Interview with "Heaven is For Real" kid is comedy gold.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 18, 2014, 12:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on April 20, 2014, 08:47:05 AM
You guys do realize this is the same kid that was murdered by the anti-semitic nut job last week?
The paradox is the masses ought to be rejoicing because he's on Jesus's lap now.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on April 20, 2014, 08:47:05 AM
You guys do realize this is the same kid that was murdered by the anti-semitic nut job last week?
He was?  Cause I'm not matching any names.  Link?

aitm

well, by golly, thats weird. I was 100% positive the article I read gave that kids name. How odd. I guess I have to do a "takesy bakesy"  that what i call when I am too stubborn to apologize.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

leo

Wait a minute. The kid was a Jew? I thought he was a Christian.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stephaniesays

He is the same age (roughly) as the teenager who was shot by the white Supremacist in Kansas. However, the kid who was shot was named Reat Underwood, and he and his grandfather were both killed. They were not Jewish, but Methodist. Ironically, none of the three killed were Jewish. The other one was a mom to three, an Occupational therapist to blind kids, and she was Catholic.
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.

Elect

I like the concept of Heaven being similar to Earth except that the stuff is better. It appeals to the materialist aspect of my eternal soul. It's also lazy and unimaginative. Instead of gaining insight to the mysteries of existence wouldn't you rather be given a bunch a cool stuff? The main problem is that God and Heaven are supposed to be perfect so wouldn't all the stuff be perfect with no way of making it better making it useless and shitty? Nothing new can happen, what's the point everything has been perfected. How do you even move in this state? Where would you even go? Some place better? It doesn't exist. Crossing a materialist afterlife with perfection is the worst idea ever.

PickelledEggs

Does anyone else realize that this kid's story, whether he believes it or not, is also an extra argument for that god is in fact NOT all knowing and makes mistakes? If he went to heaven and got sent back, that implies that god made a mistake in letting him die too soon.

Obviously this entire story is a load of shit, but even if we pretend he actually did have a near death experience that made him visit heaven and got sent back, god's all knowingness is on the line.

Elect

What kind of amatuer would describe god as a person with size and shape. I would have gone with the omnipresence/omnipotent angle, then I would have talked about how many square circles were popping off. If you're going to claim to be a prophet then you gotta go all in, Did Moses forget the ten commandments? did Noah forget to build a boat? This has to be the most incompetent prophet ever. 

Mister Agenda

Poor kid told his parents what they wanted to hear and now he's stuck with perpetuating the lie now that they've cashed in on his story. Sucks to live a lie, especially in a context where you'd be letting down thousands of people if you come clean, not to mention tossing away lucrative opportunities.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

ApostateLois

I have no doubt that the kid did experience something while he was unconscious. I just think it's terrible that his parents are exploiting him for all they can get, instead of keeping this as a personal and private experience that helped him get through a scary event.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Arellius

Everything about this is so wrong. Look at the kid, really... Does this look like someone who's had a miraculous spiritual experience ?
Interviewer: ''So you've been to heaven.'' And the kid just shrugs it off like it was nothing.

Like the guy from the KONY video some years back, like Ted Haggard, at some point this kid is going to come crashing down like a house of cards. Wouldn't surprise me if sometime in the near future he came out with the truth. It got all out of hand, he told one thing that led to another, like multiplying organisms: 2...4...8...16...32...
Napoleon Hill - Think & Grow Rich