News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Grieving is a long process .. are any of you grieving over this pandemic?

"Turn back, O man, forswear thy foolish ways!" ... Godspell

Religion for my Ex and for me, are of the period in which we achieved our first maturity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

WHO: no evidence that recovered people are immune to second wave of infection

QuoteIn a scientific brief, the United Nations agency warned governments against issuing “immunity passports” or “risk-free certificates” to people who have been infected as their accuracy could not be guaranteed.

The practice could actually increase the risks of continued spread as people who have recovered may ignore advice about taking standard precautions against the virus, it said.

Semper vigilans!

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Boss Lady works in a mail delivery pharmacy. She's getting a 20% bonus for coming to work. We'll take the money.

She also gets paid if she isn't allowed to come to work because they have to sanitize the whole facility.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 26, 2020, 01:46:28 AM
WHO: no evidence that recovered people are immune to second wave of infection

Semper vigilans!

Hence the apparent reinfections.  Science.  Immunity works, until it doesn't.  Hopefully this wave will continue forever until everyone is dead (of one thing or another).  Just like regular flu.  You need an annual flu shot even for regular flu.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Apocalypse = death of human race.  Nihilists dancing in the streets.  NHS nurses dancing in the hospitals.  In Medieval times, frenzied dancing was mistakenly believed to be caused by the poisonous bite of the tarantula spider.

"Tarantella - A quick, spirited Italian folk dance that involves much spinning and often the playing of tambourines is called the tarantella. ... A tarantella is not an eight-legged creature but is in fact a dance, or the music for it, in lively 6/8 time. It gets its name from the Italian port of Taranto, as does the tarantula."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Great media study ... but do you believe polls?

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/media-consumption-covid-19/

I am a totally atypical Boomer, since I get my news from Online-Press, and my entertainment from Online-Videos (typical of Gen Z).  My Ex and daughter (Millennial) get their entertainment from Online-TV/Streaming.

WHO is considered to be be most trustworthy by 61%.  I follow Expert Blog Posts (only considered by 20% to be trustworthy).  Was this poll taken in China?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Singapore Man Jailed For 6 Weeks After Violating Quarantine Over "Irresistible Urge" For Pork Soup" ... they were all out of bat soup ;-)

"China Continues To Flood The World With Defective Medical Supplies" ... deliberate or incompetent?

""The Math Is Not Pretty" - COVID Concerns Spark "Existential Threat" For Many Colleges" .. why spend thousands of dollars to make more Marxists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/25 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2

USA:

New cases (daily): 35,419
New deaths (daily): 2,065
Currently infected:  788,233

NC:

Flattening that curve!  Well, sorta.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 26, 2020, 10:58:52 AM
Stay at home is optional, right?

Californians and Floridians (and Australians) are Sun worshippers ... cry in your Marxist tomes, atheists.  Paganism is alive and well ;-)

The actual cumulative infection/death curves are S shaped.  The number of people seeking hospitalization is mound shaped (and flattened if possible).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Frankly I stopped listening to the news or reading it. I scan the headlines. When/if it blows up again I’m sure the headlines will adjust. Right now though, I don’t care how somebodies cousin’s friend deals with it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

My radio died, so I can't keep up with current events as well as I'd like. What's been happening with the Branch Covidians lately?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 26, 2020, 04:46:21 PM
My radio died, so I can't keep up with current events as well as I'd like. What's been happening with the Branch Covidians lately?

Sorry to hear.  Out of batteries?

There are no diseases in the world worth being concerned with, other than politics.  Georgia is slowing opening up.  Another 3 states have started: Alaska, Oklahoma, South Carolina.  Many other states shutdown orders expire on 4/30.  Those governors will have to decide what to do this week.  I don't expect major cities like NYC to start to open up before June 1.  Individual partial openings should be gradual, probably over a month or more.  Further epidemic waves expected by this Fall.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 26, 2020, 04:46:21 PM
Trump being Trump, made some rather stupid suggestions.  Now poison control centers are having to deal with stupid people drinking disinfectants.  Some states are easing restrictions.  There's a real chance that we could get another surge of cases (and deaths) and reimposed restrictions.