News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Wtf happens to ambulance patients when the hospital no longer accepts patients?  Dump 'em out on the side of the road?  Send them back home and let God sort it out?  They're in an ambulance so I'd imagine it's a time-critical situation.  No one gets in one of those for fun.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 29, 2020, 11:11:53 PM
Louisiana congressman-elect dies of Covid--headlines tell us.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisiana-congressman-elect-dies-covid-025154687.html

Rep.-elect Luke Letlow (R-La.) has died from coronavirus, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday evening. He was 41.

Letlow, who announced on Dec. 18 that he tested positive for Covid-19, had been in the intensive care unit at Ochsner LSU Health in Shreveport.

My reaction???  Joy!!  I will be even happier if more repubs die of this disease.

Literally a die hard Trumpster.
“I make no apologies for my passion of public service. That’s the path God put me on”. -Luke Letlow
Seems gawd had an alternate plan, can I get an amen.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 30, 2020, 01:00:57 AM
Wtf happens to ambulance patients when the hospital no longer accepts patients?  Dump 'em out on the side of the road?  Send them back home and let God sort it out?  They're in an ambulance so I'd imagine it's a time-critical situation.  No one gets in one of those for fun.

Where I live, EMTs are treating more people in the ambulance rather than bringing them straight to the emergency department. They are performing more on-site triage.

GSOgymrat

How many people here are going to sit-down restaurants, movie theaters, gyms, and other places of business? In July, I went to an outdoor restaurant and I went to the gym once because a friend said it was basically empty. Otherwise, I haven't been to these places since March because I don't feel comfortable. I get the impression from looking at how full parking lots are that many people are going to sit-down restaurants and the gym, less so movie theaters.

Cassia

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 30, 2020, 10:51:10 AM
How many people here are going to sit-down restaurants, movie theaters, gyms, and other places of business? In July, I went to an outdoor restaurant and I went to the gym once because a friend said it was basically empty. Otherwise, I haven't been to these places since March because I don't feel comfortable. I get the impression from looking at how full parking lots are that many people are going to sit-down restaurants and the gym, less so movie theaters.

We have not ventured into any public places since April. Not even to go shopping. We do go on boat rides and usually spend at least 3 hours a day outside on the property if the weather is nice. A jogging trail and home gym keeps us fit. I feel fortunate to be able to stay safe. We have two bird feeders that bring all sorts of friends to admire. One feeder is just outside the kitchen window...doing dishes is a joy. Cardinals, buntings, jays, ravens, woodpeckers, catbirds, sparrows. This week the robins swooped in so thick, the chatter is almost unbelievable. The pond has giant egrets, cranes, ibis and herons all fishing along the shoreline. The feeders are suspended on galvanized fence pipe inserted into PVC pipes driven into the ground. Half a jar of Vasoline applied midway up the pole frustrates the squirrels who must resort to scavenging the ground for seeds.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 30, 2020, 01:00:57 AM

Governor Cuomo didn't want to inconvenience the tent hospital or hospital ship, so he cleared out the Covid patients by sending them to the nursing homes.  Governor of NJ did the same.  Humanitarians for sure.  The government should pay the hospitals no not accept patients, just as they pay the farmers to not grow crops.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

We've got a seed feeder and a suet feeder attached to our deck. The birds are very fun to watch. I'm currently debating whether to invest in a real home gym or to wait it out and return to my local gym. Working out in my unheated garage isn't ideal.

Baruch

First shutdown mid-March in NM, temporary opening, from end of May to mid July when governor again closes indoor dining, late July NMSC overturns governor regarding second shutdown of indoor dining, late August, NMSC reverses itself regarding indoor dining vs governor, but indoor dining remains open, new shutdown of indoor dining etc resumed early November.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 30, 2020, 12:01:24 PM
We've got a seed feeder and a suet feeder attached to our deck. The birds are very fun to watch. I'm currently debating whether to invest in a real home gym or to wait it out and return to my local gym. Working out in my unheated garage isn't ideal.

Daughter used to go to a public gym.  Two months ago she and Ex got a nice used exercise bicycle from Durango, and had it delivered here.  So this is a good investment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Swiss Patient Dies Shortly After Receiving Pfizer COVID Vaccine" ... after Israeli died in Israel from same cause

"ER Nurse Tests Positive For COVID 8 Days After Being Vaccinated" ... "This isn't unprecedented. Data from the Phase 3 trials indicated that it could take up to two weeks to develop protections from the virus after receiving the shot." ... trust the science, not the lying politicians

"Mysterious Disappearance Of Flu In San Diego Prompted Call For Audit Of COVID Records" ... dodgy Covid tests, dodgy Covid death certificates ... anything connected with this is lies (though the virus is real).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I've only been indoors for groceries and swimming (stopped as the weather got colder and the cases got worse).  They both have good procedures, and I do my best to stay away from other people and wear a mask.  Though I note that others don't always seem to return the favor.

I did outdoor dining twice this year in a party of three.  Both times we took seats far from others and wore masks when not eating.  I ate at an outdoor restaurant that required masks but it had tons of people indoors with no masks.  I was going to wash my hands in the bathroom but instead opted to pour my drink into my hands at the outdoor smoking section (almost abandoned because of the near-freezing temps).  My brother and I ate at the literal farthest we could possibly get from other patrons and it was still a nervous experience.  I had a lingering case of the sniffles and I'm pretty sure I inadvertently gave it to him.  :(

I regularly walk around the block or at the park, but I've have to adjust my route to avoid people.  Every time I've seen my extended family, it's been entirely outside and with a mask.

I've been tempted to go to the movie theater and my gym, but I have so far resisted the urge.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on December 30, 2020, 12:28:45 PM
"ER Nurse Tests Positive For COVID 8 Days After Being Vaccinated" ... "This isn't unprecedented. Data from the Phase 3 trials indicated that it could take up to two weeks to develop protections from the virus after receiving the shot." ... trust the science, not the lying politicians.

The information I received stated it takes 1-2 weeks following the second injection before there is maximum benefit.

Cassia

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 30, 2020, 12:01:24 PM
I thought this lil guy's plumage was a real show. After years of continuously full feeders, you get a bunch of regular customers ;) Sometimes they even let you get so close. Being isolated is not so bad for some of us, however I noticed some celebrities are really missing all the attention, LOL.

SGOS

I've started using curbside pickup at Walmart.  They have a nice website for the curbside customers that makes it easy to create a shopping list, and it remembers your most bought items.  There is no charge, but I tip anyway.  $35 is the minimum purchase.  You don't get out of your car.  Just pop the trunk and the staff loads it. You are charged at the website (except for the first time you use it when I had to hand the staff person my credit card), so you don't even have to pass your card to the staff member after the first time. None of the stores around me offer this including my nearest Walmart so it's about a 70 mile round trip, which is well worth it.  It's so convenient that I will probably still use it when the pandemic is over.  I don't eat in restaurants, even if people were wearing masks and sucking soup through straws.

My goal is no human contact until I'm vaccinated.  I hike with a woman and her dog.  We meet at the trailhead and do not ride share.  The weakest chain in that link is that we both touch her dog, but we are always 6 feet apart.  I just found out that an old girlfriend from a couple of years ago came down with the virus about a month ago.  She does OK for a while, but then she will have days of extreme fatigue.  So she hasn't fully recovered.  When I don't get out for my hike, which most of the time I do solo, I start to get a little stir crazy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on December 30, 2020, 02:31:09 PM
I've started using curbside pickup at Walmart.  They have a nice website for the curbside customers that makes it easy to create a shopping list, and it remembers your most bought items.  There is no charge, but I tip anyway.  $35 is the minimum purchase.  You don't get out of your car.  Just pop the trunk and the staff loads it. You are charged at the website (except for the first time you use it when I had to hand the staff person my credit card), so you don't even have to pass your card to the staff member after the first time. None of the stores around me offer this including my nearest Walmart so it's about a 70 mile round trip, which is well worth it.  It's so convenient, I will probably still use it when the pandemic is over.  I don't eat in restaurants, even if people were wearing masks and sucking soup through straws.

Been doing this for about 6 mo. now.  Works great.  About 2 months ago, went to Costco twice--always during the senior hours (9-10).  There were only a handful of people and seemed to work well.  But then CA started this latest boom of covid (my community went from 125 deaths to over 230 within the last 2 months), and stopped doing that.  Raley's, a grocery chain, stated do what Walmart is doing, so those are the two grocery sources we use.  Stay buttoned up--and will do so until this has turned around.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?