Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on April 30, 2020, 10:20:54 PM
I was probably the only guy who watched that movie at the time who liked jessica rabbit purely for her personality.
I don't recall much about her personality other than that she had good intentions towards Roger (though her logic was a little off) and treated him quite kindly.  That and they're happily married.  Good for them.

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

I was probably the only guy who watched that movie at the time who liked jessica rabbit purely for her personality.
Yeah, there were no other gay men back then.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

The latest Clone War episode had a tribute to both Kobe and Gigi, and I was not fucking ready for that trip down feels boulevard.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 01, 2020, 12:44:38 AM
I don't recall much about her personality other than that she had good intentions towards Roger (though her logic was a little off) and treated him quite kindly.  That and they're happily married.  Good for them.
Sums up three out of four of my marriages.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

There is something to be said in favor of the big screen.  I have that at home, but it only hints at an AMC Theater's screen.  The crowds are a detraction, unless you want to do a mid week matinee.  Theaters without recliners now seem like torture chambers to me.  A person who worked at a theater told me their revenue is almost all from concessions, because Hollywood gives them but a small pittance for the use of their physical plant and equipment.  A theater can't operate in the black without those absurd popcorn prices, which softens my one time anger at the movies, but understanding why they have to do it, doesn't really alter the basic fact that you are getting screwed.  But now I feel like I owe it to the theater to buy popcorn, just to help keep them afloat.

Some interview a few years ago featured some top producers and directors (I think Spielberg may have been one of them) who warned that theaters would soon no longer exist because people aren't flocking to them anymore.  I didn't know if they were simply pointing out a fact or making a case to get my ass to the movies more often.  It may be true.  But there must still be money to be made in theater ownership, as a new one just opened up near me 4 years ago.  Of course it also has a restaurant, arcade, and bowling alley.

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 01, 2020, 04:01:25 AM
Yeah, there were no other gay men back then.

I meant with all the friends and family I knew who watched it
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on May 01, 2020, 07:04:29 AM
I meant with all the friends and family I knew who watched it
Ach, alles klar, ja!
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on May 01, 2020, 08:49:21 AM
Ich mag auch Google Ãœbersetzer!
I took German classes at Purdue. Flunked both times. No head for languages save the odd phrase.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 01, 2020, 06:26:06 AMBut there must still be money to be made in theater ownership, as a new one just opened up near me 4 years ago.  Of course it also has a restaurant, arcade, and bowling alley.
Wow, that's the dying store trifecta.  Don't see a lot of bowling alleys anymore.  And arcades are like unicorns around here.  I'd cherish a place like that.

trdsf

Nope, not the only one.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 01, 2020, 06:26:06 AM
There is something to be said in favor of the big screen.  I have that at home, but it only hints at an AMC Theater's screen.  The crowds are a detraction, unless you want to do a mid week matinee.  Theaters without recliners now seem like torture chambers to me.  A person who worked at a theater told me their revenue is almost all from concessions, because Hollywood gives them but a small pittance for the use of their physical plant and equipment.  A theater can't operate in the black without those absurd popcorn prices, which softens my one time anger at the movies, but understanding why they have to do it, doesn't really alter the basic fact that you are getting screwed.  But now I feel like I owe it to the theater to buy popcorn, just to help keep them afloat.

Some interview a few years ago featured some top producers and directors (I think Spielberg may have been one of them) who warned that theaters would soon no longer exist because people aren't flocking to them anymore.  I didn't know if they were simply pointing out a fact or making a case to get my ass to the movies more often.  It may be true.  But there must still be money to be made in theater ownership, as a new one just opened up near me 4 years ago.  Of course it also has a restaurant, arcade, and bowling alley.

You are soooo spoiled ;-)  What, no chewing gum in the seat?  What about 3-D or smell-o-vision, so in the restroom scenes you get the full effect?  I want to hear the turds plop in the bowl.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 01, 2020, 12:34:46 AM
What personality? lol. She was a rabbit with boobs who acted sexy, but hated being called "doll." She was such a garbage character.

Later cartoons redeemed her character, turning her into a goofball.

Edit: Ah, dang it. I got the Bunnies mixed up.

You prefer cartoon bunnies who are butch dike feminists? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 01, 2020, 09:37:05 AM
Wow, that's the dying store trifecta.  Don't see a lot of bowling alleys anymore.  And arcades are like unicorns around here.  I'd cherish a place like that.

Not many 1957 Thunderbird coupes or poodle skirts either!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.