Atheist VS Christian morality: Good is evil and vice versa

Started by Hydra009, May 14, 2015, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: KingJ on July 13, 2015, 09:33:03 AM
Do you have any proof?
Proof that you are not horrible?  No, not really.  Just an assumption.  Proof you are not stupid?  Just reread your posts.  Any sane person would come to the same conclusion.  But then, you most likely are not sane.  Sorry. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: KingJ on July 13, 2015, 09:33:03 AM
Do you have any proof?

it's obvious like sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

have a look at evolutionary biology.

KingJ

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 13, 2015, 08:55:43 AM
Not a horrible person.  Just so willfully ignorant that you have become totally blind to anything resembling reason or thinking.  In fact, so willfully ignorant that I'd call it stupidity.  But you are a hoot--you give me a chuckle every now and again with your 'logic' and 'reasoning'.  No, not a horrible person--I'm sure you treat your furry children with respect and love--and for that I give you a pat on the head.
Mike, come now. Discarding the bible, Jesus and let alone God with the amount of confidence your insults suggest is a long stretch.

I would like to scratch you more and see what more you have, but I am not going to get my hopes up. So far your arguments have just not held water.

I must believe YOU. Your evidence is always greater then mine? Your historians existed and mine didn't.  :naughty: Do you have anything valid? Perhaps if you followed through on your accusation that God of the bible is evil by debunking my quoting of omitted scripture without mocking the validity of scripture...you might convert me.

I had an open invitation on a prior post. If someone can prove to me from scripture that God is evil I will convert. Of course scripture just has to be used honestly. No ommissions like was done on slavery.

KingJ

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 13, 2015, 09:37:14 AM
it's obvious like sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

have a look at evolutionary biology.

Frankenstein's creature is a real possibility? Yes or No?

Mike Cl

Quote from: KingJ on July 13, 2015, 09:48:12 AM
Mike, come now. Discarding the bible, Jesus and let alone God with the amount of confidence your insults suggest is a long stretch.

I would like to scratch you more and see what more you have, but I am not going to get my hopes up. So far your arguments have just not held water.

I must believe YOU. Your evidence is always greater then mine? Your historians existed and mine didn't.  :naughty: Do you have anything valid? Perhaps if you followed through on your accusation that God of the bible is evil by debunking my quoting of omitted scripture without mocking the validity of scripture...you might convert me.

I had an open invitation on a prior post. If someone can prove to me from scripture that God is evil I will convert. Of course scripture just has to be used honestly. No ommissions like was done on slavery.
Convert you????  I really don't care what you believe.  I just point out the error in your non-thinking.  I cannot change anybody--they have to do that for themselves.  So, don't puff yourself up to think I am trying to convert you.  As I stated before, your hubris is gigantic.  Your prided knows no bounds.  You really are not the center of the universe. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drummer Guy

Quote from: KingJ on July 13, 2015, 07:44:01 AM
We are not alive by natural laws.
What exactly do you mean?  Can you please elaborate on this?

the_antithesis

Quote from: KingJ on July 13, 2015, 09:48:12 AM
If someone can prove to me from scripture that God is evil I will convert.

Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Now go away.

dtq123

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 13, 2015, 07:12:30 PM
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
God could just not be all knowing? He fucked up! Come on, give god a break! :eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Mike Cl

Draconic Aiur

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

So much good stuff ...

Yes, we can create a Frankenstein monster, in fact, according to one school of thought we are indistinguishable from zombies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

The usual way to make a Frankenstein monster is to mate ... not scour the cemetery for body parts ... though some women who are passive in bed ... are a bit too much like a zombie for comfort ;-)  Cold too ;-))

In Lurianic Kabbalah, G-d made the universe by accident, a lab experiment gone bad.  Later Nation of Islam folks picked up on this ... saying that White people were the result of a bad experiment by a Black scientist.  The purpose of humans, according to Lurianic Kabbalah, is to clean up G-d's big mess.

Isaiah 45:7 ... is consistent with the Book of Job, and a big reason why I don't like G-d.  That doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  I don't like cooked "beef liver and onions" ... but it exists anyway.  Organ meats remind me too much of church ;-)

As I have reparteed with Mike CL ... I find that the natural/supernatural division is arbitrary ... and that reality is simply unnatural in the extreme .. in a different sense of that word ... unnatural as zombies.

I don't agree that life started naturally, because I don't believe in beginnings nor in naturalism.  I also don't think it started supernaturally ... again because I don't believe in beginnings nor in supernaturalism.  And Genesis 1:1 to 1:2 is clearly not "ex nihilo" anyway.  It is about an undefined phrase in Hebrew:

×'ראשית ×'רא אל×"ים את ×"שמים ואת ×"ארץ׃
b’reshit bara ‘elohim ‘et ha-shamayim w’-et  ha-‘aretz:
In the beginning, gods created the heavens and the earth
ו×"ארץ ×"ית×" ת×"ו ו×'×"ו וחשך על־פני ת×"ום ורוח אל×"ים מרחפת על־פני ×"מים׃
w’-ha-‘aretz  w’-ha-y’tah tohu wa-bohu  w’-choshek  ‘al p’ne  t’howm  w’ruach ‘elohim m'rachepet ‘al p’ne ha-mayim:
and the earth was “without form and void” and the spirit of gods was on face of the waters

ת×"ו ו×'×"ו
tohu wa-bohu
"without form and void" is actually of unknown meaning ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tohu_wa-bohu ... pick your rabbi as you will
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

KingJ

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 13, 2015, 07:12:30 PM

Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Now go away.

If God's omniscience is your argument I would have quoted Rom 9 like Calvinists do. Rom 9 is much easier to missread and goes into much more detail.

But anyways, on Isaiah 45:7. The word evil there is not '''God made you torture your pet'' rather it is ''God brings calamity''. The word translated 'evil' is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Other translations: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV).

Now God bringing calamity is always a last resort. After warnings and trying all He can to get us to repent and His calamity is never torturous!! He destroys properly!! IE No brazen bulls! Reading Jonah helped toward my conversion. It is very interesting how Jonah wanted the people of Nineveh to be immediately destroyed. God wanted to spare them and give them more time.

Jonah 4:2 That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.

KingJ

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2015, 11:22:20 PM

Isaiah 45:7 ... is consistent with the Book of Job, and a big reason why I don't like G-d.  That doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  I don't like cooked "beef liver and onions" ... but it exists anyway.  Organ meats remind me too much of church ;-)

I don't see how it is. Is Job really a tough pill to swallow?

God of the universe has only 70 years to put us through trials and tribulations. For all eternity God and Job will be closer as a result of what Job was able to endure. God never put him through what he couldn't handle.

Job is in 100% conflict with prosperity and healing theology. That is probably why I like it so much  :azn:. Life can be hell even for the God fearing, but what a close relationship that person will have with God for all eternity if they endure and keep their faith in God through it all.