to make any claim you want. But the claim itself, should never get blind value, others still have a right to respond to any claim you make.

And why did you bring up Muslims? You do understand that the central God character of Islam is simply the third version of the Abraham God of the Hebrew Tradition, in which Christianity stems from?

Personally, I wish all three religions would stop using the only home I live on as their giant pissing contest.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Baruch

Brian37 ... I understand you.  Aggressive religious suit aggressive people ... this is not a coincidence.  Whether it be Constantine or Muhammad in particular ... or the more secular Netanyahu today.  It is only reasonable to be upset about the presence of aggressive people.  And this is true whether they are being offensive or defensive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

KingJ

Quote from: Brian37 on June 30, 2015, 01:06:35 PM
Ouch, let me warn you what you have stepped into. First off, you need to treat everyone here as individuals. "atheist" does not make us a religion, or political party or loyalty oath. As individuals we take different approaches as to how we deal with believers and even each other. Some atheists like a verbal library, and others like me, VERBALLY only, do not hold back our words.

My experience over my 14 years of online debate, is that you can see theists get upset and falsely cry hate even if you are being polite. Not just you, but all religions, I would suggest humans in general, worldwide, learn to separate the person, from the credibility of the claim they make. Both the polite atheists here and the blunt ones, like me, WILL attack your claims. Humans have rights, everyone should agree with that, even the right to make any claim you want. But the claim itself, should never get blind value, others still have a right to respond to any claim you make.

And why did you bring up Muslims? You do understand that the central God character of Islam is simply the third version of the Abraham God of the Hebrew Tradition, in which Christianity stems from?

Personally, I wish all three religions would stop using the only home I live on as their giant pissing contest.
God gave us our brains to be used. It is only us that teach / follow blind dogma / cause  brainwashing. So I definitely agree with the underlined.

I know quite a lot about Islam. Just joking in the OP. It is obvious I think to every Christian in the universe that there are many atheists upset with Christians and most of us with Muslims  :wink:.

Close family of mine is atheist and we discuss all the time. Probably the reason fo me joining this site.

Sal1981

Hi.

I do hope you'll enjoy your stay with the infidels.

Hijiri Byakuren

Welcome to our happy band of heathens. Be sure and stop by the lounge before all the donuts are gone.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel