Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 02, 2018, 01:59:35 PM
Silence, Colonizer!

Silence uncle Tom!

See, see how that works?

Maybe what they should have had in the movie was a white south African show up as call one of the black cast out saying "when are you going to stop your lot destroying our home?", Because thats modern and political right?

If a movie like this wants to 'go there' they better be prepared for the backlash.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 02, 2018, 11:58:14 AM
I have a theory about that.  The Soul gem stands alone as the strangest and most strangely acquired gem.  The trial to claim it was almost too convenient and easy.  It may be some sort of deception.
I didn't think about it being a deception, but I remember being puzzled by how easy it was.  Maybe I passed it off as the collector guy just being a wuss.  He wasn't much of a fighter.  He seemed like a wealthy bumbler with a need to collect odd things.

I just rewatched the last 10 minutes again, not all of the Avengers were shown dissolving.  There was scene with Rogers, Banner, Widow, and a couple of others where they were aware of the carnage, and I was expecting to see them evaporate, but they didn't.  So I'm thinking part of the team might have been among the half that survived, although I don't know how to make a sequel out of that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 02, 2018, 06:09:27 PMSo I'm thinking part of the team might have been among the half that survived, although I don't know how to make a sequel out of that.
There are strong hints that Captain Marvel is going to be in part two.  Maybe even Hawkeye and Ant-Man.  And - this is a hell of a stretch - The Sentry.

There's enough firepower left.  It's just scattered and demoralized.  Getting the gang together is going to be the hardest part.

Gawdzilla Sama

Ant-man did survive, check the PCS in "Antman and Wasp."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Thor, Cap, Ironman, Rocket, Okoye, Black Widow, Hulk/bruce banner, Ant-man, War-machine, and we don't know what happened to hawk-eye.

And of course we have captain marvel. Though it did annoy me how marvel introduced Adam Warlock in GotG but hasn't presented him in anything after, he exists in the MCU but by looks of it isn't going to be used.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on September 02, 2018, 07:33:44 PM
Thor, Cap, Ironman, Rocket, Okoye, Black Widow, Hulk/bruce banner, Ant-man, War-machine, and we don't know what happened to hawk-eye.

And of course we have captain marvel. Though it did annoy me how marvel introduced Adam Warlock in GotG but hasn't presented him in anything after, he exists in the MCU but by looks of it isn't going to be used.
Iirc, he's not going to make an appearance until after Infinity War part 2 wraps up.

This gives me hope that Infinity War damaged the fabric of space/time and the Guardians of the Galaxy are going to embark on their classic hijinks - sealing rifts, pissing off the Church, Adam getting a new hairdoo (if you get my drift), and then we get this glorious scene on the big screen:

^_^

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mj2KRj_9Mk

this is whats happened due to todays culture fucking things up. When the main actor of the best star wars trilogy is disgusted at how they directed his character, you know they fucked up big time.

Baruch

Is that you Winston Smith?  Strap that rat cage back on you face, now!  Big Brother says so.

Bad enough they want to kill adult White males, they want to start early by killing 12 year old White males.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwiIwLRw_M&t=312s

kathleen kennedy is a feminist idiot. Worst, she's a sexist feminist idiot. She thinks women can't relate to men, thus they forced powerful women into star wars while emasculating the male characters. The main female role in the movie is a mary sue while the men can't do anything as good as the female leads. Also one character very clearly being gender studies purple haired character who dehumanizes another male character because 'muh feminism!'.

This is what happens when extreme feminists and sjws get into directing or being the lead, we've seen it happen with marvel, and now its happened with star wars.

If a character is well written, relatable and consistant, then it doesn't matter what the gender of a fan is, if the character is done well anyone can relate to them. I'm a gay guy and I can relate to *shock, horror* straight white male characters, something people like kathleen kennedy want to shit all over because they are straight white and male. I can relate to female character when their written well, like lara croft, ripley from aliens, captain Janeway from star trek, Mulan from the same movie, Clarice Starling from silence of the lambs, the bride from kill bill, just about any role Julie Andrews was in.

And yet, you have people like Kennedy here who thinks so one dimensional about the fans of these things, that she needs to force her gender studies into something like star wars, and fuck up so many characters and concepts with it just because she feels 'it needs to reach women in the audience!'. Bitch, if you want to appeal to women, try being a better writer. Woman, like men, will like any character as long as their well written.

And it goes without saying, Rian Johnson is a narcissist. He didn't give a shit about the integrity of the story or fans, it just wanted to throw in his take on things in a way to say fuck you to the last director J.J. Abrams. He's also now left the final movie for Abrams to clean up his shit, which just makes this movie a bigger stain on the star wars franchise then the phantom menace.
He's one of those cunts who is so dismissive of any criticism of his work is writes anyone off, even constructive criticism, as negative, so dismisses it. He's basically the emperor of the emperors new cloths, only he doesn't acknowledge even when people point out the facts to him.

Gawdzilla Sama

I thought the fact that Rey was not chained to a fat alien slug with a lunatic space monkey for a pet showed that she had survival skills and a talent for doing the right thing at the right time.
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 04, 2018, 08:03:11 AM
I thought the fact that Rey was not chained to a fat alien slug with a lunatic space monkey for a pet showed that she had survival skills and a talent for doing the right thing at the right time.

Ray is a mary sue. Watched this guys entire 5 part criticism of the movie and its clear the character is setup to be flawless and better then anyone before her, because she's a woman. No training, no struggles to overcome, no mistakes or doubts, and in making such a character she's unrelatable and shallow.
She's a better jedi, pilot, fighter then any other character, without training, and even better then the ones training her before they even try to.

princess leia at least wasn't built up like a massive better then anyone character, she had to be rescued, but then showed her leadership skilled in the resistance.

i'm not even a star wars fan, but I've watched the movies, and can appreciate good characterization, something the last jedi lacks in abundance. 

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers