Gunmen on the Loose in Canada

Started by SGOS, October 22, 2014, 12:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Ben Shapiro

Must be another bigoted islamophobe. Very likely a Zionist too.
Thoughtcrime. Doubleplus ungood.

Hakurei Reimu

From his wiki page: "American conservative political commentator, radio talk show host, attorney, and media consultant."

Absent from this list, any actual qualifications that he might know what the fuck he's talking about in terms of geopolitics. So I ask again: who the fuck is Ben Shapiro?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

Obviously someone who is less qualified to express an opinion than you do.
As for who he really is, ask him . His contact address is easy to find. 
Maybe you get an answer.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 24, 2014, 12:27:38 PM

In any society, things are identified as causes of violence; For example, video games.  But I think there might be a difference in the amount of video game inspired violence, and Islamic inspired violence.  I don't know this for sure.  I'm not sure such a thing has ever been studied by psychologists.

The big difference is that Islamic ideology, contrary to the video games, makes the aggressor believe that his violent act is righteous and that his sacrifice will be followed by a heavenly reward. So I have no doubt that Islamic radicalization will become a danger that we cannot simply ignore. Your ordinary school shooting - "which happens every Wednesday" as it was famously said - will become shooting in the name of Allah. :-(

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 25, 2014, 09:54:38 AM
The big difference is that Islamic ideology, contrary to the video games, makes the aggressor believe that his violent act is righteous and that his sacrifice will be followed by a heavenly reward.

Players of video games generally understand the game isn't real.  Followers of Islam or any other religion think it is real.

SGOS

Meanwhile, that back to nature cop killer survivalist in Pennsylvania, has been eluding the FBI and hiding out in the woods for over a month now, but he's a true blue God fearin' card carryin' NRA member that loves America.  NPR did a little update on him yesterday.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on October 25, 2014, 08:14:37 AM
Obviously someone who is less qualified to express an opinion than you do.
As for who he really is, ask him . His contact address is easy to find. 
Maybe you get an answer.
About all the "qualifications" Ben Shapiro seems to have is in political science. However, in talking about populations, the relevant skill set is statistics.

Since you seem unwilling to defend your own source of information (let alone draw any sort of connection to this case) then I suppose it can be safely ignored.
(she bites!)

pr126

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 25, 2014, 05:59:53 PM
About all the "qualifications" Ben Shapiro seems to have is in political science. However, in talking about populations, the relevant skill set is statistics.

Since you seem unwilling to defend your own source of information (let alone draw any sort of connection to this case) then I suppose it can be safely ignored.
What is there to defend? What happened to "Who the fuck is Ben Shapiro?"

What is eating you?

Here, play with this thread for a while.
Don't forget to ask Stromboli "who the fuck is Shapiro".
See if you get an answer. If you so desperately need it.
QuoteI suppose it can be safely ignored.
Yes, you do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on October 26, 2014, 12:55:04 AM
What is there to defend? What happened to "Who the fuck is Ben Shapiro?"
Apparently, you're too obtuse to catch the subtext, so I'll state it straight: Why should this guy be listened to?

What is eating you?
The poor sources you tend to cite.

Here, play with this thread for a while.
Don't forget to ask Stromboli "who the fuck is Shapiro".
See if you get an answer. If you so desperately need it.
Just because it's in another thread doesn't make it any more credible a citation.
(she bites!)

pr126

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 25, 2014, 10:36:58 AM
Players of video games generally understand the game isn't real.  Followers of Islam or any other religion think it is real.

Agree. My other point was that in the past when radicalization was primarily done at the mosque, it was easier to detect as security agents could put surveillance on those suspected of being radicalized, not withstanding that other members of the mosque could alert the authorities of anyone suspicious of being radicalized. However, with radicalization on the net, if the individual is no longer communicating with the outside world, such individuals are much harder to be detected.

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 26, 2014, 10:18:21 AM
Agree. My other point was that in the past when radicalization was primarily done at the mosque, it was easier to detect as security agents could put surveillance on those suspected of being radicalized, not withstanding that other members of the mosque could alert the authorities of anyone suspicious of being radicalized. However, with radicalization on the net, if the individual is no longer communicating with the outside world, such individuals are much harder to be detected.
I see your point now.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: pr126 on October 23, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
It's those damn Amish again!! Or Mennonites?

If we only knew what is the motive.

Maybe his motive was that Canada is helping the Americans kill a lot of Muslims, first in Afghanistan, and now in Iraq and Syria? My country Canada has turned into America's bitch, and it's sad.

We pretty much asked for this attack to happen. We knew the guy wanted to go fight overseas, but we banned him from leaving the country. Big shocker that he then acts out when we announce we are at war with the Islamic State. Real convenient that this happens and we're about to get our own version of your Patriot Act passed up here.

Islam is terrible, sure, but the religion of Islam is never going to be able to change and move forward like the other religions even a little bit, and we are a huge part of why. Endless war killing hundreds of thousands and displacing millions is only going to make the problem much worse. We are only giving the Muslims of the world more reason to become radicalised. At least the shooter in Canada didn't take any civilians out, and only went after military/ government. That's more than you can say for us in the West, bombing wedding parties.

pr126

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 01, 2014, 08:18:27 PM
Maybe his motive was that Canada is helping the Americans kill a lot of Muslims, first in Afghanistan, and now in Iraq and Syria? My country Canada has turned into America's bitch, and it's sad.

We pretty much asked for this attack to happen. We knew the guy wanted to go fight overseas, but we banned him from leaving the country. Big shocker that he then acts out when we announce we are at war with the Islamic State. Real convenient that this happens and we're about to get our own version of your Patriot Act passed up here.

Islam is terrible, sure, but the religion of Islam is never going to be able to change and move forward like the other religions even a little bit, and we are a huge part of why. Endless war killing hundreds of thousands and displacing millions is only going to make the problem much worse. We are only giving the Muslims of the world more reason to become radicalised. At least the shooter in Canada didn't take any civilians out, and only went after military/ government. That's more than you can say for us in the West, bombing wedding parties.
Yes, it is all your fault. Go on, blame yourself, you worthless filthy kuffar.

Just a note, Islam was the same murderous raping, beheading,  child molesting, oppressing fascist belief hundreds of years before the US or Canada existed.

I wonder who's fault was it then?

FaithIsFilth

Islam is everything you said it is, but that should be for the Muslims to deal with themselves. Muslims suffer the most from how terrible the religion is, so let them either change on their own over time or continue suffering. They are not a threat to Canada or the US. They are a threat to someone else.

Obama was determined to go to war in Syria with or without ISIS being a problem anyways. First he tried to get support for going to war (against ISIS's enemy, Assad) but the support was not there. Then Obama and America's allies armed ISIS and they turned into a big deal, and Obama got his excuse to go to war in Syria.

I would rather Assad stay in power and keep the Muslim extremists in check, but the US is determined to see Assad go, so the country will probably end up in the hands of Muslims who denounce ISIS, but are nearly just as extreme. The US doesn't want things to get better in the Middle East. They want an excuse for endless war.