Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

"The Mueller investigation is totally conflicted, illegal and rigged!"
-- Trump

"The Washington Post is a Fact Checker only for the Democrats. For the Republicans, and for your all time favorite President, it is a Fake Fact Checker."
-- Trump
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 24, 2019, 07:21:23 AM
"The Mueller investigation is totally conflicted, illegal and rigged!"
-- Trump

"The Washington Post is a Fact Checker only for the Democrats. For the Republicans, and for your all time favorite President, it is a Fake Fact Checker."
-- Trump

in politics, there is no truth.  Because politics is inherently biased, and strongly motivated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Andrew McCabe claims Trump wanted war in Venezuela because “they have all that oil”

I've been wondering all this time which country the Trump regime would go to war with first - would it be Venezuela or Iran? Or some other country? Well, we may be about to find out.

A war for oil can not be considered a "just war." A war for power cannot be considered a "just war." A war for Trump's prestige cannot be considered a "just war." A war for the profits of "defense" contractors cannot be considered a "just war."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 25, 2019, 03:14:00 PM
Andrew McCabe claims Trump wanted war in Venezuela because “they have all that oil”

I've been wondering all this time which country the Trump regime would go to war with first - would it be Venezuela or Iran? Or some other country? Well, we may be about to find out.

A war for oil can not be considered a "just war." A war for power cannot be considered a "just war." A was for Trump's prestige cannot be considered a "just war." A war for the profits of "defense" contractors cannot be considered a "just war."
I agree--and the only 'just' wars for the US since WWII would be Korea, Kuwait, the beginning of the going after Osama.  And one could question our conduct in all of those.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 25, 2019, 06:28:15 PM
I agree--and the only 'just' wars for the US since WWII would be Korea, Kuwait, the beginning of the going after Osama.  And one could question our conduct in all of those.

I do too, but not because we get the oil.  We didn't get the oil in Iraq, China did.  Same with the minerals in Afghanistan.  Going to China.  So who is working for who?

The shadow reason is to keep resources out of the hands of Russia (which doesn't need them now anyway).  The real reason is to secure them for China.  If we go to war with Vietnam again, it will be because China told us to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteChinese negotiation Lui He laughs in Donald Trump's face in the Oval Office as Trump makes bogus and ridiculous claims about MOU's and trade agreements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqy0srYelg
God Not Found

Baruch

When this happened, with the Roman delegation to the city of Tarentum (the Greeks made fun of bad Latin pronunciation of Greek aka barber (ian)) ... it was war to the finish, capishe?  I would hope that insults are not exchanged.

in any case, we can't tell if this is an act, or real insults.  A part of me loves China, another part (Douglas MacArthur) would kill a billion people.  See what inevitable competition for scarce resources brings about?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on February 23, 2019, 12:29:56 AM
That's probably going to be the single greatest benefit of a post-oil system -- the ruination of the religious hystericals funded by the various Arab states when those funds go away, and the evaporation of those states' international power.

Indeed, one of the many benefits of escaping oil as a primary source of fuel is the diminution of the Middle Eastern Monarchies.  Not for their religion (since I dislike all equally) but because of their casual but always-enforced racism, sexism, fascism, and social cruelty.  I can only hope that economic changes will drag them kicking and screaming into the 19th century.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 05:06:24 AM
Indeed, one of the many benefits of escaping oil as a primary source of fuel is the diminution of the Middle Eastern Monarchies.  Not for their religion (since I dislike all equally) but because of their casual but always-enforced racism, sexism, fascism, and social cruelty.  I can only hope that economic changes will drag them kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Easy .... walk everywhere.  Don't heat your house unless you have a wood lot.  You can't escape the need for energy, just what form you use.  The most important energy source being food.  If you don't grow all your own, you are a parasite on farmers.  Cross of Gold Speech ... time to end urbanism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 06:46:06 AM
Easy .... walk everywhere.  Don't heat your house unless you have a wood lot.  You can't escape the need for energy, just what form you use.  The most important energy source being food.  If you don't grow all your own, you are a parasite on farmers.  Cross of Gold Speech ... time to end urbanism.

What did you eat today?  Name everything you can...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 08:26:23 AM
What did you eat today?  Name everything you can...

Bourgeois is as bourgeois does.  You are comfortable.  Most of the world will hate you for that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, Cohen\s opening statement to congress is certainly interesting. But the Republicans will just call him a liar and rally round their idol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGaAvc0Cko
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 27, 2019, 06:59:35 PM
Well, Cohen\s opening statement to congress is certainly interesting. But the Republicans will just call him a liar and rally round their idol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGaAvc0Cko

How is it Cohen is serving time for acting on behalf of Trump, but Trump is still a free man? If one is a criminal, doesn't that necessarily criminalize the other?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

How come a convicted felon is testifying?  #BelieveFelons.

Eventually the desperate Dems will get Trump, because he didn't return a library book in 1965.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Trump walked out of the summit with Kim? Breaking up is hard to do! LOL
God Not Found