One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 21, 2016, 09:28:09 PM
And what happened at the cross, Mike? Just before Jesus died, He said, "It is accomplished."
Which cross, Randy?  There were thousands of them.  Your fictional jesus is said to have uttered several things--depends upon which novel you subscribe to.

[/quote]
That's kind of inconvenient for you though, isn't it? Because for some bizarro reason, you want to hold Christians accountable for the OT when you don't actually believe in it yourself...but you sure as hell don't want to miss an opportunity to erroneously accuse us of hypocrisy.
[/quote]

My reason is bizarro?  Look in the mirror, my friend and you will see a guy with bizarro ideas just popping out of his head.  Your fictional jesus is the one who said that the OT is still in full force--not me; I don't give a shit if you follow it or not.  It is your fictional book that says that. 

[/quote]
Doing this over and over and over simply highlights your own ignorance, however.
[/quote]

No shit Sherlock.  That's all you do is highlight your ignorance just about every time you post.  You think if you repeat a lie a few hundred times it becomes the truth.  Okay, little guy, keep on keepen on.

[/quote]
I mean, it's not OUR fault you don't understand that the New Covenant abrogated the Old.
[/quote]

And it is not my fault if you can't even read your own fictional material.  Apparently it is too much for your little pea brain to untangle all the contradictions contained in the collection of essays you call a bible.  So you just make shit up and keep repeating over and over and over until you believe it is true.  And you can then have faith that it is so.  Goody for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 21, 2016, 09:54:32 PM
Which cross, Randy?  There were thousands of them.  Your fictional jesus is said to have uttered several things--depends upon which novel you subscribe to.

You make atheism look bad, Mike. You really do. Arguing against the existence of God is understandable, but doing it so badly...

“The denial that Christ was crucified is like the denial of the Holocaust. For some it’s simply too horrific to affirm. For others it’s an elaborate conspiracy to coerce religious sympathy. But the deniers live in a historical dreamworld."
(Bart Ehrman,  interview with Reginald V. Finley Sr., “Who Changed The New Testament and Why”, The Infidel Guy Show, 2008. Available at : http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/1264542-did-jesus-exist-disciple-buddha-america.html#ixzz2pvePXTT1)

:sbye2:
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 21, 2016, 10:01:54 PM
You make atheism look bad, Mike. You really do. Arguing against the existence of God is understandable, but doing it so badly...

“The denial that Christ was crucified is like the denial of the Holocaust. For some it’s simply too horrific to affirm. For others it’s an elaborate conspiracy to coerce religious sympathy. But the deniers live in a historical dreamworld."
(Bart Ehrman,  interview with Reginald V. Finley Sr., “Who Changed The New Testament and Why”, The Infidel Guy Show, 2008. Available at : http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/1264542-did-jesus-exist-disciple-buddha-america.html#ixzz2pvePXTT1)

:sbye2:
Sure thing Repeatable Randy.  Keep on repeating the fiction and one day it will be true for you.  Keep at it--again and again and again.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Again, I do not identify as an atheist, but people like Randy and other ignorant hypocrites sure make me want to.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Randy Carson

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 22, 2016, 12:11:25 AM
Again, I do not identify as an atheist, but people like Randy and other ignorant hypocrites sure make me want to.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Blackleaf.

I'm also puzzled: what is it that I am "ignorant" about, exactly?

There are lots of things I know little or nothing of...but what in the context of our discussions specifically did you have in mind?
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 21, 2016, 09:29:48 PM
Is there any chance you might actually answer the questions I posted? You accuse me of ignoring questions (so I started a thread just to silence that accusation), but here you are doing the very thing you accuse me of.

And Christian apologists are the hypocritical ones???
How is one with a different view or opinion automatically a hypocrite?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 22, 2016, 11:14:38 AM
How is one with a different view or opinion automatically a hypocrite?

Almost all one billion Christians don't practice what they preach.  They are acting, pretending.  The ancient word for an actor is "hypocrite".  Nothing wrong with being an actor.  Even if you are the unknown person playing the role of Randy or myself.  All the world is a stage.  Break a leg ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 22, 2016, 12:11:25 AM
It's been my personal finding that most atheists are actually deists of sorts.
As such, I can see how observable hypocrisy of "Christians" can pave the way for contention between the two.

This too, eventually will change by the will of the One Creator GOD, for the sake of existence.

Peace

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 21, 2016, 07:50:12 PM
I never said the entirety of the bible was infallible.

Exactly ... we all have our opinions about the good parts and the bad parts.  I love the first Potter book, but I didn't like the other ones nearly as much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2016, 11:19:46 AM
Almost all one billion Christians don't practice what they preach.  They are acting, pretending.  The ancient word for an actor is "hypocrite".  Nothing wrong with being an actor.  Even if you are the unknown person playing the role of Randy or myself.  All the world is a stage.  Break a leg ;-)
I don't doubt that many are hypocrites. But not all. Slowly the direction of man, by the will of GOD is being realized.

Abiding by what is known through the selfless conscience by the grace of GOD(the single creative force behind all existence) isn't acting or being fake or hypocritical, quite the opposite actually.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2016, 11:21:51 AM
Exactly ... we all have our opinions about the good parts and the bad parts.  I love the first Potter book, but I didn't like the other ones nearly as much.
Cute.

Do you think the author of the Harry Potter books would willingly die over what is written in his or her books?

Do you think those novels connect with the author and reader on an inner most level?

What do you find so fantastical about scripture? If you can't swallow the miracles written of in a literal sense then perhaps you should take them differently. The dead rose. The blind saw.

I was blind at one point. Not literally though.

I was basically dead for years, yet was revived. Again not literally, but might as well had been.

Peace

Baruch

All people die.  Some people die for stupid things.  If confronted as an ancient Jew, by an ancient Roman ... I might dissimulate and live, or spit in his face and die.  Why is that important to you?  You are Roman, not Jewish, so you have nothing to fear from your own kind, do you?

I absolutely agree about allegorical interpretation.  But people don't die for allegory, they die because of their mistaken literalism.  Jewish zealots didn't die for literary theory ... they literally thought, per Hannukah etc ... that G-d would drop from the skies and smite the Romans.

There are some who aren't acting?  Who are these demigods, are they like Heracles?  Old Jewish stories have something similar ... the lamedvavnicks ... a small group of holy Jewish men, who can never admit who they are, even to themselves, and for whose sake, their virtue being so great, G-d doesn't destroy the world.  Gotta be at least ten of them, maybe more ... to make a minyan, like Abraham was dealing with G-d regarding the Sodomites.  James the Just was Yaakov HaTzaddik ... a Tzaddik is the ancient version of such holy men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 21, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

That's kind of inconvenient for you though, isn't it? Because for some bizarro reason, you want to hold Christians accountable for the OT when you don't actually believe in it yourself...but you sure as hell don't want to miss an opportunity to erroneously accuse us of hypocrisy.

My reason is bizarro?  Look in the mirror, my friend and you will see a guy with bizarro ideas just popping out of his head.  Your fictional jesus is the one who said that the OT is still in full force--not me; I don't give a shit if you follow it or not.  It is your fictional book that says that. 

Doing this over and over and over simply highlights your own ignorance, however.

No shit Sherlock.  That's all you do is highlight your ignorance just about every time you post.  You think if you repeat a lie a few hundred times it becomes the truth.  Okay, little guy, keep on keepen on.

I mean, it's not OUR fault you don't understand that the New Covenant abrogated the Old.

And it is not my fault if you can't even read your own fictional material.  Apparently it is too much for your little pea brain to untangle all the contradictions contained in the collection of essays you call a bible.  So you just make shit up and keep repeating over and over and over until you believe it is true.  And you can then have faith that it is so.  Goody for you.

MikeCI,,

Hey, Randy Dandy Carson has me on ignore, for obvious reasons of me showing him to be an outright fool relative to his primitive faith, so has this pseudo-christian even "tried" to answer my posts listed below?

+++++++++++  ALL POINTS BULLETIN, WHERE IS RANDY? ++++++++++++

Has anyone seen Randy Carson run past their house within the last 24 hours?

I am getting worried because Randy has yet to address my posts 67, 86, 108, 116, and 117 within this thread
where he remains silent to Jesus condoning the murdering of kids that curse their parents, where he refuses to accept
Jesus’ own words that the Christian is to follow the Old Testament laws, where he won’t explain the Trinity Doctrine, where
he now shows why Jesus is burning in the sulfur lakes of Hell, and where he admits that his bible contradicts itself.

I can't imagine why he remains silent upon these explicit biblical facts, can you?

Mike, is Randy Carson still hiding from his JUDEO-Christian bible in disgrace to what it actually says, instead of what he wants it to say?

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2016, 11:19:46 AM

Wait, so my hobby makes me a hypocrite? But i hate hypocrites! That can't...

Whoa... Hypocriteseption
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 22, 2016, 01:05:19 PM

MikeCI,,

Hey, Randy Dandy Carson has me on ignore, for obvious reasons of me showing him to be an outright fool relative to his primitive faith, so has this pseudo-christian even "tried" to answer my posts listed below?

+++++++++++  ALL POINTS BULLETIN, WHERE IS RANDY? ++++++++++++

Has anyone seen Randy Carson run past their house within the last 24 hours?

I am getting worried because Randy has yet to address my posts 67, 86, 108, 116, and 117 within this thread
where he remains silent to Jesus condoning the murdering of kids that curse their parents, where he refuses to accept
Jesus’ own words that the Christian is to follow the Old Testament laws, where he won’t explain the Trinity Doctrine, where
he now shows why Jesus is burning in the sulfur lakes of Hell, and where he admits that his bible contradicts itself.

I can't imagine why he remains silent upon these explicit biblical facts, can you?

Mike, is Randy Carson still hiding from his JUDEO-Christian bible in disgrace to what it actually says, instead of what he wants it to say?
I guess he understands (or makes the judgement--christians love, love, love to do that!  Makes them feel all warm and tingly inside) that your soul is too polluted (with the truth) to save.  So, as all good christians do, besides passing judgments, is to ignore the FACTS, willfully so, and continue down their blind path all in good faith.