News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If Jesus were real!?

Started by josephpalazzo, December 21, 2013, 09:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Heisreal"If Jesus is non existent why is Jesus birthday our nations largest holiday?

Why has the Bible been the #1 best seller for your entire life?

Why was there a point in history when time became BC?

These are facts in favor of Jesus, despite Christians being a minority throughout history.

Stupidity and lies are your weapons. You should learn more intelligent things to do with your time, such as pounding nails into your face.

Plu

Quote from: "Heisreal"If Jesus is non existent why is Jesus birthday our nations largest holiday?

These are facts in favor of Jesus, despite Christians being a minority throughout history.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or genuine stupid, but it sounds like sarcasm to me :)

(Although maybe I'm giving you too much slack... time will tell.)

Insult to Rocks

Somebody should probably tell those hundreds of thousands of Christians that they are a minority again.
As for Jesus, well, even if he did exist, he still would have plenty of things to own up to, such as the supporting of slavery. But if there was a person named Jesus in that time period, he most likely wouldn't even resemble the biblical one.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Hijiri Byakuren

Well it isn't. December 25th was a holiday of Roman paganism that the Church appropriated to spread Christianity throughout the Empire; same with Easter.

Quote from: "Heisreal"Why has the Bible been the #1 best seller for your entire life?
Because Christianity is the largest single religion in the world, and the Bible is at the center of its religious practice.

Quote from: "Heisreal"Why was there a point in history when time became BC?
First of all, B.C. and A.D. are out-dated terms. About 500 years or so ago, it occurred to many Christian historians that the Bible pegged Jesus' birth being around 4 B.C., which made the calender inaccurate. Instead of adjusting the calender, the terms "Before Common Era" (B.C.E.) and "Common Era" (C.E.) were introduced instead.

In any case, that system exists because that's when European Christians decided to start their calender, which was created some time in what we now call the 5th Century C.E. When the Europeans came to dominate the world, they brought their calender with them. When they established the League of Nations and later the United Nations, this calender became the global standard. In other words, the use of this calender has nothing to do with the truth or falsehood of the religion, and everything to do with global domination.

Quote from: "Heisreal"These are facts in favor of Jesus, despite Christians being a minority throughout history.
Christians have only been a minority for 3 out of the 20 centuries their religion has been around, so that latter statement is an outright lie. Secondly, many of the so-called facts in favor of even a historical Jesus have been shown to be dubious at best, and outright forgeries at worst.

Any other bullshit you'd care to spew forth?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

QuoteHeisreal wrote:
Because Christianity is the largest single religion in the world, and the Bible is at the center of its religious practice.

Actually I'm not even sure if it's the #1 best seller... most of the ratings go by number of books printed and the bible is far ahead there because a bunch of churches print up loads of them and then give them away for free... I doubt most bibles printed ever get read, let alone sold to someone for actual money.

Heisreal

No wonder Jesus is a myth. You can't even admit documented truth.

leo

Quote from: "Heisreal"No wonder Jesus is a myth. You can't even admit documented truth.
What documented truth?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Heisreal

I  just turned off the comedy channel, all the best jokes are here.

the_antithesis

Is this another sock puppet. I'm so sick of this guy.

Plu

Nah he's a new member. I'm guessing a very short-lived one.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Plu"Nah he's a new member. I'm guessing a very short-lived one.

They all seem like the same guy.

Plu

That's because they're all twats, but they're coming in from different locations.

the_antithesis

Or they're bouncing through multiple proxy servers like hackers in those spy movies...

OK, I can't say that with a straight face.

FrankDK

At first, I thought this was satire, but I suspect it's genuine.

> If Jesus is non existent why is Jesus birthday our nations largest holiday?

Why did most of the people in the world believe that the earth was flat?  What the majority of people believe is hardly a measure of truth.  Why isn't Christmas the largest holiday in India or China?  (Actually, Christmas is growing in popularity in China, but it has nothing to do with Jesus.  They like the lights and gifts.)

Also, you must realize that Jesus' birthday has nothing to do with Christmas.  According to the Bible, Jesus was born "while shepherds watched their flocks by night," which is in the lambing season, in the late spring.  The December 25 date comes from earlier savior-gods like Horus and Mithra.  It was also the time of the Roman celebration of Saturnalia.

Does the fact that the biggest celebration in Roman times was Saturnalia mean that Saturn is the true God, or that the majority can be wrong?

> Why has the Bible been the #1 best seller for your entire life?

This was answered by another poster.

> Why was there a point in history when time became BC?

Because Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity, and because the Roman short sword was a formidable weapon.  Most of the Christians in the world inherited their Christianity from ancestors who were converted at the point of the Roman short sword.  Hardly a convincing argument.

Also, the Bible says Jesus was born during the reign of King Herod the Great.  We know from Roman and Jewish records (that mention astronomical events like eclipses, so we know exactly when they ocurred) that Herod died in 4 BC on the Christian calendar.  Since "BC" means "before Christ," the latest Jesus could have been born was four years before Christ.  Therefore, Jesus and the Christ are two different people, born at least four years apart.

> These are facts in favor of Jesus, despite Christians being a minority throughout history.

That many, even the majority of, people believe something is not evidence that it is true.

Where is the evidence that Jesus lived?

Frank

mykcob4

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "ApostateLois"According to Jesus' mother, he was a useless, no-good, long-haired bum who hung out with losers and never gave her any grandchildren. :lol:
[ Image ]
He was a slcker!