News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Response to Leviticus

Started by Contemporary Protestant, May 23, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:26:14 PM
Well the verse only indicates that universe started at a certain time but doesn't discuss the nature of said universe

If you want me to address the other verses, could you tell me where they are, so that I may read the whole passage

Here's an idea.....why don't you....like all of us atheists have done.....read the damn babble yourself.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Contemporary Protestant

I am reading it, but there are thousands of verses, if you want a quick response, I need the passage you are citing, or it will take me a few days to go and find it, read it, analyze it

I can provide a list of the books I've been through since joining the forum, if need be

Poison Tree

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:26:14 PM
Well the verse only indicates that universe started at a certain time
and that the earth was also created at that time (the beginning), by god. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." the heavens and the earth were created by god in the beginning.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Contemporary Protestant

Yeah God made the heavens and the Earth, according to G, 1:1

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:37:24 PM
I am reading it, but there are thousands of verses, if you want a quick response, I need the passage you are citing, or it will take me a few days to go and find it, read it, analyze it

I have read the babble twice. Once to read it, the second to study it. It is NOT that hard nor is it difficult to understand, it was written for goat herders not Cal Tech. Sheesh...take a yellow high lighter and read it and high light the WTF parts,,,(be careful there are lots of em), then write those down in a notebook and at the end of the book go back and read the WTF's and ask yourself......[spoiler]WHAT THE FUCK?[/spoiler]
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: aitm on June 03, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
I have read the babble twice. Once to read it, the second to study it. It is NOT that hard nor is it difficult to understand, it was written for goat herders not Cal Tech. Sheesh...take a yellow high lighter and read it and high light the WTF parts,,,(be careful there are lots of em), then write those down in a notebook and at the end of the book go back and read the WTF's and ask yourself......[spoiler]WHAT THE FUCK?[/spoiler]

really, I can remember all this just after two readings...give it a go chap. You'll see the bullshit soon enough

Contemporary Protestant

Yeah I've been seen something all right but I am trying to refrain from ethnocentrism and applying my culture and world view to it

Ive read it once just to read it and wasn't careful, I am reading very slowly and I am seeing a lot of stuff that seems absurd, however I (this is something I believe and was not told or taught) really think that negative thinking and judgement produces more negative thinking, to truly understand something, one must try and see from the lens of another person

aitm

Quoteto truly understand something, one must try and see from the lens of another person

No.
To truly see how another person believes and feels one must see from the lens of another person, thats all fine and dandy..but to see the truth, one must set oneself back from the warm and fuzzies and look objectively and reasonably at the facts and information. Tell me how in any way shape or form does a god punish the honest pharaoh for simply wanting a single woman whose husband lied and told him she was single? How is that honorable in anyway? your god is a fuckwad.

Contemporary Protestant

How can we be objective 100% of the time, when as a species we are subjective?

Abram and Sarai is a good point, I haven't found an adequate explanation for that