News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Left Behind The Movie

Started by SGOS, September 19, 2014, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://www.christianpost.com/news/left-behind-fans-question-nicolas-cages-faith-wonder-about-actual-rapture-before-films-release-111780/

More silly baloney from Christian movie goers.

Quote'Left Behind' Fans Question Nicolas Cage's Faith, Wonder About Actual Rapture Before Film's Release
One guy interviewed wondered if he would get raptured before the movie was released and not be able to see the movie at all.

QuoteAnother issue among Left Behind's fans was whether the film would be "theologically sound" and reflect "biblical truth."
Here we go with he same kind of shit they started with the Noah film.  WTF is theologically sound, anyway?

Hydra009

Poor Nicholas Cage.  He's like a boy who made a deal with the devil with the wish, "I want to star in movies for the rest of my life."  And the devil gave him exactly what he asked for.

SGOS

I've always wondered about him as an actor, he got his start playing quirky often buffoonish roles (think Peggy Sue Got Married and the Vampire's Kiss).  Gradually, he started playing heroic leading roles.  For the most part, his recent movies have been major disappointments.  He's going back to his roots or something.  National Treasure and Next were like the end of a serious career.  Now, I hear he's in debt up to his ass, and selling his mansion.  I will see this movie, and I'm hoping it presents itself as a fantasy, not as a serious admonishment to sinners to get ready for judgment day.  Although, the Left Behind franchise has been pure schmaltz so far.  So my hopes will probably be dashed.

As a side issue, as a matter of biblical accuracy, I can't remember the Bible talking much about the rapture, other than non specifics.  I can't remember it going farther than just saying people will be carried up to Heaven, which I always took as a metaphor, not as "Whoosh!  Zoom!  There he goes! Well, will you look at that??"  Maybe a defragmenting body, like someone being beamed up to the Enterprise, but not people suddenly zooming up into the air.

Munch

People are questioning Nicolas Cages faith, a guy who pulls faces like this?

If there is a heaven or hell, its a fucking scary place with him in either.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

dragonman73

Nick Cage was in the movie "Knowing" that came out a few years ago, honestly that movie tricked me and I'm still mad about that.  I think his acting roles are picked out less about faith and more about a paycheck. He's in just as many movies a year as Samuel L. Jackson.

In the end, these are just movies, people takes these things literally lol

stromboli

I figured out the rapture was BS when I was a Christian. Same reason I am now an atheist, I research stuff. Xtian writer Hal Lindsey wrote a book about it that basically said you had to "read between the lines" of the Bible to support it. Popular literature trumps reasearch, apparently.

AllPurposeAtheist

Cage bores me.. Only one movie I've ever seen him in I liked was Raising Arizona.. Other than that...crap..  As for rapture.. i kind of wish it actually happened and we could go on about life without these fuckers everywhere, but since it's fiction i don't worry about it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

I don't know how that guy had a career at all. Never liked him as an actor.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on September 19, 2014, 03:37:06 PM
I figured out the rapture was BS when I was a Christian. Same reason I am now an atheist, I research stuff. Xtian writer Hal Lindsey wrote a book about it that basically said you had to "read between the lines" of the Bible to support it. Popular literature trumps reasearch, apparently.

Research!!?? You are a sinner! You ate the forbidden fruit of knowledge, a crime that all true christians must atone for! Now stick crayons up your nose until you are with the Lawd again!!

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2014, 05:52:16 PM
Research!!?? You are a sinner! You ate the forbidden fruit of knowledge, a crime that all true christians must atone for!
I've got to say, I've puzzled over that part of Christian mythology for many years.  Being so severely punished by God to the point that your children's children are severely punished FOREVER... for what?  Seeking knowledge?  (I presume you are suppose to obtain knowledge by eating from the tree of knowledge, but then again, the Bible is so logically unintelligible that maybe it means some other mysterious thing).  What kind of loving father would want you not to seek knowledge?  It makes no sense at all to me.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on September 19, 2014, 06:29:31 PM
I've got to say, I've puzzled over that part of Christian mythology for many years.  Being so severely punished by God to the point that your children's children are severely punished FOREVER... for what?  Seeking knowledge?  (I presume you are suppose to obtain knowledge by eating from the tree of knowledge, but then again, the Bible is so logically unintelligible that maybe it means some other mysterious thing).  What kind of loving father would want you not to seek knowledge?  It makes no sense at all to me.

Its beautiful really, knowledge is the ultimate pursuit for the truth, to open your mind to broader and newer ideas, so knowledge is of course the thing 'god' would fear the most, for those to discover the man behind the curtain.

When you look at the story of adam and eve in another light, its striking how dark it really is, god keeping is two creations in a bubble, telling them they can live a perfect life, but never to seek knowledge, for it might have them ask questions about gods plan, or reasons, his very existence. And when they started to gain knowledge, it went again gods plan, so he banished his creations, simply for approaching the possibility of asking the question.

That to me is the ultimate difference between religion and everyone outside of it, the christian does not ask because he is told what he has to think, while the non-theist asks the question, and seeks the answers, and never closes himself to seeking.

aitm

A person who gets paid a lot of money to fake his emotions should be understood to be exactly that, it really is silly to play more into it than that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on September 19, 2014, 07:03:04 PM
A person who gets paid a lot of money to fake his emotions should be understood to be exactly that, it really is silly to play more into it than that.

I'm never sure what emotions Nicolas Cage is trying to portray half the time, but its fucking scary to look at.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

When you look at the story of adam and eve in another light, its striking how dark it really is, 
Yes, it is dark.  But you learn it as a little kid.  It's familiar.  Two children in a garden do something naughty, and their parent gets upset, so naturally they are punished.  They are the one's at fault.  At that age, you are too young to understand that perhaps the parent is a fault.  Everything is familiar, so it makes sense.

In reality, the parent here is abusive, abusive to the max, wielding an incredibly out of proportion punishment for something that should be encouraged, rather than forbidden.  The story is not about naughty children.  It's about a God that has no ethics, love, or compassion, and sadistically  punishes the entire world for thousands of years over an innocuous incident.