Black Christians - Why do they exist?

Started by Blackleaf, July 30, 2016, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 01, 2016, 10:49:27 AM
The major branches which exist today were founded in Europe.

Well that would only make sense since must of the white people who are in America came from Europe.

But where did those churches come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGOS

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 12:24:09 PM
First answer my question please.

You have to answer my question first.  It's a rule.  If you can't follow the rules, I'm going to tell the moderators, and you'll be sorry.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: SGOS on September 01, 2016, 12:37:45 PM
You have to answer my question first.  It's a rule.  If you can't follow the rules, I'm going to tell the moderators, and you'll be sorry.

For real lol

I'll answer your question "yes" is my answer. No please answer mine. Haha.

SGOS

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 12:51:31 PM

I'll answer your question "yes"...

What was my question?  You will have to refresh my memory.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: SGOS on September 01, 2016, 01:09:54 PM
What was my question?  You will have to refresh my memory.

I'm doing all the work for you.

Baruch

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 06:40:22 AM

Can you show me proof that Christianity was none existent on the continent of Africa pre white European slavery?

I am a father of two. But I am definitely not a Catholic Father.

Primarily Black slaves were purchased, not caught by White slavers.  They were originally caught as part of tribal warfare between Black tribes, some pagan, some Muslim.  There were Black Christians over in Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan ... but they weren't part of this trade.

As for Christianity being White, the majority of Christians came from the Roman Catholic Church ... founded by equal opportunity slavers, the Romans.  Constantine was from what is now Yugoslavia ... so he was a Balkan White person, like Tito.

Before Christianity became incorporated as a Roman government agency ... they were pacifist, and sought to redeem slaves out of slavery thru purchase and manumission.  Jews did the same, but only for enslaved Jews.  This all changed under Constantine.  The majority of Christians since 400 CE are the products of Roman Catholicism ... if we ignore some minor Eastern and African churches ... and count the Byzantines as Roman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 12:26:27 PMWell that would only make sense since must of the white people who are in America came from Europe.
Brilliant deduction, Sherlock.

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 12:26:27 PMBut where did those churches come from?
God's asshole They originated, in principle, with the teachings of a Middle Eastern preacher named Paul. In practice, the Roman Church and its descendants have little in common with their eastern ancestor.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on September 01, 2016, 01:14:34 PM

I'm doing all the work for you.

No, you are doing none of the work.  It seems you are more interested in ambushing people instead of having a dialogue.  A person with any manners at all would introduce themselves to the board first.  Maybe you should do that. 

Many of the people who helped form the christian religion were from Africa.  I would imagine all of them had dark skin.  How many were black, I don't know; nor care.  So, beyond that, what is your point???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

reasonist

Another one???

Not sure what to think of the pigmentation issue. Since our DNA is 99.99% identical, we are all brothers and sisters. Most likely originating from a 200 or so group of Homo Erectus in the Awash valley in eastern Ethiopia around 450,000 years ago. 'Lucy' was the most famous find. From there we spread out into different climates, hence different skin adaptation. Makes the 'color of skin' question redundant, or the US vs. THEM. 
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on September 09, 2016, 05:26:53 PM
Another one???

Not sure what to think of the pigmentation issue. Since our DNA is 99.99% identical, we are all brothers and sisters. Most likely originating from a 200 or so group of Homo Erectus in the Awash valley in eastern Ethiopia around 450,000 years ago. 'Lucy' was the most famous find. From there we spread out into different climates, hence different skin adaptation. Makes the 'color of skin' question redundant, or the US vs. THEM.

People like to divide into tribes, by physical appearance and language.  Skin color is one of the obvious physical appearance differences.  We need to quickly separate friend from foe ... without having to discussing the meaning of life first.

I once had Bible study materials that had Abraham as a blond haired Aryan.  You would be surprised how many Christians are offended at the notion that Jesus was ME and Jewish.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: reasonist on September 09, 2016, 05:26:53 PM
Another one???

Pigmentation isn't the issue. It's history. Black Americans had Christianity forced upon their ancestors who had no choice in the matter. And now that they have a choice, many of them willingly continue to worship the god of their ancestor's oppressors.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 09, 2016, 06:35:55 PM
Pigmentation isn't the issue. It's history. Black Americans had Christianity forced upon their ancestors who had no choice in the matter. And now that they have a choice, many of them willingly continue to worship the god of their ancestor's oppressors.

Only if you agree that the US worshipped Constantine, not Jesus.  Jesus never trafficked in slaves, nor did he have naïve visions of people being equal or not having to work for a living.  He was a hippie.  He said sell all you have and drop out of The System.

All of my ancestors, not just the Jewish ones, were oppressed by someone.  So on that basis I should seek revenge on all of you, because all of you are descendants of one or more of those oppressors.  Hatfields vs McCoys.

Before they came to the New World, African slaves were oppressed by fellow Africans, of pagan and Muslim faith.  If you want them to separate themselves from that legacy as well, then they have to stop being African-Americans ... as well as stop being White Americans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

reasonist

I think that's called 'social conditioning'. I can't remember who said: 'Give me a boy to the age of ten and I give you a man'. That's why religious indoctrination is child abuse.
I was referring to the fact that skin color was a deciding criteria throughout history as to who was the slave and who was the owner. Not too many white slaves were being owned by black people.
Baruch pointed out the tribal/language bond for survival. We should now hope that with the advances in science, in particular genetics and the study of DNA, we have all the answers to make tribal warfare and racism a thing of the past.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

JBCuzISaidSo

Oh, Man. You folks need to read my 3rd great grampa's writings on Christianity and the Native peoples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Eastman

Let's have some slave talk....
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

SGOS

It rather lends credibility to the theory that the biggest determinant of one's religion is his environment, not reason, or practicality.  I doubt that slave owners permitted their slaves to worship their native Animistic spirits.  It would be an open invitation for Satan to prowl your plantation.