News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Myth Of Christian Persecution

Started by stromboli, May 25, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marom1963

Quote from: stromboli on May 26, 2016, 11:05:00 PM
Differently mental? The shit I learn on here.... but, but, I can't say crazy? That's crazy!  :biggrin:
Anyone can say "crazy" - I'm not offended - but some of the "mentally different" are - believe it or not. I get in trouble at Program for saying "crazy" - but I don't care ... I've never once referred to black people as "African Americans" or white people as "European Americans" - have had it w/new euphemisms. First - in my lifetime - it was "colored people," then "negroes," then "black people," every few years something different - well, no, I stopped at "black people," and I'm not going further. I refuse to pander to the Ministry of Love.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Blackleaf

Quote from: marom1963 on May 26, 2016, 11:32:58 PM
Anyone can say "crazy" - I'm not offended - but some of the "mentally different" are - believe it or not. I get in trouble at Program for saying "crazy" - but I don't care ... I've never once referred to black people as "African Americans" or white people as "European Americans" - have had it w/new euphemisms. First - in my lifetime - it was "colored people," then "negroes," then "black people," every few years something different - well, no, I stopped at "black people," and I'm not going further. I refuse to pander to the Ministry of Love.

I don't understand how "colored" could not be politically correct while we still have the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

marom1963

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2016, 11:40:26 PM
I don't understand how "colored" could not be politically correct while we still have the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
The organization is more than 100 years old; they haven't changed it's name. Call somebody "colored" - see what reaction you get. Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't. I'm not sure. I'm certain, though, that colored is outdated as a reference to black people.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

Come on!  You can't see that I am mocking SJWs?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2016, 11:40:26 PM
I remember moving to Alabama when I was in the 5th grade.  My first trip into Anniston was a bit of an eye opener.  Went into Woolworth and saw a 'Colored' sign above a drinking fountain and a bathroom.  At first I thought they were painting it--or something.  Did not take long to figure out why those signs were everywhere.  So, I can imagine that 'colored' anything carries a bit of a sting with it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2016, 09:10:19 AM
I remember moving to Alabama when I was in the 5th grade.  My first trip into Anniston was a bit of an eye opener.  Went into Woolworth and saw a 'Colored' sign above a drinking fountain and a bathroom.  At first I thought they were painting it--or something.  Did not take long to figure out why those signs were everywhere.  So, I can imagine that 'colored' anything carries a bit of a sting with it.

Ah. That makes sense. But if it's considered offensive now, why hasn't the NAACP updated their name? National Association for the Advancement of Minority Populations (NAAMP). If the name itself promotes an outdated derogatory term, it kinda casts doubt on the fruits of their efforts.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

stromboli

Colored meaning anything not white. Ah the good ol' days.....

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 27, 2016, 09:33:51 AM
Ah. That makes sense. But if it's considered offensive now, why hasn't the NAACP updated their name? National Association for the Advancement of Minority Populations (NAAMP). If the name itself promotes an outdated derogatory term, it kinda casts doubt on the fruits of their efforts.
Yeah--I've kinda wondered abut that myself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?