News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 22, 2020, 01:44:44 PM
If I were still a religious man, I'd be tempted to think this year was a test to determine whether or not humanity should be allowed to exist. I guess we'll know if there's a sudden rapture at the end of the year.

"Yes! I've made it! Jesus has returned for me! ...Wait. Oh no. This is the bad place!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBgT5djaQw

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 22, 2020, 01:44:44 PM
If I were still a religious man, I'd be tempted to think this year was a test to determine whether or not humanity should be allowed to exist. I guess we'll know if there's a sudden rapture at the end of the year.

"Yes! I've made it! Jesus has returned for me! ...Wait. Oh no. This is the bad place!"

Humanity has failed … but I am not surprised at my age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Connecticut State Lab Finds 90 False Positives Out Of 144 Coronavirus Tests Administered In Mid-June" … so 62% false positives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 22, 2020, 07:54:10 PM
Humanity has failed … but I am not surprised at my age.
Humanity is failing, but it hasn't yet fully failed.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

America in a nutshell:

Mike Cl

We are just too fucking stupid to live.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 23, 2020, 02:53:39 PM
Remember to breathe, lest you forget.  :eyes:

Unbeliever

Natural selection is a bitch.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

How spoilt of you. From the other side of the tube, you are just landing on earth. You live in a cut off pool. That's why it feels like civilisation is ending. Nothing is ending. Civilisation has ended for a lot of countries in the last 100 years alone. They just don't speak English. They still live. They've adjusted.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Good thing you are part of the blond, blue eyed master race, eh Manfred?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2020, 01:42:17 PM
Humanity is failing, but it hasn't yet fully failed.

We can still hope.  Who will save all the (other species) ... f**k the human children (oh, that is an Elite thing).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 23, 2020, 05:11:53 PM
How spoilt of you. From the other side of the tube, you are just landing on earth. You live in a cut off pool. That's why it feels like civilisation is ending. Nothing is ending. Civilisation has ended for a lot of countries in the last 100 years alone. They just don't speak English. They still live. They've adjusted.

I am still hoping for Babylonian to come back.  My clay tablet futures haven't sold well in 2500 years ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

How New Zealand bounced back from covid

Quote“We came together as a country, in part because we believed in our political and health experts to deliver and they did,” said Dr Jagadish Thaker, a senior lecturer at the school of communication, journalism & marketing at Massey University.

“Simple, clear health messages, communicated with kindness and empathy, resonate with people, even when they are demanding tough changes.”

QuoteResearchers found that New Zealanders had a high level of knowledge about the disease and how it was spread, with eight out of ten respondents saying they adopted frequent hand-washing behaviours, while 9 out of 10 said they practised social distancing.

QuoteNew Zealanders also showed a high level of knowledge that enabled them to dispel some of the common myths regarding coronavirus, with 94% of respondents knowing that it was false that only elderly people get infected, and that 5G towers were spreading it.
It's not all sunshine and rainbows - it still took a big economic toll (though nowhere near the wrecking ball that we got hit with) and 1/3 New Zealanders thought it was created in a lab and 1/4 thought that sunlight/heat could prevent/kill the virus (heat can, but we're talking 56°C for 15 minutes, not a temperature most people are likely to experience)

But I'll take 1,556 cases and 22 deaths over 4,169,991 cases and 147,333 deaths.

Per capita - per 100,000 - that's New Zealand with 32.2 cases and .5 deaths and USA with 1266.5 cases and 44.8 deaths.  When your death rate is about 90 times higher, you need to reevaluate your strats!

Baruch

Their female communist PM has super powers?  They are islands.  Their population is mostly sheep (literally).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.