News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 14, 2020, 02:50:57 PM
Meanwhile, 67% of gym members haven't realized their gym is closed.
To be fair, that email probably got lost in the hundreds of other emails from every corporate with one's data (a suspiciously long list) mass-emailing everyone their pandemic response plan.  That and thinking about the gym probably isn't a much of priority anymore in this new, quasi-post-apocalyptic lifestyle.  A relic of the Before Times.  When your whole world is the back yard and the front yard and everything in between, that stuff is literally out of sight and out of mind.

GSOgymrat

The joke is most people (some numbers say 80%) who have a gym membership don't actual go. I insisted my husband cancel his monthly gym membership because he hadn't set foot in the place in over a year. The gym could have burned to the ground and he would still be paying his monthly dues.

Munch

So over here they've announced with schools reopening next month they also want to start getting people back to work to help the economy.

However they also announced today, by the prime minister's press secretary, that it is our obligation to avoid using public transport.

Just.. do they review anything they say? Do they expect everyone to own a car or know anyone with a car, which would defeat the purpose of social distancing.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 14, 2020, 04:43:03 PM
So over here they've announced with schools reopening next month they also want to start getting people back to work to help the economy.

However they also announced today, by the prime minister's press secretary, that it is our obligation to avoid using public transport.

Just.. do they review anything they say? Do they expect everyone to own a car or know anyone with a car, which would defeat the purpose of social distancing.

Politicians are a bit like Hollywood starlets (see Adam Schiff).  They aren't part of the normal world ;-)  But at least London Transport got a 1.6 billion pound bailout (not enough riders (who pay faire)).  I want all of you English to do two meter distancing, forever.  Proportionately, only midgets will go back to work (shorter arm length).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 14, 2020, 03:08:01 PM
To be fair, that email probably got lost in the hundreds of other emails from every corporate with one's data (a suspiciously long list) mass-emailing everyone their pandemic response plan.  That and thinking about the gym probably isn't a much of priority anymore in this new, quasi-post-apocalyptic lifestyle.  A relic of the Before Times.  When your whole world is the back yard and the front yard and everything in between, that stuff is literally out of sight and out of mind.

There was another "Before Times" in the Dilbert TV cartoon episode where Dilbert accidentally shut down civilization.  It only took one day for the failure of all public services to convert the world into a Medieval cess pit.  You ain't seen nothing yet!  And to be fair, it may take a few more months to revert to a global Medieval Faire.  You will get plenty of physical work and herd immunity (from the Bubonic Plague) if you live long enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 14, 2020, 04:23:15 PM
The joke is most people (some numbers say 80%) who have a gym membership don't actual go. I insisted my husband cancel his monthly gym membership because he hadn't set foot in the place in over a year. The gym could have burned to the ground and he would still be paying his monthly dues.

Remember the new CD-A-Month club?  Are you still collecting disks that you don't listen to? (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 14, 2020, 05:43:10 PM
Politicians are a bit like Hollywood starlets (see Adam Schiff).  They aren't part of the normal world ;-)  But at least London Transport got a 1.6 billion pound bailout (not enough riders (who pay faire)).  I want all of you English to do two meter distancing, forever.  Proportionately, only midgets will go back to work (shorter arm length).

Just as well my boyfriend's are Irish and German then.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 14, 2020, 06:10:50 PM
Just as well my boyfriend's are Irish and German then.

Ask them where the pot-o-gold and the keg of mead are kept ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsW98x3U5s

if you can see this over there. the old womans Ann Widdecombe, often refereed to as the Tory biddy and worked in the conservitve government from 87-97. She's also pretty religious and an anti-abortion advocate.

She doesn't have a clue how to answer any of them with anything just a crocked response.

As the guy said, its just incoherent to tell people they can visit family and friends but need to keep 2 meters apart, but then tells them they need to use public transform where you can't keep 2 meters apart.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on May 14, 2020, 05:49:12 PM
Remember the new CD-A-Month club?  Are you still collecting disks that you don't listen to? (sarc).

Columbia House record club. I got LPs. I also sat by the stereo with a cassette player mic pointed at the speaker listening to Casey Kasem's America's Top 40 and waiting to record my favorite songs. That's how we pirated music in my day.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 14, 2020, 08:05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsW98x3U5s

if you can see this over there. the old womans Ann Widdecombe, often refereed to as the Tory biddy and worked in the conservitve government from 87-97. She's also pretty religious and an anti-abortion advocate.

She doesn't have a clue how to answer any of them with anything just a crocked response.

As the guy said, its just incoherent to tell people they can visit family and friends but need to keep 2 meters apart, but then tells them they need to use public transform where you can't keep 2 meters apart.

Why hire a politician to crack a safe, you need to hire a safe cracker.  The answer itself, regardless of source, may be incoherent.  Unless you can survive the Anthropocene, as it now is, humanity is extinct (unless the Xi/Gates NWO conspiracy is correct).  The idea that everything is a problem, and every problem has a solution, and a politician of all people, has the key to that solution ... is itself incoherent to me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 14, 2020, 02:50:57 PM
Meanwhile, 67% of gym members haven't realized their gym is closed.

LOOL Coffe-nose...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

"How New York Turned Nursing Homes Into 'Slaughter Houses'" ... not just Republican politicians have mishandled Covid ... and other jurisdictions are planning on forcing elderly into nursing homes merely if they are Covid-positive.  Some X-gen want to cull more Boomers.

"Lockdown-Defying Speakeasies Cropping Up Across Manhattan" ... an all new Jazz Age!

"Burundi Becomes 2nd African Nation To Expel WHO" ... added to Tanzania.  Africans are realizing that Chinese colonialism isn't better than the European kind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/14 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  27,245 (increased, comparable to 5/3)
New deaths (daily): 1,715 (increased)
Currently infected: 1,052,654 (after a one-day decline, it's back up again)

Looks like what meager decline we had is being counteracted somehow - greatly prolonging the deathtoll and economic cost of this pandemic.  Hey, I wonder if all those states opening up might have had anything to do with this.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 15, 2020, 12:08:42 PM
Sitrep 5/14 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  27,245 (increased, comparable to 5/3)
New deaths (daily): 1,715 (increased)
Currently infected: 1,052,654 (after a one-day decline, it's back up again)

Looks like what meager decline we had is being counteracted somehow - greatly prolonging the deathtoll and economic cost of this pandemic.  Hey, I wonder if all those states opening up might have had anything to do with this.

Economic puritans, for all their money making prowess, don't have the forethought to take into account what dead and sick people might have on their statistics and the longevity around it.