World Will End July 29th. You Have been Warned.

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on November 01, 2016, 07:51:44 PM
Women have greater complexity, but also more frequent breakdowns ;-(

The more intricate the software, the more likely it is to crash. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 02, 2016, 12:19:41 AM
The more intricate the software, the more likely it is to crash. lol

I should know.  My ex is Italian-American.  Spaghetti code ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: doorknob on October 31, 2016, 05:10:28 PM
I've never understood why men want stupid women. Is it to make your self feel better that or you are so ugly you have to trick the girl into having sex with you?

But that seems illogical to me because looking at it scientifically wouldn't you want any possible children to be intelligent and good looking? I don't understand why ugly and stupid people keep reproducing. In theory they should die out.

I'm reasonably smart, kind, thoughtful, a decent cook, and helpful.  Handy with house maintenance.  But 20 minutes of sex once a week isn't worth sufferring another person in my life who argues about what to watch on TV, what to eat for dinner, sharing the bathroom, vacuuming the house every other day and replacing all the perfectly good furniture every couple years just isn't worth it.  And I don't give a damn about my genes traveling into the future.  6 Billion of us are more than enough for human diversity.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

The stupid keep reproducing cause they cant get a job and are stuck at home with nothing better to do.

The real date to watch is Sept 23, 2017. That is the day when the astrology charts match up with revelation. A woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet. A crown of 10 stars on her head.... It has to happen cause I saw it on youtube and they are never wrong on youtube. The bummer is that the guy didn't say anything bad was gonna happen. He's just an astrologer making an observation.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's part of the problem..Very few people will ever admit to being stupid even though everything they do points out that they are in fact stupid. Even the stupidest people want to believe they're smarter than everyone else. Ask yourself when was the last time the stupidest person you know came right out and admitted to being dumb as a brick?
Intelligence is not what we think it is. Sure, perhaps you have the ability to hack into the most sophisticated computer systems on the planet and spill all the government secrets to the public and kick off WWIII and kill us all. Sure, ok. You're a genius able to do something few others will ever be able to do, but you've just ended life on our planet forever. Congratulations on being smart, but now undo all of it and put the power in the hands of people who will only do good things for the rest of humanity..
It just doesn't work the way we think it works.
I'm smart enough to build a nice baby cradle out of a pile of 2x4s..but that and $2.75 might get me a cup of shitty coffee at Dennys.. It's all relative. Smart only counts when it matters. A lot of smart people got Donald Trump elected.. That's worked out wonderfully..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

fencerider

sure let's have another conversation about Trump in about 50 years from now;after the damages have been totaled. be nice if he realizes he can't handle the job and resigns early in the game, but I think he's gonna bungle his way to the end.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Blackleaf

Quote from: fencerider on December 11, 2016, 04:25:25 PM
sure let's have another conversation about Trump in about 50 years from now;after the damages have been totaled. be nice if he realizes he can't handle the job and resigns early in the game, but I think he's gonna bungle his way to the end.

Honestly, Trump's VP may be more dangerous than Trump himself. Best case scenario, we kick both of them out in four years.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on December 11, 2016, 04:25:25 PM

Too bad Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barak Obama all three, didn't quit after one term.  It is clear that none of them could handle it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
Honestly, Trump's VP may be more dangerous than Trump himself. Best case scenario, we kick both of them out in four years.
I hate to think what might be the worst case scenario, but Chumps intentions can be much more easily seen by his actions than by whatever crap he spouted during the campaign: a fox for every henhouse.

I don't think we'll be able to kick them out in four years - I think they're here to stay. America is the victim of a bloodless coup, and the stupid voters don't even know it.

R.I.P., America...

I think that in 50 years or so the stars and bars will be as hated a symbol as the swastika now is.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PorkPie

Don't believe them.

Baruch

Quote from: PorkPie on December 15, 2016, 09:38:55 AM
Trump sneaks into another thread I see.

Yes, in the religion section.  For some people Trump is a god, for others Hillary is a goddess.  This is ironic among atheists ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, I guess the religion section should be a Chump-free zone, considering how few evangelical Christians supported the guy...

White evangelicals voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump, exit polls show
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Ro3bert

Quote from: doorknob on October 31, 2016, 05:10:28 PM
I've never understood why men want stupid women. Is it to make your self feel better that or you are so ugly you have to trick the girl into having sex with you?

But that seems illogical to me because looking at it scientifically wouldn't you want any possible children to be intelligent and good looking? I don't understand why ugly and stupid people keep reproducing. In theory they should die out.

Somewhat off the subject but I think your avatar is the most interesting of all, it's absolutely the most beautiful.  :yourock:

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
Actually, best case scenario is taking the House and Senate away from the GOP in 2018 to put the brakes on the clown car of Asshole and the Bigot.  Although I wouldn't be too surprised if Asshole resigns before then, not because he was forced out but because it wasn't as much fun as he thought it was going to be.

I will never understand why his candidacy wasn't over the day he mocked a disabled reporter.  Any other candidate -- even another Republican -- would have been hounded out of the race within two days.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan