News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Murder Gene

Started by antediluvian, February 16, 2013, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antediluvian

Do some people have a genetic propensity to violence?
I know research shows that children and grandchildren of alcoholics are predisposed to alcoholism.
So, how about a murder gene?
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

AllPurposeAtheist

Perhaps the violence gene.. certain types seem more apt to violence than others..some people seem to stand out like a sore thumb as violent as if it oozes from their pours..
Look at my eyes.. spooky, huh? :D By the way, the lights are from The Mother Ship[sup:2ndtwx7s]TM[/sup:2ndtwx7s]
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

I think they are doing research on it. I don't have it, because there are people walking around live who deserve to be corpses.

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Perhaps the violence gene.. certain types seem more apt to violence than others..some people seem to stand out like a sore thumb as violent as if it oozes from their pours..
Look at my eyes.. spooky, huh? :D

Sorry to bust your "fear" bubble, but you look about as dangerous as Justin Bieber.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Perhaps the violence gene.. certain types seem more apt to violence than others..some people seem to stand out like a sore thumb as violent as if it oozes from their pours..
Look at my eyes.. spooky, huh? :D

Sorry to bust your "fear" bubble, but you look about as dangerous as Justin Bieber.
***Laughs and sneers as 'Justin' pummels stromboli mercilessly.. As dangerous indeed! :twisted:

Weltfrieden

I don't think it is genetic, I think it has all to do with how a person is raised as a child. If a child is raised in a violent environment then they are more likely to become violent adults if they aren't removed from that environment soon enough.

stromboli

Well, the crime rate is actually falling. I have posted articles on here in the past that cited first abortion of unwanted babies as the cause, and also the removal of Tetraethyl Lead and Lead paint as the cause. So I'm inclined to agree that there are external causes, certainly. And I also agree that environmental, birth and rearing issues are likely more of a factor than genes.

antediluvian

Look at my eyes.. spooky, huh? :D By the way, the lights are from The Mother Ship[sup:1ngul13l]TM[/sup:1ngul13l]

APA, That is one of your better photos.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

AllPurposeAtheist

It brings out my violent murderous side, huh? I'm warning you stromboli! anteduvulian recognizes a stone cold murderer.. I killed some ants just today in the kitchen!
Violence does indeed tend to run in families, but the cycle can be broken..

stromboli

Truthfully, you really can't tell by physical appearance. Ted Bundy looked about as innocuous as any good BYU student should, and was a violent monster. Scary. Too bad they don't grow horns, or something.

Weltfrieden

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Violence does indeed tend to run in families, but the cycle can be broken..
They're just following the example they're given unfortunately. I do love hearing stories of people breaking out of it.

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "antediluvian"Do some people have a genetic propensity to violence?

Yes, the entire human race has a genetic propensity towards violence. There is something wrong with those people who don't have a genetic propensity towards violence.

aitm

Quote from: "antediluvian"Do some people have a genetic propensity to violence?
I know research shows that children and grandchildren of alcoholics are predisposed to alcoholism.
So, how about a murder gene?

why not? I mean some people are just plain lazy, some just plain stupid, some just plain.....er..plain. Gay, redhead, lefthanded, egg allergy, peanut allergy, pyro, schizos...why not psycho?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "stromboli"Truthfully, you really can't tell by physical appearance. Ted Bundy looked about as innocuous as any good BYU student should, and was a violent monster. Scary. Too bad they don't grow horns, or something.
Maybe I've been hanging out in the wrong places, but I must have a sixth sense for these violent fucks. They DO grow horns, but it's a horn in the way they carry themselves and look at people.
In the shelters there are guys who have spent hard time in penitentiaries for murder and manslaughter and they tend to have vacant stares as if they look right through people..

antediluvian

Thought I read somewhere about a study of infants born in families with generations of violence and adopted by mild mannered couples.   When these adoptive babies became children and adolescents they were more inclined toward rough and aggressive behavior than infants adopted from non-violent families.