News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Something good from this corner of the world. In Istanbul, they've made a mutual anonymous online system, so the bills that up to 1000 liras that people cannot afford during the crisis are paid by others who can. Tens of thousands of bills are paid in several hours. It's going up so fast, it just made me happy.

Of course, there is a political mess around all this. But it is done by the opposition and who cares, people won't lose their electricity, water, phone, internet services...etc. They might close this down though. That's not gonna sit well with the current power. I'll pay a little one too. Not that I have money, I just want to do it. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Could be way off because of lack of testing but if the isn't, the US is really getting relatively whacked...Less than 5% of the world population has around 1/3 of the confirmed cases. The population is dense and the population is dense.

Baruch

"UK to begin lifting lockdown from Monday" ... supposedly official from the PM on Sunday
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Supreme Court denies Pennsylvania businesses' request to halt governor's order keeping them closed" ... US Supreme Court.  Pennsylvania Supreme Court turns the appeal down earlier.  This pretty much creates a legal precedent that the Governors can do anything they want.

Because of disruption of society and medical appointmentents worldwide ...

"Nearly 1.5 Million More Tuberculosis Deaths Expected Due To Coronavirus Lockdowns"  ... this being particularly hard on the reservations near me.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I feel like the main character of Idiocracy could figure this one out.

Baruch

Can't wait for free range hunting of Americans ....

"Belgium Accuses China Of Bio-Espionage; Biological Warfare Program And Vaccine Experts Targeted" ... will CNN, China News Network deny?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Kroger CEO: Customers will have meat during the coronavirus pandemic, so long as they are ‘flexible’

Isn't being flexible with meat sources what got us in this mess in the first place?  :P

Also, would it kill everyone in America to like maybe eat some tuna or eggs or peanuts or mushroom pizza or something for a while?  Having hamburgers is okay, but how about every other meal instead of literally every meal?  You know, vary it up a bit for our poor butchers' sakes?

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2020, 01:51:31 AM
Kroger CEO: Customers will have meat during the coronavirus pandemic, so long as they are ‘flexible’

Isn't being flexible with meat sources what got us in this mess in the first place?  :P

Also, would it kill everyone in America to like maybe eat some tuna or eggs or peanuts or mushroom pizza or something for a while?  Having hamburgers is okay, but how about every other meal instead of literally every meal?  You know, vary it up a bit for our poor butchers' sakes?
The Krogers around here have already been limiting the amount of meat they allow customers to purchase (by package rather than by weight) -- which is not insensible.  The only time I've seen the meat coolers cleaned out was in the earliest days of the panic.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

The biolabs in China were attractive because they follow fewer rules.  Don't consume products that have lax standards.  Pink slime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"18 Million People Entered The UK As The COVID-19 Pandemic Was Raging" ... GB only locked down Brits, not foreigners

"California County To Remove COVID-19 Patients From Homes Based On 'Living Situation' -- Will Place In 'Other Kinds Of Housing'" ... FEMA camps start up

"Your Genes May Determine Whether COVID-19 Puts You In Hospital Or Not" ... there were ideas about ethnic specific bioweapons last year.  This headline is speculative.  What if there are two Covids ... one accidentally released in China but contained.  The second a bioweapon designed to kill White people?  So China isn't lying about their infection rate, just which infection they have vs we have?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on May 07, 2020, 02:15:33 AM
The Krogers around here have already been limiting the amount of meat they allow customers to purchase (by package rather than by weight) -- which is not insensible.  The only time I've seen the meat coolers cleaned out was in the earliest days of the panic.
Initially, meat was pretty scarce, but over time, it more or less stabilized.  Until recently.  Overall, I'd say that I got what I ordered about 3/4 of the time.  The remainder have either been substitutions (ground turkey instead of ground beef) or not getting any meat at all (bacon is frequently sold out).  And I've somewhat been rationing, dusting off some old Depression-era recipes and using the "stretch" recommendations.  Not ideal.

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/6 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  25,459 (slightly increased)
New deaths (daily): 2,528 (very nearly a new record)
Currently infected: 975,312 (increased)

So...I'm thinking about building my own Vault-tec vault.  All secular humanists.  Heavy reliance on droids to perform menial tasks like maintenance and cleaning.  Vault education heavily favors electrical engineering and computer programming.  Bi-yearly elections via secret ballet (metal wafers pushed through a slot in the wall into a bucket).  Friendly relationship with Vault 34.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2020, 12:49:11 PM
Sitrep 5/6 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  25,459 (slightly increased)
New deaths (daily): 2,528 (very nearly a new record)
Currently infected: 975,312 (increased)

So...I'm thinking about building my own Vault-tec vault.  All secular humanists.  Heavy reliance on droids to perform menial tasks like maintenance and cleaning.  Vault education heavily favors electrical engineering and computer programming.  Bi-yearly elections via secret ballet (metal wafers pushed through a slot in the wall into a bucket).  Friendly relationship with Vault 34.

Good luck with that ;-)  Plenty easy to spread computer viruses, even easier than human viruses.  And there is the "outside password blackmail" where a hacker locks down your files with a password of his own, that he won't give you unless you pay money.  This has happened at hospitals multiple times.  Of course, in the Military Medical IT area, this is something we kept a close eye on.  Then there is the "insider" ... INCEL engineers and programmers like sexual favors, so honey traps work on them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur