News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mob Rule

Started by gentle_dissident, June 01, 2016, 12:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

This brings fascism close to home for me.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/01/neo-nazis-wearing-sausage-necklaces-lob-meat-at-vegans-in-cafe-brawl/

Quote“I do not like that Kiwi place,” the owner of a local Tbilisi business told a Vice reporter. “They put things in their hair, their skin …”

Quotethe neighbors became involved. To the dismay of the cafe’s staff and patrons, many of the neighbors sided with the alleged extremists.

QuoteThe police blamed the cafe’s staff, according to the Facebook post, saying the vegans were “guilty of what had happened.

Hydra009

Quote“Meat’s not green” and “Animal testing breaks hearts” â€" dot the windows between its lime-colored facade.
Eh, probably not the best idea (lime is pretty hit or miss), but obviously, they didn't deserve thugs to crash the establishment and assault staff/patrons.

Baruch

First the came for the Vegans, but I did nothing ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 01, 2016, 12:49:55 PM
Eh, probably not the best idea (lime is pretty hit or miss), but obviously, they didn't deserve thugs to crash the establishment and assault staff/patrons.

stromboli

Years ago some local activist vegans went around to grocery stores and opened packages of meat and put paint on them. Stupid. Can't we just all get along?  :biggrin:

marom1963

I'm not much for meat myself, don't really care for it, would rather have lentils than steak ... That said, I don't really care for the pierced bistro crowd, either. They make me sick. There's just something "yuck" about them ... I'm pretty much a shut in these days, anyway - I'm not going anywhere my pipe is not welcome. I can do w/o the cigars for awhile, but not the pipe ... Non-smoking bastards think that they'll live forever - well, they won't! And I'll giggle at plenty of their funerals before I'm done and gone!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

gentle_dissident

Quote from: stromboli on June 01, 2016, 02:31:39 PM
Years ago some local activist vegans went around to grocery stores and opened packages of meat and put paint on them. Stupid. Can't we just all get along?  :biggrin:
I hope they didn't attack people.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: marom1963 on June 01, 2016, 02:39:24 PM
Non-smoking bastards think that they'll live forever - well, they won't! And I'll giggle at plenty of their funerals before I'm done and gone!
I just don't want to be around the smoke. It detracts from my pleasure like a trunk kicker.