Not all motorcyclist or gangs are ass holes!

Started by Solitary, July 29, 2015, 02:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

dtq123

But they're school shooters, murderers, and sodomites!
(Seriously though, good find)
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

hrdlr110

I've never rescued a calf, but I do stop to help people a fair amount while riding. Partly it's vision - we are vigilant about staying safe, so we spot things more easily than someone in a car. And the second thing is ease and convenience of parking a bike in an out of the way location quickly and easily. We're also, because of our constant exposure to the environment, more engaged with what's happening around us, and therefore more apt to stop and help.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Solitary

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

hrdlr110

I test rode an Indian roadmaster about 2 months ago. I couldn't justify it as an everyday bike - too pretty, and would always worry about where to park it. I ride a goldwing, but am considering an Indian darkhorse as an addition to the stable. I'm an everyday rider so the wing has comforts I'll never part with. The darkhorse would make a great city cruiser.
I'm 1/16 Mandan, so I did get myself an Indian leather jacket to ride on my goldwing. Nobody has called me on it yet!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Solitary

Quote from: aitm on July 29, 2015, 08:51:09 PM
those aren't bikers…

Did you watch the video to the end? If they have patches they are bikers.

Munch

Quote from: dtq123 on July 29, 2015, 03:18:56 PM
But they're school shooters, murderers, and sodomites!
(Seriously though, good find)

Mmmm, love me some sodomite on toast.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

kilodelta

Yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Solitary's post, not Munch's post. Their motorcycle has a dent in the gas can... just plain ugly.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Jason Harvestdancer

Some of my favorite bikers are in BACA - Bikers Against Child Abuse.

They like to protect families from abusive family members.  Although they aren't supposed to be violent, if the aggressive family member does decide to get aggressive they are willing to respond in kind.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

trdsf

Bikers are just fine.  Generally, if you don't have a problem with them, they don't have a problem with you.  I (fuzzily) remember the Grateful Dead at Blossom Music Center in 1985, sitting with some Hell's Angels and shootin' the shit (and smoking it, too).  And I am very much not the type one would associate with bikers.  If you want a mental image of me in 1985, think John Hodgman (the PC guy in the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" ads) crossed with Weird Al.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey, not everyone in Saudi Arabia wants to cut my head off either, but enough do to make me leary of Saudi Arabia.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: trdsf on July 30, 2015, 09:13:55 PM
Bikers are just fine.  Generally, if you don't have a problem with them, they don't have a problem with you.  I (fuzzily) remember the Grateful Dead at Blossom Music Center in 1985, sitting with some Hell's Angels and shootin' the shit (and smoking it, too).  And I am very much not the type one would associate with bikers.  If you want a mental image of me in 1985, think John Hodgman (the PC guy in the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" ads) crossed with Weird Al.
Well that answers why they accepted you like they did Peewee Herman---did you have a nice bicycle?

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 30, 2015, 10:06:35 PM
Hey, not everyone in Saudi Arabia wants to cut my head off either, but enough do to make me leary of Saudi Arabia.
It is a good idea to be leery of hard core bike gangs, but usually it is live, and let live with them. Fuck with them and you have a whole gang that will fuck you up. Believe you me, I am leery of them. I asked the leader of motor cycle gang her as he sat next to my car if the were gay with their leather chaps, he shook his head and went ahead, another one passing by and got caught up to him asked him what I said, he turned around and pointed a hand gun at me. The leader final calmed him down after I raced the motor in my car behind them. Car verses motor cycle with biker with gun---car wins. I'm just glad I hadn't asked the guy with the gun, he had no sense of humor. But neither do I when I'm threaten. 

trdsf

Quote from: Solitary on July 31, 2015, 12:52:27 PM
Well that answers why they accepted you like they did Peewee Herman---did you have a nice bicycle?
Probably something like that, yeah.  And I was tripping my face off; there was some lovely rainbow dragon to be had there.  Last time I ever did that -- I enjoyed it too much.  Every Dead show after that was always completely sober.  Well, maybe a discreet hip flask of bourbon, when I wasn't driving.  ;)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan