One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 26, 2016, 01:54:57 PM

popsthebuilder,

Is there a reason that you're not addressing my refutation to you in showing that you're an ignorant pseudo-christian relative to your bible? Are you embarrassed like Randy Carson, therefore, being silent upon your ignorance is better than trying in vain to address it?  You're a dime-a-dozen pseudo-christian that knows deep down that when you cannot defend your faith, it proves that you're embarrassed about it!

Randy Carson and you are two peas in a pod! LOL

Just in case you want to try, the post you're RUNNING AWAY from is Reply #338 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:56 PM, in this thread.

Interesting. I will review aforementioned post and reply.

Know that I haven't intentionally avoided anything.

I am on a phone using an app. I often miss posts.

My apologies.

Peace

Un momento me amigo

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 25, 2016, 08:23:56 PM

popsthebuilder,

YOUR IGNORANT QUOTE: "Please quote where Christ stated that the ot is infallible."

JESUS H. CHRIST, I thought there was no one as IGNORANT as your equally dumbfounded Randy Carson, but you prove without a doubt that you equal or surpass him! LOL

JESUS SAID: "For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." (Matthew 5:18)

Has heaven and earth passed away yet? NO IT HAS NOT!  Let me make this even simpler for you; With these words in Matthew 5:18 above, Jesus likened the continuance of the Mosaic Laws to the permanence of heaven and earth, which in turn, says the Old Testament is infallible!.  This biblical axiom also discards your fallacious notion that there're only two commands! Furthermore, save yourself even further embarrassment and DO NOT posit that "all is accomplished" is regarding Jesus' death, it is not!  It refers to your mythical Jesus on his Second Coming, get it? If you want to discuss this biblical FACT, then chain up and hang on!

"The words of the LORD are flawless" (Psalms 12:6)

"Your word, O LORD, is eternal, it stands firm" (Psalms 119:89)

"Every word of God is flawless" (Proverbs 30:5-6)

THINK, INFALLIBILITY IS NOT REGARDED AS QUALITIES OF YOUR BRONZE AND IRON AGE GOD, GET IT?

The next time you try in vain to defend your primitive bible, at least know a modicum of its content, okay?

The pseudo-christian like you is guilty of your own biblical doctrine, to wit: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:3)

UPDATE: popsthebuilder refuses to address this post, for obvious reasons, just like Randy Carson RUNS AWAY from biblical axioms that they didn't even know were in their primitive bibles.  These two are spoon fed their doctrine through apologetics and the church on Sunday mornings, therefore they are both easy prey to biblical FACTS. 

ATHEIST: 100
CHRISTIAN: 0

Okay... So you are saying the law is ineffable?

incapable of being expressed or described in words; inexpressible:ineffable joy. 2. not to be spoken because of its sacredness; unutterable: the ineffable name of the deity.

I don't disagree. It isn't the law that changed but how we are aware of it.

I said the entirety of the law is accomplished if one adheres to the teachings of the Christ.

You put a lot of useless words into your post.

Was that it?

You say the law is ineffable. That's it.

I surely thought you had some challenge or question that would take some level of thought or consideration to answer.

I will look over your post again. Surely I missed some staggering point.

By the way; that was 339.

One more thing;

I never said I was a Christian. I strive to be faithful to the One Creator GOD. I do not hold Faith in any schism or denominational or religious division.
Peace

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 10:08:53 AM
We are all agnostics, including you, and we are all atheists, including you.

Agnostic, because none of us KNOWS if there is some sky daddy who runs the show. We are open enough to say we don't know. The evidence is overwhelmingly against such a proposition, but there is a possibility. You on the other hand pretend to KNOW, which of course is a fallacy. Nobody knows.

Atheists, because we have shown that you discard hundreds of monotheistic gods, like us. We are still waiting for a criteria on how you can ignore all these deities. We would like to use your method for the last sun god also.

And then you forgot the last group, which I count myself in. The Anti-theist. That entails the belief that your proposed deity is such a despicable monster in both books (plus the Koran) that even if such a deity would exist, we would be disgusted enough to reject it/him/her as amoral and toxic.

Truth in Faithless Unity for Good

I have mentioned anti-theists in several of my posts. Search on that term if you don't believe me.

And if I have discounted "hundreds of montheistic gods" it is because while all of them could, possibly, be shown to be one and the same, I feel that Christianity is the fullest expression of monotheism.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Randy Carson

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:15:02 AM
I don't mind sharing too much. I don't generally, because I don't care to center conversation around myself and my testimony is generally regarded by atheists as delusion or mental breakdown. If you are interested I will explain it to my ability. Just let me know.

Peace

Exactly. Well said.

Randy Carson

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 02:10:04 PM

incapable of being expressed or described in words; inexpressible:ineffable joy. 2. not to be spoken because of its sacredness; unutterable: the ineffable name of the deity.

I said the entirety of the law is accomplished if one adheres to the teachings of the Christ.

Was that it?

I surely thought you had some challenge or question that would take some level of thought or consideration to answer.

One more thing;

I never said I was a Christian. I strive to be faithful to the One Creator GOD. I do not hold Faith in any schism or denominational or religious division.
Peace

He's a one-trick pony and tried the same misunderstood verse on me. I gave him solid explanations of why the New Covenant has abrogated the Old, but he's had fun with this "You're not living under the law, you hypocrite Christians" argument over the years, and he would hate to lose it now.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 26, 2016, 02:52:16 PM
He's a one-trick pony and tried the same misunderstood verse on me. I gave him solid explanations of why the New Covenant has abrogated the Old, but he's had fun with this "You're not living under the law, you hypocrite Christians" argument over the years, and he would hate to lose it now.
And you sir. You are a practicing Catholic?

I said some things in reference to the principalities of the ancient RCC. Now is as good a time as any to clarify that though I feel that many atrocities and much intentional misdirection originally stemmed from these principalities, I in no way hold any contempt or derision towards any practicing Catholic. The fact that you can hold on to your faith even through all the things that have been erroneously acted out by the universal church in the past speaks exponentially for your perseverance.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I meant no disrespect towards you or your denomination. A small smile cracked when I read your statement that all faithful are indeed Catholic. Might all conclude such in due time by the will of GOD through mercy and grace.

Peace friend

Randy Carson

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 03:07:49 PM
And you sir. You are a practicing Catholic?

I said some things in reference to the principalities of the ancient RCC. Now is as good a time as any to clarify that though I feel that many atrocities and much intentional misdirection originally stemmed from these principalities, I in no way hold any contempt or derision towards any practicing Catholic. The fact that you can hold on to your faith even through all the things that have been erroneously acted out by the universal church in the past speaks exponentially for your perseverance.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I meant no disrespect towards you or your denomination. A small smile cracked when I read your statement that all faithful are indeed Catholic. Might all conclude such in due time by the will of GOD through mercy and grace.

Peace friend

Jesus only has one body and only promised to build one Church. (cf. Mt. 16:18-19)

It will all become clear to us in the end.

Peace.

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:18:21 AM
He didn't say the tiniest Faith.

I've been told my Faith is strong. But I know in my heart that it isn't of the level that the Christ was referring to.
Past that I cannot answer your question. I wouldn't take mountain to be literal though. More as an insurmountable obstacle.

Peace 

You didn't even bother to look it up...

Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

reasonist

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 26, 2016, 02:45:58 PM
I have mentioned anti-theists in several of my posts. Search on that term if you don't believe me.

And if I have discounted "hundreds of montheistic gods" it is because while all of them could, possibly, be shown to be one and the same, I feel that Christianity is the fullest expression of monotheism.

Oh well, if you FEEL it, then of course it must be true!
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2016, 03:23:10 PM
You didn't even bother to look it up...

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
20: And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mustard seed doesn't exactly mean small. As what comes from a seed is a plant and this plant produces more seed which in turn produces more plants. I didn't look it up initially. That was my short coming. I will be certain to pay more attention to your posts and I do apologize for not giving you an adequate answer.

Matthew 17 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
17: Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

We see here that the Christ accused his disciples of being without any Faith and being with perversion. If these men weren't of ample Faith or purity then there is little question as to why none today can move a mountain or clear a grand obstacle.

Peace

21CIconoclast

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 02:10:04 PM

Was that it?

One more thing;

Peace

popsthebuilder,

YOUR QUOTE: "I never said I was a Christian. I strive to be faithful to the One Creator GOD. I do not hold Faith in any schism or denominational or religious division."

Well, why didn't' you say that you believe in ZEUS in the first place, knowing that he is the KING OF ALL GODS because his writings about him say so in the same vein as what the writings of Yahweh preclude about him?  This changes the whole picture for your future posts, doesn't it?

I love it when god believers finally come out of the closet in this respect and actually choose one of the gods in the BCE , and good for you in never believing in the WEAK Yahweh god of the Christians that allows his own creation to kill him!  Besides, how can a god die? LOL

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 03:31:09 PM
Matthew 17 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
20: And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mustard seed doesn't exactly mean small. As what comes from a seed is a plant and this plant produces more seed which in turn produces more plants. I didn't look it up initially. That was my short coming. I will be certain to pay more attention to your posts and I do apologize for not giving you an adequate answer.

Matthew 17 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
17: Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

We see here that the Christ accused his disciples of being without any Faith and being with perversion. If these men weren't of ample Faith or purity then there is little question as to why none today can move a mountain or clear a grand obstacle.

Peace

Jesus used the "mustard seed" as a comparison because it is an incredibly tiny seed. We see here that Jesus claims that with ANY amount of faith, you can perform miracles like moving a mountain with your voice. You're contorting yourself to try to justify your notions with this verse.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2016, 05:55:47 PM

Jesus used the "mustard seed" as a comparison because it is an incredibly tiny seed. We see here that Jesus claims that with ANY amount of faith, you can perform miracles like moving a mountain with your voice. You're contorting yourself to try to justify your notions with this verse.
If it meant little faith was enough, then it wouldn't say so little Faith is the reason they couldn't heal the man's son.

The reference to a mustard seed is made often in scripture. It is never used solely as a reference for a finite amount. If it referred to the weight of a grain of a mustard seed then yes.

Matthew 13 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
31: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Matthew 13 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
32: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mark 4 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
31: It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
32: But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

I'm not a contortionist.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 26, 2016, 05:26:20 PM

popsthebuilder,

YOUR QUOTE: "I never said I was a Christian. I strive to be faithful to the One Creator GOD. I do not hold Faith in any schism or denominational or religious division."

Well, why didn't' you say that you believe in ZEUS in the first place, knowing that he is the KING OF ALL GODS because his writings about him say so in the same vein as what the writings of Yahweh preclude about him?  This changes the whole picture for your future posts, doesn't it?

I love it when god believers finally come out of the closet in this respect and actually choose one of the gods in the BCE , and good for you in never believing in the WEAK Yahweh god of the Christians that allows his own creation to kill him!  Besides, how can a god die? LOL
Are you now conflating Yah with Christ?

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 26, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

Tell that to Pharaoh Akenaten, you non-Aten worshipping heretic ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.