News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi Guys!

Started by curiouskc, June 21, 2013, 11:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiouskc

Hello Everybody!
After getting into several heated debates with friends and acquaintances, I need a place to openly and fairly discuss Christianity and religion in general. I don't want to say I'm a full blown Atheist, but I'm definitely not necessarily "religious" either.
Looking forward to hearing opinions, and opening my mind a little more!
See you on the boards :)

SGOS

I hope you enjoy it here.   I wet my toes an atheist forum years ago.  Like you I wasn't religious but didn't consider myself a full blown atheist.  I just doubted the benefits of religion, but I had ended up in Alcoholics Anonymous for circumstances that are no longer relevant to this discussion, other than to say I was getting a daily dose of how God was supposed to be working in the lives of recovering alcoholics and saving them from a cunning and baffling disease.  Well, the more I heard, the more it sounded like utter nonsense, but these people insisted a higher power was absolutely necessary to break the evil spell.  

I started talking to atheists mostly just to keep my brains from falling out.  I needed to talk to people who at least weren't so wrapped up in religion and I needed an environment with a different perspective.  I'm now a full blown atheist.  I'm certain this is a good place, because here I am 15 years later, and my brains haven't fallen out, so I think this is probably the right place for me.  Hope it's good for you.

Elohim

Welcome! When I first realize I was an atheist I found my way here and learned lot. Also it was refreshing to hear people articulate things that I had been quietly thinking for many years. I hope you stick around a while and contribute. Everyone's voice adds to quality of the site.
"Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
- PopeyesPappy

Farroc

Hya. Have a standard greeting! On the house!

Welcome.DON'T PANIC!

My name is... [blink:croewff1]CLOWN BABY![/blink:croewff1]

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you on the forum. That is, as long as you're not one of those people who make an intro and like 2 or 3 posts and then are never heard from again. Those people are turibble.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

the_antithesis

Guys? No guys here. We're all sexy broads.

Solitary

Now I know why I feel overwhelmed by female energy.  :shock:  :-D  Welcome aboard curiouskc! Are we having doubts? It may seem strange to you but atheist don't spend all their time refuting religion, because if religious people were rational they wouldn't be religious in the first place, so it's a waste of time and frustrating really to debate religion for me anyway. But if you ask questions we will be more than willing to answer them on any subject. At least I will the best I can.  8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Welcome.  Hope you like it here.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

aitm

welcome to the forum
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust