News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Muslim to atheist

Started by bada94, June 30, 2013, 03:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bada94

Hello everyone,

I have been raised in a muslim family and was a very strong believing muslim. At about
14 or 15 i basically started questioning everything, and i couldn't find any logical
way to come to the conclusion that god exists, let alone that the doctrines of any
religion are true.

When i was 17/18 i was already a strong atheist, the opposite of what i once was. I
also found (and still find) myself debating good and not so good friends of mine who are
muslim, some  of who are atheist now.

Well i think that was enough for an introduction, nice to meet you all !

And yeah, bacon is great.  :rollin:
One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

aitm

welcome, I hope you are in a safe country or at least BE safe. Welcome again, hope to get your perspective when Muslim twits wonder in with babble from the quran.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard bada94! Allahu Akbar!  :shock:   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

bada94

Thanks everyone. :wink:

Yeah i live in holland, and i'm thankful for that. I can't imagine living as an atheist in muslim countries, and i feel bad for the people who do. You know, the most problematic religion in the world has got to be islam, because of the hate and aggresiveness it puts into people.
One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

_Xenu_

Quote from: "bada94"You know, the most problematic religion in the world has got to be islam, because of the hate and aggresiveness it puts into people.
Ding ding ding!
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

Sal1981

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

StupidWiz

I really do want to taste bacon someday...  :-k

Hello and welcome fellow exMuslim :)
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

_Xenu_

Quote from: "StupidWiz"I really do want to taste bacon someday...  :-k

Hello and welcome fellow exMuslim :)
You still haven't had bacon? Is it illegal where you live? Bacon is the best tasting meat in existence.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GurrenLagann

Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

stromboli

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Brian37

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37