Muslims demanded establishment of an Islamic state in Britain

Started by josephpalazzo, November 18, 2015, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

Quote from: Baruch on November 20, 2015, 07:19:25 AM
Pr126 - On the one hand, the idea that you associate liberal college students with terrorists, and tie in "white privilege" says your thinking is in the kitchen sink ;-(  On the other hand ... really not controversial this time.  Nobody actually supports terrorists here ... they just disagree as to who they are and who pays for them.
Pr126 is spot on with this one.  This pseudo liberal ideology is willing to toss aside civil rights in order prevent offense and protect select beliefs from criticism. Ironically, Islam seems to be one of those sacred cows.  Strange bedfellows.

pr126

The problem as I see it it is not that just Iran is getting the nukes, but to whom else they might "out source" it.
Like the Pakistani A. Q. Khan who was selling his stolen goods to anyone with cash.

Nuclear proliferation.
There are just too many crazies who want to get their hands on those for the glory of Allah.
It doesn't have to be a nation state.

It doesn't have to be a missile either.
It can be smuggled in  a suitcase anywhere, still big enough to make an impression.  And a big pile of dead bodies.

Or an EMP attack which would put the USA back to the 18th century.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on November 20, 2015, 11:17:53 AM
The problem as I see it it is not that just Iran is getting the nukes, but to whom else they might "out source" it.

There are just too many crazies who want to get their hands on those for the glory of Allah.

I don't trust nation states, but I do worry most about the small groups.

josephpalazzo

An interview with Asra Nomani, a Muslim woman fighting against not only Islam but the fucking liberals who side with the terrorists - her own words.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on November 20, 2015, 10:50:28 AM
Pr126 is spot on with this one.  This pseudo liberal ideology is willing to toss aside civil rights in order prevent offense and protect select beliefs from criticism. Ironically, Islam seems to be one of those sacred cows.  Strange bedfellows.

No sacred cows here ... other than American ubermenschen.  Other media ... not my problem.  Also African-Americans not wanting to be murdered by overzealous cops ... is understandable ... I don't see any reputable African-Americans supporting the Crips.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Like the Pakistani A. Q. Khan who was selling his stolen goods to anyone with cash.

Nuclear proliferation.

It can be smuggled in  a suitcase anywhere, still big enough to make an impression.  And a big pile of dead bodies.

Russia has nukes, they gave it to the Chinese and N Koreans.  The Russians don't know where all their suitcase nukes are.  Bad inventory that.  The N Koreans gave nukes to Pakistan, and tried to give it to the Iraqis and Syrians.  The Indians have nukes too.  So I guess there are 6 billion people we need to pre-emptively go to nuclear war with ... just in case they get ideas themselves, or loan nukes to terrorists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 20, 2015, 08:05:07 AM
Muslim states should never get nukes, and we should make assure of that, IMO.

Too late .. Pakistan already has them.  Or do you think only Arabs and Persians are stupid?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 20, 2015, 10:02:38 AM
Apparently Obama is OK with Iran getting tooled up with nukes.

The Sunni lot (Saudis, Jordan, Egypt, the Gulf states) are just as worried. 
The Saudis are secretly allying with Israel although Israel cannot do it alone, and the US is no help.

SA will have nukes, one day after Iran has them ... feel better now ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 20, 2015, 10:41:51 AM
This is really strange to me.  I expect him to be ridden hard by Republicans on this, but then I give all their opinions about Obama exactly zero weight.  Most of the time, I just tune out when they start bitching about Obama, which now that I think about it, is all they ever seem to really do.  I've been keeping an ear out for the rationale behind this Iran thing, but I've heard nothing so far, so I'm just scratching my head wondering why this isn't supposed to bite us.

The US cut a backroom deal.  The public isn't supposed to know.  Same as the secret deal between Ibn Saud (of SA) and FDR in 1944.  As a citizen, just STFU and pay your taxes on time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 20, 2015, 07:57:54 AM
It could happen eventually, although not Paris.  There are other countries besides the US in the nuclear club.  And now with Islam in the club, I can picture a nuclear exchange.  In fact, I think it's more likely than the Cold War Mexican standoff with the Soviet Union, which lacked the religious underpinnings.  I picture an astounding amount of collateral damage, most in the Mideast, but also limited pockets in the west.  I don't think the US will start the exchange.  Nor do I see anything getting settled once and for all.  The underlying religious fanaticism will still exist, but it will be reduced in numbers and supporters for a time.

Unfortunately ... this has been thought of since 1945.  There is no reason to believe that humans will survive even one more year ... but they keep on surviving pessimists anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Nuclear proliferation.

I live in the country ... I am sure I can trade work for a horse, eventually.  Besides, nuclear war ends global warming ... with a short very hot warming that with nuclear winter, will chill down in no time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 20, 2015, 11:23:03 AM
I don't trust nation states, but I do worry most about the small groups.

Learn to live with the "bomb" or die from worry.  Your choice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 20, 2015, 12:59:19 PM
Learn to live with the "bomb" or die from worry.  Your choice.

We have all learned to live with the bomb, and I'm not planning on dying from worry.  Perhaps concern would be a better word.  I assume your response is to create the impression of a cavalier individual who doesn't care:  "Oh Hell, give Iran the bomb.  It will be OK."  Or maybe it was an attempt at dark humor.  This isn't the same game from 1945, and the players are changing.  The Soviet Union wasn't a nation state driven by crazy imams with a belief in the glory of destruction in the name of a non existent god as the path to heavenly reward.  Yes, the US and Russia may be crazy, but we are talking about a new level of armed crazy that increases the risk.  If you think this is a good idea, we will just have to disagree.

CloneKai

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2015, 07:04:44 PM
I have been a tolerant theist since childhood.  Some here have been atheist since childhood.  Many others became atheist after being theist during childhood or adulthood.

My reasons are primarily metaphysical and traditional ... not conservative or radical.  I am comfortable with traditional cultural elements, but not wedded to them.  My approach to theism is primarily spiritual and philosophical, not religious (aka social or political).  I have self-studied most religions and spiritualities and am knowledgable, because I study constantly in multiple subjects.  But I am also comfortable with secularism.  People are the most interesting subject, and which I am most sympathetic to.
Damn it!
where is that dictionary
metaphysical ... metaphysical ...metaphysical
"The branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, identity, time, and space"
ah fuck, that didn't help
"Metaphysics has two main strands: that which holds that what exists lies beyond experience (as argued by Plato), and that which holds that objects of experience constitute the only reality (as argued by Kant, the logical positivists, and Hume)"

its seems all hokus pokus to me.  :017:

"tolerant theist"
Haha
I like the term, tolerant theist.

"traditional". like if i am a traditional muslim, i won't pray 5 times a day but still slit the goat throats, and watch it as it thrashes itself to death?
Sorry, we don't have traditional muslim, where i come from. either you are religious (meaning you pray atleast 5 times a day) or not religious (prays once a week).
so traditional means, in your case, kosher meat or something. and Bar mitzah and stuffs?

"spiritual"
spiritual ...spiritual ... spiritual
"Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things"
sh!t
"Having a relationship based on a profound level of mental or emotional communion"
Do you like using terms to confuse normal people  :41:
why can't you just say i believe the goats made us all and thus all goats are god. see simple and not confusing idea.

i am guessing, you are talking about inner brain feelings and those stuffs. but a person like you, will know thats all chemistry nothing more.
so you are a theist.
"Belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe"
so if the definition is correct, then you kinda believe in some form of higher being or existence.
so simple question, why are you a theist? even if you are a theist from only from philosophical point of view.

All definitions are from oxforddictionaries.com

CloneKai

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on November 20, 2015, 01:08:12 AM
So it's of no consequence that a significant percentage think it's ok because not all of them will do it? I call bullshit.

Even if they aren't themselves engaging in it, they are enabling others to do so. Without that support structure do you really think so many would do so?
same can be said about Americans for invasion of Afghanistan and iraq and then the sanction of Iran.
True. It also includes throwing homosexuals off roofs while a crowd below cheers, beheading journalists, and shooting or raping children.
sh!ty countries like Pakistan only have imprisonment for homosexuals and that too because United kingdom put it there. Apparently LGBT communities are becoming slightly more acceptable in the country too but i don't know anything about it.
I think the world super power used to have laws against sodomy, when were these laws removed?

I'm against generalizations, and I realize that most Muslims aren't a personal threat to me. That being said, forgive me if I'm a little wary towards people who follow a homophobic and sexist religion. The same is true of devote Christians.
Yet we're free to condemn and criticize Christians and Christianity. When it comes to Muslims and Islam? "Christians did bad things as well!" "The west is to blame!" "CRUSADES!!!"I consider myself as a realist when it comes to religion. It's shit.
i wish you were more human realistic too.