News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Checking in. Hi guys...I get that those protests are 'You can't touch me, I have rights, I'm an American' kind of protests? Correct me, please. Hopefully, not. Don't shoot them. You have enough manpower to tranquilize them. You could sue them afterward.

Here are the official numbers over here: 91 000 infected; the death by Covid-19 is somewhere close to 2500. I2m worried, many inconsistencies...sigh.

We are about to have a 4 days of curfew. There will come the deadly shenanigans. Still no panic buying, but things are getting tense. Standard protection masks were declared 'illegal item to sell' a while ago so the states is giving them. Now, they are trying a system like this in big cities, in subways where people have to work and have to use the system:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 20, 2020, 03:46:12 PM
Checking in. Hi guys...I get that those protests are 'You can't touch me, I have rights, I'm an American' kind of protests? Correct me, please. Hopefully, not. Don't shoot them. You have enough manpower to tranquilize them. You could sue them afterward.

Here are the official numbers over here: 91 000 infected; the death by Covid-19 is somewhere close to 2500. I2m worried, many inconsistencies...sigh.

We are about to have a 4 days of curfew. There will come the deadly shenanigans. Still no panic buying, but things are getting tense. Standard protection masks were declared 'illegal item to sell' a while ago so the states is giving them. Now, they are trying a system like this in big cities, in subways where people have to work and have to use the system:

We already sue too much in the US!  Instead India is charging China over Covid, and Texas is suing China for $20 trillion ;-)

I definitely approve of your mask dispensers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 20, 2020, 01:42:14 PM
I don't understand the protests that well.  I could understand it at a corporate level, but most of those protestors seem like ordinary rabble (includes all of here who make less than the upper middle class), but who are doing the work of corporate CEOs or Russian operatives.  I've been wondering if Russia has a hand it this the they way the allegedly did in creating social unrest and division in Charlottesville, Virginia.  For the most part, people seem to be happy to comply with efforts to hold back the pandemic.  I see people that don't wear masks and are not mindful of distancing, but they don't look angry. They look more like they don't give a shit. Protests seem like an extreme reaction from people who focus on weird Utube and facebook sites.  Now throw in stimulus checks, which some politicians are considering making monthly, and I'm not sure why people don't want to cooperate.  I think it's mostly political.  If Trump says protest, they do, not because it makes sense, but because they feel compelled to support Trump no matter what his decisions are.

The protests could be quelled, by giving every American a $2000 check every month, forever ;-)  Think of Rome, the Colosseum ... bread and circuses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

I don't understand the protests that well.  I could understand it at a corporate level, but most of those protestors seem like ordinary rabble (includes all of here who make less than the upper middle class), but who are doing the work of corporate CEOs or Russian operatives.  I've been wondering if Russia has a hand it this the they way the allegedly did in creating social unrest and division in Charlottesville, Virginia.  For the most part, people seem to be happy to comply with efforts to hold back the pandemic.  I see people that don't wear masks and are not mindful of distancing, but they don't look angry. They look more like they don't give a shit. Protests seem like an extreme reaction from people who focus on weird Utube and facebook sites.  Now throw in stimulus checks, which some politicians are considering making monthly, and I'm not sure why people don't want to cooperate.  I think it's mostly political.  If Trump says protest, they do, not because it makes sense, but because they feel compelled to support Trump no matter what his decisions are.

I have only been to one protest in my life, in support of Rocky Flats and nuclear deterrence.  Otherwise, remembering the 1960s, I didn't think much of protests and protestors (Civil Rights Black protests were mostly before my time, and not in my region).  All I saw were drugged up spoiled college students wasting their education.  Yes, all Trump-bots are like Daleks ... so unlike the semi-conscious 60s ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

I think it's mostly political.  If Trump says protest, they do, not because it makes sense, but because they feel compelled to support Trump no matter what his decisions are.
Yep--hit the nail on the head.  He has supported these people via twitter, calling them 'great' people.  Just like Charlottesville when he said both sides have fine people.  He has fed these people all along.  And they do his bidding.  Consider that half the country supports this vile creature and I'm not surprised.  These people with do anything and everything for their cult leader. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Please, relax. Guys, what is going on? Are you OK?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 20, 2020, 06:00:05 PM
Where I live we're slowing coming out of the pandemic. The Health Ministry is now gonna make random samplings of the population to see if there are dark numbers of Covid-19. Still not completely open up the society, as of yet, with the whole social distancing, non-essential work is laid down, etc. because we haven't had a new case inside the country for 10 days now, sparring 1 new case that travelled into the country.

I expect it will turn up again around August/September, hopefully as mild or milder the strain of the virus we got. Iceland had it bad, but here in the Faroes we were lucky.

Sal1981

Misinformation getting a look at.

Also if you feel like raging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFbwjwQ4VE

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 20, 2020, 06:00:05 PM
No. We're not. We have an unhinged, psychotic narcissist at the helm and a whole lot of people who think he's God and will do his bidding.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 20, 2020, 05:08:34 PM
Yep--hit the nail on the head.  He has supported these people via twitter, calling them 'great' people.  Just like Charlottesville when he said both sides have fine people.  He has fed these people all along.  And they do his bidding.  Consider that half the country supports this vile creature and I'm not surprised.  These people with do anything and everything for their cult leader.

Hate all imperfect people?  Or just prejudice of hating some imperfect people and ignoring or supporting others?  How is this different than drunk hooligans fighting after a football (soccer) match?

Will you start a nuclear war over Syria/Ukraine for Hillary?  The Dems are just as much crazed war mongers as the Rethugs.  Hillary is such a saint.  Biden has only indirectly had people killed (as part of warmongering Obama administration) ... perhaps Hillary has done more "wet work".  This is why I would never vote for anyone who can't raise Lazarus from the dead ... they wouldn't be good enough, just agents of the Romans and the Sanhedrin ;-)

Yes, British comics are like gods?  Who knew?  John Oliver, if in England, would have voted Corbyn.  Deranged Dems vote for senile Biden?  Natch.  People can look at themselves in the mirror (any of us), not see any problem ;-(  Completely tone deaf to their own psychosis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 20, 2020, 07:49:32 PM
Hate all imperfect people?  Or just prejudice of hating some imperfect people and ignoring or supporting others?  How is this different than drunk hooligans fighting after a football (soccer) match?

Will you start a nuclear war over Syria/Ukraine for Hillary?  The Dems are just as much crazed war mongers as the Rethugs.  Hillary is such a saint.  Biden has only indirectly had people killed (as part of warmongering Obama administration) ... perhaps Hillary has done more "wet work".  This is why I would never vote for anyone who can't raise Lazarus from the dead ... they wouldn't be good enough, just agents of the Romans and the Sanhedrin ;-)

Yes, British comics are like gods?  Who knew?  John Oliver, if in England, would have voted Corbyn.  Deranged Dems vote for senile Biden?  Natch.  People can look at themselves in the mirror (any of us), not see any problem ;-(  Completely tone deaf to their own psychosis.
I see you are still so full of shit it is flowing from your fingers.  As usual. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on April 20, 2020, 07:48:15 PM
No. We're not. We have an unhinged, psychotic narcissist at the helm and a whole lot of people who think he's God and will do his bidding.

Yeah... It happens. Same over here. I'm sorry. And also how whiny you are. The thing is -which you know very well- you have to do this by yourselves. I'm very serious about this. You have to do this by yourselves.   

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 20, 2020, 08:44:05 PM
I see you are still so full of shit it is flowing from your fingers.  As usual.

And you still have no fingers, and are constipated (discourse wise).  MikeCL says ... I am Nietzsche's superman, but you are shit.  Not very atheist is it?  Why respond if you have no actual arguments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V747bEvcRbA

Tedros and Xi can burn forever in hell.  We have lots of nukes to permanently eliminate the infection of communism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 20, 2020, 09:26:23 PM
Yeah... It happens. Same over here. I'm sorry. And also how whiny you are. The thing is -which you know very well- you have to do this by yourselves. I'm very serious about this. You have to do this by yourselves.

Well I hope Erdogan doesn't think he is Allah!  That would be "ZindÄ«q".  If he thinks he is a sultan or a caliph, that is established by his successful military or religious conquests within and without the world of Islam.

So you don't like our politicians?  How American of you ;-)  Yes, Turkish interference in our elections would be unwelcome.  Particularly to the Turkish-American who runs the Semiogogue web casts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Trump to 'suspend immigration into the United States' by executive order amid coronavirus" ... temporary

"Georgia, Tennessee, SC announce plans to reopen some businesses, wind down coronavirus stay-at-home orders" ... slow go, safe go

"New York county residents sue WHO over coronavirus response" ... not just the state of Texas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.