Atheist VS Christian morality: Good is evil and vice versa

Started by Hydra009, May 14, 2015, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: KingJ on July 15, 2015, 05:34:01 AM
That is logical, yes. But we have to try look beyond our noses. We have to accept that we ARE a creation. We HAVE a small brain and only use a SMALL percentage of it. It should come as NO surprise that grasping God of the UNIVERSE ...be beyond us.
Then why do you have a concept of "God" then? Or is your "God" some special meaning, following special implications?

When you say something is  unknowable, or in your words, "be beyond us" and then turn around and give explicit definitions for it, guess what, you've gone and done a Catch 22. Either "God" is knowable or it isn't, so which is it?

Quote from: KingJ on July 15, 2015, 05:34:01 AMThe bible paints the picture that God's omniscience, omnipotence and His goodness run alongside each other. God is good and omniscient. The bible says He is a bright morning start (Rev 22:16) with no darkness in Him at all (1 John 1:5). I imagine God being like a great sun watching over us. He knows all and righteousness is a raging fire that is one with Him.

With our useful but limited grey matter we can only really look at where the evidence points in grasping / judging God.
You know, you're just giving your god a free ride, right? All-good, all-knowing, all-powerful, and yet we can't grasp it. It's all so very obtuse and contradictory if you think about it.

Quote from: KingJ on July 15, 2015, 05:34:01 AMThe evidence points to God limiting His omnipotence on the cross. On His omniscience, there are many scriptures where God considered our requests. One example that comes to mind is Exodus 32  “I have seen these people,” the Lord said to Moses, “and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.” 11 But Moses sought the favor of the Lord his God. “Lord,” he said, “why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians say, ‘It was with evil intent that he brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to wipe them off the face of the earth’? Turn from your fierce anger; relent and do not bring disaster on your people. 13 Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.’” 14 Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.
Ah, so your god is able to change his mind, being so fucking omni-max and all? Do you into logic?

Quote from: KingJ on July 15, 2015, 05:34:01 AMThen creating an earth and temporal bodies gives us time and space to exercise our free will. We can go fishing today and choose to throw our catch back in the water, kill it instantly or torture it to death.
I can't help but laugh at your ridiculous outhro. "Torture it to death", yes, quite. And don't get me all to bent out of shape about free will -&- temporal, you're just vomiting words around like a fucking loose garden hose on full pressure.

But I do hope you're enjoying yourself groveling like a worm towards your imaginary omni-max dictator.

KingJ

Quote from: Termin on July 15, 2015, 01:06:16 PM
The part in bold . you don't seriously believe that do you ? You know that's nothing more than an Urban myth, if you believe that . . . well it does explain quite a few things.

''''You seriously believe that'''' '''well that does expalin quite a few things'''...    :blahblah:

The only post of yours that I will reply to is the one where you apologize for your reading blunder on slavery.

KingJ

Quote from: doorknob on July 15, 2015, 01:11:32 PM
no actually are brains are fairly large by comparison to other animals. Also FYI we use 100% of our brains not the urban legend 10%. Look it up and educate your self.
I don't think anyone has ever believed 90% of our brains are waste. Einstein never meant that when he made the claim. The point was that we don't use it for thought.

Now science has proven that we use all of the brain for something....in a way debunking a myth that was never there...well goshness...I could have told you all from day one that God is great and everything has a purpose.

KingJ

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 15, 2015, 07:28:06 PM
1.Either "God" is knowable or it isn't, so which is it?

2. You know, you're just giving your god a free ride, right? All-good, all-knowing, all-powerful, and yet we can't grasp it. It's all so very obtuse and contradictory if you think about it.

3. Ah, so your god is able to change his mind, being so fucking omni-max and all? Do you into logic?

4. But I do hope you're enjoying yourself groveling like a worm towards your imaginary omni-max dictator.
1. This has to be the dumbest question on God I have ever heard. It is like saying you have to understand how God came into existence to know He is there... Seriously?

2. You....can grasp it. You have free will right now. Contradictory? Lol. What is amazing is that you continue mud slinging God for your own assumptions. ''I can't grasp how God is good and omniscient at the same time...becuase I can't, God is evil''. ''God is evil because there is evil''. Highly intelligent reasoning!  :wall:

3. He considers our requests, yes. But you are hradly trying to see the full picture. God is in ultimate control of who goes to hell and who doesn't. When we are in heaven we can judge Him. If He sent anyone to hell that hated what is evil, we have a bone to pick with Him. The evidence points to Him having nothing to hide as He increases our intelligence in heaven per scripture.

4. I hope you don't honestly believe your arguments against God of the bible hold water.

Munch

See that's the funny thing kingj, you can't physically hold water with your imagination, or your imaginary friend. You might tell yourself you see water being held by your imaginary friend, but most children grow out of that by time they reach school.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 06:57:28 AM
I don't think anyone has ever believed 90% of our brains are waste. Einstein never meant that when he made the claim. The point was that we don't use it for thought.

Now science has proven that we use all of the brain for something....in a way debunking a myth that was never there...well goshness...I could have told you all from day one that God is great and everything has a purpose.
KingJ, the magic man.  Talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.  Come one, come all!  This is a great side show!

You made an assertion, and when called on it, you claimed you never believed that.  Good job!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

Your contention that the God of the Bible wasn't evil? Bullshit. See, when I was younger, it always puzzled me why Pharaoh was refusing the Israelites go even after all this horrific stuff was happening to them. Upon a more careful reading of the Bible, I found out why:

Starting from Exodus 7:

1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land. 3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

So here, we get an immidate answer of why Pharaoh was being pig-headed about keeping the Israelites as slaves: Yahuwahu was making him stubborn, just so that he could show off his power.

And it continues:

13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.

8:15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Now, so far the plauges haven't been that bad, so it might be understandable why Pharaoh hasn't let the Israelites go yet. Yet there is the "hardened his heart" phrase showing up again and again, a phrasology which Yahuwahu uses explicitly, indicating that he is the culprit.

32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Then Yahuwahu starts with the livestock. This is now getting serious, because livestock represents one of the major assets of the ordinary farmer.

9:7 And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.

Pharaoh's heart was hardened again. Wonder who did that?

11 And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians. 12 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses.

Now we're getting more explicit that it was Yahuwahu who was hardening Pharaoh's heart. That is, Yahuwahu who was manipulating Pharaoh's emotions and thoughts, prodding him to do something he wouldn't normally do under the circumstances.

In short, he is violating Pharaoh's free will.

It becomes even more stark the next chapter, Exodus 10:

1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him: 2 And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the Lord.

So Yahuwahu fully cops to doing this thing to Pharaoh, and repeats why he did it. It's to demonstrate his power. Now, you have to know something about the Pharaoh of Egypt â€" the Pharaoh was considered a living god. Yahuwahu is showing Pharaoh that he has the bigger divine dick.

16 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you. 17 Now therefore forgive, I pray thee, my sin only this once, and intreat the Lord your God, that he may take away from me this death only. 18 And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord. 19 And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt. 20 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.

So here Pharaoh was, pleading for mercy from the plague of locusts. This was a plea that was not caused by Yahuwahu's meddling, but Pharaoh's true heart. He'd clearly had enough by this point. But when Yahuwahu sends the locusts away, what did he do? Hardened Pharaoh's heart again. Fuckssake, Exodus itself was portraying Pharaoh to be at his wits end and was going to let the Israelites go just to get them out of his beeswax-greased hair â€"which was what Yahuwahu and Moses wantedâ€" yet Yahuwahu, the jerk, forced him back into the game that he didn't want to play. What an asshole!

And it continues:

27 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

Exodus 11, the plauge of the firstborn, the divine faggotry continues:

9 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt. 10 And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Again, more divine dick-wagging. Again, Yahuwahu tramples Pharaoh's free will just so that he could show off once more.

12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Read that again, "ALL OF THE FIRSTBORN" in the land of Egypt. Beasts as well as people. (Whatever did the beasts do to the Israelites?) You are fucking insane if you think this would amount to ten people. You are also fucking insane if you think that all (or even most) of these firstborn had anything to do with the slavery of the Israelites. Indeed this is underlined later in the section:

30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

"There was not a house where there was not one dead." This is not ten people. This is hundreds of thousands. The population of Egypt at the time was a cool million. Most of those would never have seen an Israelite slave, let alone own one.

31 And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the Lord, as ye have said. 32 Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone; and bless me also. 33 And the Egyptians were urgent upon the people, that they might send them out of the land in haste; for they said, We be all dead men.

Okay, now we're on the right track. Pharaoh finally is free to tell the Israelites to get the fuck out of Egypt and take their god with them. Like he was ready to do since Exodus 10:16 before Yahuwahu was a dick to him.

Now, how many finaly made it out of Egypt?

Exodus 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children. 38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Hundreds of thousands of people, and their livestock. Remember that. It'll be important later.

Ah, but we're not done with Pharaoh yet. In Exodus 14, he does something really really strange given the previous few sections:

5 And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?

Are ye daft, Pharaoh?!! Did you not remember how their god hardened your heart and made you keep them against your own will just so that Yahuwahu could show how badass he is and how ineffectual you are as a "living god"? What possessed you to do this?

6 And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him: 7 And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them. 8 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.

Oh, of course. You were, in fact, possessed. Possessed by the jerk-ass god Yahuwahu.

To sum up, yes, the God of the Bible is evil to the core. Exodus is a book where Yahuwahu absolutely revels in his ass-kicking power, such that he has to set up Pharaoh and the entirety of Egypt as his punching bag. This is an evil act by any sane standard of morality.

It also blows away any excuse that God doesn't want to violate our free will. He was perfectly willing to do so for the Pharaoh of Egypt, on multiple occasions.

And remember those hundreds of thousands of people with their livestock fleeing Egypt? Didn't happen. See, a group that large would leave signs behind. They would throw away their trash, and their livestock would eat whatever was on the way, leaving a clear archeological signal behind. It is exactly this that we do not find. There was no Exodus.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

KingJ

Quote from: Munch on July 16, 2015, 09:03:55 AM
See that's the funny thing kingj, you can't physically hold water with your imagination, or your imaginary friend. You might tell yourself you see water being held by your imaginary friend, but most children grow out of that by time they reach school.
Imaginery friend? When all the evidence points to a Creator and a good one...? is on par with Santa Claus and the tooth fairy...Seriously? Jesus is on par with the tooth fairy? A little bit of doubt on history causes '''maximum'' assurance....seriously?

I don't believe you believe what you are saying  :wink:. I believe you just like saying it.

dtq123

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 11:11:58 AM
I don't believe you believe what you are saying  :wink:. I believe you just like saying it.
Why not both?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 11:11:58 AM
Imaginery friend? When all the evidence points to a Creator and a good one...? is on par with Santa Claus and the tooth fairy...Seriously? Jesus is on par with the tooth fairy? A little bit of doubt on history causes '''maximum'' assurance....seriously?

Maybe not on par with the Tooth Fairy. More like my imaginary best buddy, Sauron. The both of them, however, are equally imaginary. And just as juvenile.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

KingJ

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 16, 2015, 10:46:09 AM
KingJ, the magic man.  Talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.  Come one, come all!  This is a great side show!

You made an assertion, and when called on it, you claimed you never believed that.  Good job!

Really? I don't care which way you interpret it as either way its a red herring. What is interesting is the eagerness to jump on something so silly.

I will be praying for you  :wink:.

KingJ

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 16, 2015, 11:10:50 AM
Your contention that the God of the Bible wasn't evil? Bullshit. See, when I was younger, it always puzzled me why Pharaoh was refusing the Israelites go even after all this horrific stuff was happening to them. Upon a more careful reading of the Bible, I found out why:

Starting from Exodus 7:

1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land. 3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

So here, we get an immidate answer of why Pharaoh was being pig-headed about keeping the Israelites as slaves: Yahuwahu was making him stubborn, just so that he could show off his power.

And it continues:

13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.

8:15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Now, so far the plauges haven't been that bad, so it might be understandable why Pharaoh hasn't let the Israelites go yet. Yet there is the "hardened his heart" phrase showing up again and again, a phrasology which Yahuwahu uses explicitly, indicating that he is the culprit.

32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Then Yahuwahu starts with the livestock. This is now getting serious, because livestock represents one of the major assets of the ordinary farmer.

9:7 And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.

Pharaoh's heart was hardened again. Wonder who did that?

11 And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians. 12 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses.

Now we're getting more explicit that it was Yahuwahu who was hardening Pharaoh's heart. That is, Yahuwahu who was manipulating Pharaoh's emotions and thoughts, prodding him to do something he wouldn't normally do under the circumstances.

In short, he is violating Pharaoh's free will.

It becomes even more stark the next chapter, Exodus 10:

1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him: 2 And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the Lord.

So Yahuwahu fully cops to doing this thing to Pharaoh, and repeats why he did it. It's to demonstrate his power. Now, you have to know something about the Pharaoh of Egypt â€" the Pharaoh was considered a living god. Yahuwahu is showing Pharaoh that he has the bigger divine dick.

16 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you. 17 Now therefore forgive, I pray thee, my sin only this once, and intreat the Lord your God, that he may take away from me this death only. 18 And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord. 19 And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt. 20 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.

So here Pharaoh was, pleading for mercy from the plague of locusts. This was a plea that was not caused by Yahuwahu's meddling, but Pharaoh's true heart. He'd clearly had enough by this point. But when Yahuwahu sends the locusts away, what did he do? Hardened Pharaoh's heart again. Fuckssake, Exodus itself was portraying Pharaoh to be at his wits end and was going to let the Israelites go just to get them out of his beeswax-greased hair â€"which was what Yahuwahu and Moses wantedâ€" yet Yahuwahu, the jerk, forced him back into the game that he didn't want to play. What an asshole!

And it continues:

27 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

Exodus 11, the plauge of the firstborn, the divine faggotry continues:

9 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt. 10 And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Again, more divine dick-wagging. Again, Yahuwahu tramples Pharaoh's free will just so that he could show off once more.

12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Read that again, "ALL OF THE FIRSTBORN" in the land of Egypt. Beasts as well as people. (Whatever did the beasts do to the Israelites?) You are fucking insane if you think this would amount to ten people. You are also fucking insane if you think that all (or even most) of these firstborn had anything to do with the slavery of the Israelites. Indeed this is underlined later in the section:

30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

"There was not a house where there was not one dead." This is not ten people. This is hundreds of thousands. The population of Egypt at the time was a cool million. Most of those would never have seen an Israelite slave, let alone own one.

31 And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the Lord, as ye have said. 32 Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone; and bless me also. 33 And the Egyptians were urgent upon the people, that they might send them out of the land in haste; for they said, We be all dead men.

Okay, now we're on the right track. Pharaoh finally is free to tell the Israelites to get the fuck out of Egypt and take their god with them. Like he was ready to do since Exodus 10:16 before Yahuwahu was a dick to him.

Now, how many finaly made it out of Egypt?

Exodus 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children. 38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Hundreds of thousands of people, and their livestock. Remember that. It'll be important later.

Ah, but we're not done with Pharaoh yet. In Exodus 14, he does something really really strange given the previous few sections:

5 And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?

Are ye daft, Pharaoh?!! Did you not remember how their god hardened your heart and made you keep them against your own will just so that Yahuwahu could show how badass he is and how ineffectual you are as a "living god"? What possessed you to do this?

6 And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him: 7 And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them. 8 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.

Oh, of course. You were, in fact, possessed. Possessed by the jerk-ass god Yahuwahu.

To sum up, yes, the God of the Bible is evil to the core. Exodus is a book where Yahuwahu absolutely revels in his ass-kicking power, such that he has to set up Pharaoh and the entirety of Egypt as his punching bag. This is an evil act by any sane standard of morality.

It also blows away any excuse that God doesn't want to violate our free will. He was perfectly willing to do so for the Pharaoh of Egypt, on multiple occasions.

And remember those hundreds of thousands of people with their livestock fleeing Egypt? Didn't happen. See, a group that large would leave signs behind. They would throw away their trash, and their livestock would eat whatever was on the way, leaving a clear archeological signal behind. It is exactly this that we do not find. There was no Exodus.

1. What do you think happens when you are about to go to hell / die? Do you think God is softening your heart? When someones sin is full measure, God stops working on them. God is working on everyone's heart Rev 3:20. He has done this OT and NT. When you die, all hope is gone. Look at Sodom, their sin was full measure and death was inevitable. God hardened is simply Him not softening / working on the heart. Ie God has given up trying to get through to the guy. So God gave him completely over to his desires / hardened his heart. God just didnt give him over to the devil because He wanted to use him.

Now God uses the evil if He must / can. Yes God did use Pharoah to make an example. Every nation the Jews would now approach would NOT doubt that God of the universe was with them. God uses many evil people. He does not make them evil. Big difference.

Now the real confusion comes in when we read Rom 9. God of the universe can do anything and who are we to question Him. Calvinists would hence agree with you. But sadly for them (and you) the rest of the bible tells us what in fact God does decide to do with His power. John 3:16 alone debunks Calvinism and your take. Acts 10:34 says clearly that God is no respecter of persons. If God really did wrong Pharoah, he would be crying blue murder when in hell and rightly so. All the humans and the angels in heaven would raise this with God. God of the universe says in His word that we will not see through a glass darkly in heaven. Meaning we will better grasp all things. Meaning if we currently grasp partiality is evil, how much more then? We will help Pharoah out of hell if he was wronged....that desire for righteousness comes from God...so to assume God would not be the first to help him out of hell is 100% hilarious.

I am truly amazed that you single this out and ignore the many other scriptures that point to God being in favor of impartiality!!!! Mind boggling how someone can profess to know the bible well and yet judge God of the bible so terribly.

2. What archeological evidence you want to find? They were in a desert. Quite hard to dig up fossils in a desert wouldn't you agree?

Sal1981

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 07:08:17 AM
1. This has to be the dumbest question on God I have ever heard. It is like saying you have to understand how God came into existence to know He is there... Seriously?
Moving goalposts.

Is. God. Knowable? Simple yes/no answer, yet you fail even at that.

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 07:08:17 AM2. You....can grasp it. You have free will right now. Contradictory? Lol. What is amazing is that you continue mud slinging God for your own assumptions. ''I can't grasp how God is good and omniscient at the same time...becuase I can't, God is evil''. ''God is evil because there is evil''. Highly intelligent reasoning!  :wall:
What?

Even if I believed in a god, and that's mighty big if, I wouldn't grovel to something that did such a big fuckup of everything.

You plainly see the contradictions yourself, but you, in your double-think state, fail to acknowledge them.

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 07:08:17 AM3. He considers our requests, yes. But you are hradly trying to see the full picture. God is in ultimate control of who goes to hell and who doesn't. When we are in heaven we can judge Him. If He sent anyone to hell that hated what is evil, we have a bone to pick with Him. The evidence points to Him having nothing to hide as He increases our intelligence in heaven per scripture.
(emphasis mine)

And you see nothing wrong with this? Either you're a loki-troll, pretending to believe when you're not, or you can't account for evil acts stemming from the source.

Quote from: KingJ on July 16, 2015, 07:08:17 AM4. I hope you don't honestly believe your arguments against God of the bible hold water.

You seem to have the faulty idea that I think that god exists in order to disprove it. I'm just working with your obtuse and contradictory logic.

KingJ

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 16, 2015, 12:19:27 PM
Moving goalposts.

1. Is. God. Knowable? Simple yes/no answer, yet you fail even at that.
What?

2. Even if I believed in a god, and that's mighty big if, I wouldn't grovel to something that did such a big fuckup of everything.

3. You plainly see the contradictions yourself, but you, in your double-think state, fail to acknowledge them.
(emphasis mine)
And you see nothing wrong with this? Either you're a loki-troll, pretending to believe when you're not, or you can't account for evil acts stemming from the source.

You seem to have the faulty idea that I think that god exists in order to disprove it. I'm just working with your obtuse and contradictory logic.
1. Yes. All of God, no. Our brain is a limiting factor. Hardly rocket science disernment.
2. Really? You and I would not come close to inventing anything that He has created. We can only imagine better because we have God given brains to do so and what does exist to work with...
3. Omniscience  + good is hard to grasp. I ask God daily why my kid is suffering with a head condition. Why my job is crappy. But whatever happens to us < what has already been done for us.

If I took a bullet for you. You would tolerate my crap for the rest of your life would you not? You / we must also try understand that this ''crap'' life lasts for only 70 years. God only has 70 years to determine if you love Him > hating Him. Ie Love what is evil > hating it Rom 12:9.

the_antithesis

[quote author=KingJ link=topic=7729.msg1082718#msg1082718 date=1436860927

But anyways, on Isaiah 45:7. The word evil there is not '''God made you torture your pet'' rather it is ''God brings calamity''.Bullshit bullshit bullshit.
[/quote]

And this is why you should just go away.

You are a slippery little shit and we do not want you here.

Go away.