News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

There is no God PERIOD

Started by Ro3bert, February 01, 2017, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:59:39 PM
Typical reaction from a person in denial.

You bore me. Go back to failing your philosophy class.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Blackleaf,
Go back to your backsliding.  Your time is limited and you still have a long way to go!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 01:10:18 PM
Blackleaf,
Go back to your backsliding.  Your time is limited and you still have a long way to go!

--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Blackleaf,
You're not a baby Christian anymore, so you have no excuse for acting childish.  Actually, you have no excuse for anything anymore!

Godis

I was expecting some logical thinkers on this site, but all I've seen this far is God-haters.  Hope that changes.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 01:19:06 PM
Blackleaf,
You're not a baby Christian anymore, so you have no excuse for acting childish.  Actually, you have no excuse for anything anymore!

When you start saying intelligent things, I'll respond in kind. But I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not wasting my brain cells on someone with the intellectual capacity of a goldfish with Alzheimer's.
--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Blackleaf,
I'm willing to bet you think the same exact thing about God.  The most interesting thing, however, is that God lets you do it!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:26:02 PM
And trying to compel others to believe something contrary to what God may have instilled in them to believe (which is a very private experience!) is a losing battle!

Wow. And I thought I was a defeatist.  :D
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:26:02 PMIf something is "truly" false, then any human would know it to be self-evident through their own experiences.
Yeah, right. Self-delusion rules in the religious world.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Godis

Nematode,
You thought, therefore you are!

Godis

Gawdzilla,
Try making that into a tautology so it has thoughtful meaning or insight, such as: If someone is right, then they may be delusional, but if someone is wrong, then they are not delusional.   Nope, not good logic at all.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 01:54:47 PM
Nematode,
You thought, therefore you are!

Thinking is easy and cheap.
I prefer: I do, therefore I am ;)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Godis

Mr. Obvious,
You got it!  God has it designed to make us toil (doing "things") in the context of our own free-will so we can know whether we are accomplishing whatever God intends us to accomplish.  Otherwise, our choice to love God or to hate God would be meaningless because we would have no actions to be judged on, if in fact, we will be eventually judged.    Good insight.

Blackleaf

I love it when idiotic, brainwashed Christians incapable of logical thinking come here and treat us like we're the idiotic, brainwashed people who can't think for ourselves. It's like arguing with children.
--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Believing in God is difficult, but wanting to believe in God makes it easier, while not wanting to believe in God makes it impossible.  Simple, huh?