News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 28, 2019, 02:16:12 PM
This has already been pointed out to him, as well as the evidence that the brain is still very much active during NDE's. Some people just refuse to change their minds when the facts are presented to them.
This guy doesn't know facts from fancy--much like trump; facts simply do not matter, especially when they interfere with is beliefs.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Maybe he's just a fan of those "alternative facts."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Watch out for scientism it isn't science.  Scientism says that everything is science.  That I was conducting a post-graduate science experiment in Athens in 1983, when I drank too much Retsina, and had to crawl to the toilet to throw up.  That would be "mad science" not science.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

There is nothing "wrong" with "materialism". Materialism is not a swear word or disparaging one, materialism is the one thing that most all humans have and enjoy. It is the very thing that gives life LIFE. It's all fine and dandy if Arik wants to live under a blue tarp in the woods eating grass and acorns and thinking, "hey, I have connected with the great one and when I die, I will be rewarded handsomely-----with all the shit he supposedly frowns on now. But fear not friends, owning shit is great. Having shit is great, having money is great, having more money is ever greater. Don't listen to this layabout lazy fuck who won't work long enough to buy his own sandwich...he is out in the street begging for your money.

Embrace our lives...enjoy it. I do.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Nothing wrong with theist either.  Just words.  Nothing wrong with Nazi, communist, cannibal etc.  Words can't hurt you, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on May 28, 2019, 08:26:55 PM
Nothing wrong with theist either.  Just words.  Nothing wrong with Nazi, communist, cannibal etc.  Words can't hurt you, right?

Common saying.....but apparently all lies.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 28, 2019, 02:16:12 PM
This has already been pointed out to him, as well as the evidence that the brain is still very much active during NDE's. Some people just refuse to change their minds when the facts are presented to them.

What a load o'crap.

Where suppose to be the evidence that the brain is still very much active during NDEs?

Show that to me BL and I mean real evidence not just guessing.

In the meantime I show to you some real evidence that the brain is totally off.

For practical purposes outside the world of academic debate, three clinical tests commonly determine brain death. First, a standard electroencephalogram, or EEG, measures brain-wave activity. A "flat" EEG denotes non-function of the cerebral cortex - the outer shell of the cerebrum. Second, auditory evoked potentials, similar to those [clicks] elicited by the ear speakers in Pam's surgery, measure brain-stem viability. Absence of these potentials indicates non-function of the brain stem. And third, documentation of no blood flow to the brain is a marker for a generalized absence of brain function.

But during "standstill", Pam's brain was found "dead" by all three clinical tests - her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem response was absent, and no blood flowed through her brain. Interestingly, while in this state, she encountered the "deepest" NDE of all Atlanta Study participants.

Some scientists theorize that NDEs are produced by brain chemistry. But, Dr. Peter Fenwick, a neuropsychiatrist and the leading authority in Britain concerning NDEs, believes that these theories fall far short of the facts. In the documentary, "Into the Unknown: Strange But True," Dr. Fenwick describes the state of the brain during an NDE:

"The brain isn't functioning. It's not there. It's destroyed. It's abnormal. But, yet, it can produce these very clear experiences ... an unconscious state is when the brain ceases to function. For example, if you faint, you fall to the floor, you don't know what's happening and the brain isn't working. The memory systems are particularly sensitive to unconsciousness. So, you won't remember anything. But, yet, after one of these experiences [an NDE], you come out with clear, lucid memories ... This is a real puzzle for science. I have not yet seen any good scientific explanation which can explain that fact."

https://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-have-ndes-while-brain-dead.html

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

aitm

TL:DR....shit happens when you kinda temporarily die....ish. Shit be happening we don't understand yet so we don't want to just randomly make up stuff....

Arik: THERE IS A CONNECTION TWIXT HUMANS AND THE UNY-VERSE THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN BY THE UNDEAD DEAD.....GOD DID IT BUT GOD IS NOT THE GOD YOU SEE BUT HE IS THE GOD OF THE UNY-VERSE AND ALSO THE GOD OF THE BIBLE BUT NOT THE GOD OF THE ...ER.......YEAH.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Arik on May 29, 2019, 07:19:04 PM

What a load o'crap.

Where suppose to be the evidence that the brain is still very much active during NDEs?

Show that to me BL and I mean real evidence not just guessing.

Do scientific journals by neuroscientists studying the brain during and around NDE's count as "evidence" to you? Of course not. Clearly, it's the people with the degrees who are guessing, not the meditating manbuns. You're a fucking idiot. Here. Google Scholar. If you're interested in undumbing yourself, learn how to use it. I'm not doing the work for a willful moron.

Quote from: Arik on May 29, 2019, 07:19:04 PMIn the meantime I show to you some real evidence that the brain is totally off.

Oh yes. Your sources are totally accurate, up-to-date with what experts currently know, and are trustworthy, coming from true authorities on the subject. Since I know you have the intelligence of a pet rock, let me spell this out for you. I'm being sarcastic right now, and you can go fuck yourself.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on May 27, 2019, 10:35:31 AMWhen it started maybe few thousand years ago the human nervous system was a bit different from what we have today so that system of acupuncture was quite efficient but today is less and less effective.

Acupuncture was first documented at around 100 BC.  A little over 2000 years ago.

Any evidence to support this?  Or just more of the same?  (Bullshit claim after bullshit claim)

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 29, 2019, 10:51:01 PM

Acupuncture was first documented at around 100 BC.  A little over 2000 years ago.

Any evidence to support this?  Or just more of the same?  (Bullshit claim after bullshit claim)

Arik is starting to remind me of Spirit Science on YouTube. If you don't know who I'm talking about, here's a video about him. (I don't want to give Spirit Science's channel any views.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nazSov2_gvg
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on May 29, 2019, 10:13:21 AM
Common saying.....but apparently all lies.

You didn't get my irony.  Words hurt a lot, even cause genocide.  Words are among the greatest and oldest WMD we humans have.

There is New Age stuff, and genuine Indian stuff.  Not saying which is which.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 29, 2019, 10:51:01 PM

Gee, what a big deal Hydra...................

2000 years aren't ...................what I said about few thousand years?
So where is the big deal?

However there is something that you ignore and that is that human progress follow the same system as an avalanche.
In the early stages it goes so so slow that we can hardly see it moving but as it take speed it goes faster and faster.
Human civilization follow the same system.
For almost a million years there was hardly any progress but about 15000 years ago things start moving and now the speed of progress is going very fast so humans that stayed almost the same for such a long time now even in 20 years time they are going through a huge change.

Our bodies and nervous system must cope with different task and that in turn bring a lot of changes in us humans.
Just 50 years ago most people used their body to perform task while today automatism replace humans so muscles are not needed so much and this involve changes in our bodies and mind that is why what worked in the past can not work so much these days.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: aitm on May 29, 2019, 08:26:07 PM
TL:DR....shit happens when you kinda temporarily die....ish. Shit be happening we don't understand yet so we don't want to just randomly make up stuff....

Arik: THERE IS A CONNECTION TWIXT HUMANS AND THE UNY-VERSE THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN BY THE UNDEAD DEAD.....GOD DID IT BUT GOD IS NOT THE GOD YOU SEE BUT HE IS THE GOD OF THE UNY-VERSE AND ALSO THE GOD OF THE BIBLE BUT NOT THE GOD OF THE ...ER.......YEAH.

Oh, well why you guys didn't tell me in the first place that you are not interested in evidence?

First you ask me for evidence that the brain is not dead during an NDE.
After when I bring evidence you say..........blah....blah.....blah....... and then change argument by talking this nonsense as above.

Make up your mind?

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel