One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Johan

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 11:45:55 AM
And this evidence is available for your consideration.
Where? In the bible? That isn't evidence.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 25, 2016, 08:39:03 PM
In your parlance, you suggest that I cannot prove that god does not exist.  In that case, I cannot prove that the Easter Bunny does not exist; or Santa; or the Tooth Fairy; or Faries; or The Invisible Pink Unicorn; or---well, on and on.  I can say that there is no evidence for any of those I've mentioned.  Not one scrap or shred of evidence of any kind that they exist.  you have no proof of god's existence, for there is none.  You can chose to believe in a fiction if you wish.  You could chose to believe that Bug Bunny is real.  You could chose to believe that Thor is alive and well way up North.  But, instead, you chose to believe that god exists.  Your choice--but you have no proof.  Because of that fact--there is no proof or evidence--I can state there is no god.  Yeah, I know that that is an accurate statement.  How do I know--through reasoning and critical thinking; not belief and faith.
You and others still seem slightly confused.

My Faith isn't the product of a book, or multiple books, or indoctrination.

You make a good point about unicorns n stuff, and I'm not too proud to admit it. If a unicorn had revealed anything to me whatsoever then I would be searching for things to verify that. But it wasn't a fairy or troll or unicorn. In fact there was and has never been any divisive name associated with it. Names are just that and in the case of GOD; there is but one. All names refer to the same One Creator GOD. I can understand how or why one would have faith that the tooth fairy doesn't exist. But in light of things I can no longer make a similar statement regarding the existence of GOD.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 08:48:41 PM
. But in light of things I can no longer make a similar statement regarding the existence of GOD.

spoken like a ex-alchy or druggie…. pure bottom dweller saved by the bell…..hehehehe
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 08:48:41 PM
You and others still seem slightly confused.

My Faith isn't the product of a book, or multiple books, or indoctrination.

You make a good point about unicorns n stuff, and I'm not too proud to admit it. If a unicorn had revealed anything to me whatsoever then I would be searching for things to verify that. But it wasn't a fairy or troll or unicorn. In fact there was and has never been any divisive name associated with it. Names are just that and in the case of GOD; there is but one. All names refer to the same One Creator GOD. I can understand how or why one would have faith that the tooth fairy doesn't exist. But in light of things I can no longer make a similar statement regarding the existence of GOD.

No, pops, I am not confused.  You are a bit, tho.  I am not saying you have not seen god.  Or Santa. Or the Tooth Fairy.  But I am saying you cannot prove (except to yourself) that god visited you or visits you on a regular basis.  Personal testimony is just that--personal.  You have not a shred of empirical evidence that god is real.  You can have all the sincere belief and faith that your ideas about god are real and factual.  But you cannot produce any proof for anybody else. 

Once again, I don't have faith that the Tooth Fairy does not exist.  Reasoning and critical thinking leads me to know that the Tooth Fairy does not exist.  You keep wanting to imbue me with faith and belief--I don't share that with you.  I don't have faith and belief--in anything.     
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 25, 2016, 08:39:29 PM
Its ALWAYS  a parable when it is inconvenient, but it is ALWAYS written absolutely when it fits your prejudice. HERE's your sign.
What prejudice would that be?

aitm

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 25, 2016, 08:41:17 PM
ah…I'm guessing the dumb fuck goat herder then….HERE's your sign.. LOLOLOL
Stupid people have problems solving riddles let alone writing them.

It seems conversation with you is quite pointless. I'm sure you'll understand if I choose to ignore you.

I honestly wish you the very best.

I do not wish to argue for no reason. Have a good evening.

Peace
Peace.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 09:15:16 PM
Stupid people have problems solving riddles let alone writing them.
One would think a great and grand god would know that long before you and I eh? LOLOLOL..here's your sign dumbass.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 25, 2016, 09:00:02 PM
spoken like a ex-alchy or druggie…. pure bottom dweller saved by the bell…..hehehehe
I have no qualms about revealing my past. Who are you to insist you are better than any else? Just because your pride and arrogance veil your perceptions doesn't mean you are better than any other.

I dwelled on the bottom for years by my own doing. It taught me many things, least of which isn't humility.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 25, 2016, 09:04:01 PM
No, pops, I am not confused.  You are a bit, tho.  I am not saying you have not seen god.  Or Santa. Or the Tooth Fairy.  But I am saying you cannot prove (except to yourself) that god visited you or visits you on a regular basis.  Personal testimony is just that--personal.  You have not a shred of empirical evidence that god is real.  You can have all the sincere belief and faith that your ideas about god are real and factual.  But you cannot produce any proof for anybody else. 

Once again, I don't have faith that the Tooth Fairy does not exist.  Reasoning and critical thinking leads me to know that the Tooth Fairy does not exist.  You keep wanting to imbue me with faith and belief--I don't share that with you.  I don't have faith and belief--in anything.   
Fair enough sir.

Contrary to your opinion though; you believe there is no GOD, correct?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 25, 2016, 09:18:17 PM
One would think a great and grand god would know that long before you and I eh? LOLOLOL..here's your sign dumbass.
Of course.

Did you have a point?

As if GOD must abide by the command or will of any whatsoever.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 09:19:39 PM

I dwelled on the bottom for years by my own doing.

We atheists recognize this far better than you, because most of you who come in here are indeed of the same poor mold. Nothing is more "christian" than ex drunks and druggies. Doesn't mean a goddamn thing when it comes to proof however.  Yeah we get it, you hit bottom, gave up, someone gave you a sammich and said Jesus saves and the next thing you know yer a fucking zombie. Well, good fer you…..whoop ti do.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 09:24:01 PM

As if GOD must abide by the command or will of any whatsoever.

Too busy commanding the death of innocent babies and the rape of little girls. Yeah, and you agree with that and wonder why I don't fucking care for you? You're a piece of human shit for accepting and proposing that other humans accept a piece of shit god like that. Give me a real god, you sure as hell don't have one.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 09:21:18 PM
Fair enough sir.

Contrary to your opinion though; you believe there is no GOD, correct?

Nooooooo............I do not believe anything.  I use reasoning and critical thinking to determine if there is a god or not--and not.  Name something you think I have to 'believe'. Besides god, that is.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?