What is going on in Germany?

Started by pr126, August 22, 2016, 02:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Further articles say to be prepared for Islamic terror attack.

German politicians created this, now the people are being told to prepare for the worst.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

This kind of precaution is not just for stabbing or shooting.
Sounds like some kind of WMD - chemical or a dirty bomb? Hope not.

European holidays? Avoid.

Hitler dreamt of a thousand year Reich. Muslims dream of a thousand year Caliphate.

Caliphate

Apparently free Download from Amazon. Also DRM free.

Sal1981

The Reuters article is very unspecific other than asking civilians to stockpile water for 5 days.

PopeyesPappy

FEMA and other government agencies have been telling Americans to stockpile food, water and emergency cash for decades. 3 days worth at a minimum, but they recommend enough for 2 weeks. It doesn't have to be for a terrorists attack. Natural disaster, power grid failure, lots of other stuff could isolate you for days or weeks before big brother could get their shit together to help. 

It's easy and cheap enough to put up two weeks of food. I've got 2 5 gallon buckets in the closet under the stairs. Each one has 20 lbs. of rice, 10 lbs. of black beans, 10 lbs. of pinto beans, 4 packages of Bear Creek soup mix, a pound of coffee, a can of Gatorade, a salt and pepper shaker, and a bottle of onion flakes. That's about 2400 calories a day for 7 days for 2 people per bucket. Altogether it probably cost about $50 and will last for years.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

I was going to say, isn't this about the time of year Germany floods?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 22, 2016, 09:17:55 AM
FEMA and other government agencies have been telling Americans to stockpile food, water and emergency cash for decades. 3 days worth at a minimum, but they recommend enough for 2 weeks. It doesn't have to be for a terrorists attack. Natural disaster, power grid failure, lots of other stuff could isolate you for days or weeks before big brother could get their shit together to help. 

It's easy and cheap enough to put up two weeks of food. I've got 2 5 gallon buckets in the closet under the stairs. Each one has 20 lbs. of rice, 10 lbs. of black beans, 10 lbs. of pinto beans, 4 packages of Bear Creek soup mix, a pound of coffee, a can of Gatorade, a salt and pepper shaker, and a bottle of onion flakes. That's about 2400 calories a day for 7 days for 2 people per bucket. Altogether it probably cost about $50 and will last for years.

Damn Pappy, you a Mormon.  :biggrin:

Simple preparedness is not a stupid idea. the main thing is store essentials but store what you would normally use, and rotate your stores, making sure oldest gets used first, etc.

Water and knowing your water supply is also important. You'll die of thirst before you die of hunger. Your water heater contains 30+ gallons of water, for instance. You can last a few days from that alone. I have a couple of different water purifying methods I keep on hand and use for camping, because a lot of the time I am away from clean water sources. Nothing wrong with being prepared- there are a lot of potential Flint Michigan scenarios waiting to happen.

SGOS

I've got enough potato chips and other comfort foods on hand to make it through the Rapture, which I'm looking forward to.  I'm going to sit on my porch with a shotgun near by, just in case anyone tries any funny business.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 22, 2016, 12:31:02 PM
I've got enough potato chips and other comfort foods on hand to make it through the Rapture, which I'm looking forward to.  I'm going to sit on my porch with a shotgun near by, just in case anyone tries any funny business.
Just remember, in case of Rapture all the good Christians will be bodily translated up to Heaven. You may be able to see both of them in the air if you're near their location. Meanwhile, the fundies will still be here.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on August 22, 2016, 09:34:16 AM
Damn Pappy, you a Mormon.  :biggrin:

Simple preparedness is not a stupid idea. the main thing is store essentials but store what you would normally use, and rotate your stores, making sure oldest gets used first, etc.

Water and knowing your water supply is also important. You'll die of thirst before you die of hunger. Your water heater contains 30+ gallons of water, for instance. You can last a few days from that alone. I have a couple of different water purifying methods I keep on hand and use for camping, because a lot of the time I am away from clean water sources. Nothing wrong with being prepared- there are a lot of potential Flint Michigan scenarios waiting to happen.

I've got a couple of different back packing type water filters. Even got some spare parts for my MSR Mini Works. It's right at a mile from our place to Byrd Springs which would be a good place to get water if I had too. According to the state archaeologist there were native Americans living at Byrd Springs from about 12500 BC to 1500 AD so the spring there hopefully won't be going anywhere any time soon.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Or nuclear or bioweapon release from Ukraine?  Putin can fry a lot more Europeans than ISIS can.

Saw an article on bioweapons today.  They tried to spin it as nanotechnology for the masses.  Grey goo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.