Radical Odinism: The New Radical Islam?

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, November 17, 2015, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 17, 2015, 10:32:44 PM

Gotta go with Shir on this one. The moderate Muslims do harshly criticize the radicals, and this can be verified with a simple Google search. Granted, Shir and I disagree on exactly how many moderates there are, but... the point stands. :lol:

See, when someone actually has a rational view I don't just result to memes :p...

I would wager the number of moderate Muslims are a fair bit lower than I say, and closer to where you think. That said, I try to stay optimistic because it does me no good to do otherwise.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on November 17, 2015, 10:45:43 PMThat said, I try to stay optimistic because it does me no good to do otherwise.
I don't, but it's not because I'm a pessimist. I'm just an optimist with experience. :P

On a more serious note, I do think that most people are basically good. The issue is that one's sense of "good" can be easily steered in a bad direction if they never develop critical thinking skills.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 17, 2015, 10:45:43 PM
See, when someone actually has a rational view I don't just result to memes :p...

I would wager the number of moderate Muslims are a fair bit lower than I say, and closer to where you think. That said, I try to stay optimistic because it does me no good to do otherwise.

Underlying rhetoric of "where are the moderate Muslims" ... same as "where are the moderate Germans circa 1938" ... we non-Muslims or non-Germans ... want to sit back sipping our lattes, while we watch the Muslims all kill each other (or Germans kill each other).  History doesn't operate at the convenience of the chatterati.  Yes, it would be so much better if one billion Muslims went into civil war, with WMD ... not.  Without WMD by someone ... a substantial reduction of the Muslim population won't happen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.