Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 19, 2019, 05:53:05 PM
Because hes being backed by idiots and corrupted politicians

Started with Pericles.  Just ask the Spartans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 19, 2019, 08:06:28 PM
All those voters who voted for van Drew thought they'd have a democrat representing them, but now he's a Republican. How does that work?

Same as in GB.  They don't have a mandatory snap election to re-assert People sovereignty if an MP defects between elections.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2019, 09:15:02 AM
I mean, apart from him being a grimmey douchebag who might have lifted a woman's skirt, what really has he done that's any worst then any other president before him?
All presidents have skeletons in their back yard, just if they're smart enough not to get caught

If it's just a bunch of conservative stuff people got offended by, that's not really cause to impeach someone.

If he's embezzled or arranged an assassination that's something else, but just based on his character that's not something you can bring down on him.
Actually, you can impeach a president on any charge you can get a majority to vote for -- the Constitution never defines "high crimes and misdemeanors", and the Framers expected impeachment to be a political process more than a legal one.

That said, you have two charges here: Article I, abuse of power, to wit: using the powers of his office to extort an investigation of a political opponent out of a foreign country by withholding approved aid; and Article II, obstruction of Congress, to wit: ordering Executive Branch officials to ignore lawful summonses and subpoenas to appear before Congressional committees.  He's admitted to the former and there's no question that he did the latter; whether or not one thinks they warrant removal from office is separate from whether they are legitimate bases for impeachment.  As it happens, both charges have historical precedent -- two of the articles of impeachment reported to the House by the Judiciary Committee against Richard Nixon were abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.  Nixon short-circuited the process by resigning before he could be shoved out.

Of course, he won't be convicted by the Senate, absent a turnaround of miraculous proportions.  The senators to watch on the Republican side are Collins of Maine, McSally of Arizona, Gardner of Colorado, Murkowski of Alaska, and to a lesser extent Romney of Utah.  On the D side, mainly watch Jones of Alabama, who's in a tough re-election race in one of the reddest of red states.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Christianity Today, a magazine founded by Billy Graham to push evangelical Christianity, has published an editorial in support of the Orange Disaster Area's impeachment and removal from office:

QuoteBut the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed aloneâ€"with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slandersâ€"is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.

It remains to be seen how much influence this will have, but to any other Republican, this would be damn near fatal, and if the "moral majority" voters get it into their heads that they should just stay home in November... well.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Trump isn't a Christian, let alone an Evangelical.  None of our modern Presidents are.  There are Christians under your bed, ready to jump out and scare you!

Let Pelosi keep her impeachment in the House and never submit it to the Senate.  Coward after all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 20, 2019, 02:59:52 PM
At least not all Republicans are pro-Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/17/opinion/lincoln-project.html

https://lincolnproject.us/

You forgot CIA, FBI ... and other Deep State organizations that have made voting irrelevant since 1963.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Graham Slams 'Incredibly Dangerous' Pelosi For Dictating Impeachment Terms" ... Pelosi should go to a Halloween outlet store, off season, and get a S American Military Dictator costume cheap.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on December 20, 2019, 03:53:05 PM
"Graham Slams 'Incredibly Dangerous' Pelosi For Dictating Impeachment Terms" ... Pelosi should go to a Halloween outlet store, off season, and get a S American Military Dictator costume cheap.

Why don't you read actual news instead of the rigidly shitty RED news. I mean seriously.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2019, 09:15:02 AM
If it's just a bunch of conservative stuff people got offended by, that's not really cause to impeach someone.
I agree.  You don't impeach because you don't like him.  But that's not really what this is about, and I think you probably know that.  You followed the news, and you know what the charges were.  None of the charges against him were "because he's a douche," or "because he's a conservative."  You're adding that on your own.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 21, 2019, 12:43:36 AM
Why don't you read actual news instead of the rigidly shitty RED news. I mean seriously.

There is no actual news (truth).  There never has been.  The whole point of news is to sell advertisements.  If it helps to sell detergent, the Media will promote any narrative, including "Bat Boy marries Pelosi".  Secondarily, news lets the Deep State control the "narrative".

Or do you mean, why don't I react here to Republican/Tory news?  Those shits?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 21, 2019, 07:29:32 AM
I agree.  You don't impeach because you don't like him.  But that's not really what this is about, and I think you probably know that.  You followed the news, and you know what the charges were.  None of the charges against him were "because he's a douche," or "because he's a conservative."  You're adding that on your own.

Dem charges are the weakest yet.  I have to admit that the charge against Bill Clinton was weak (lie while under oath).  Hence Bill Clinton was exonerated.  I also think that the impeachment against Andrew Johnson was weak, it was superficially more like the current situation, Congress wanted to be "like Parliament and keep the gonads of the PM in their grip" as Parliament did this year.  But only if Dems or Labour hold the whip hand.  Nixon was never impeached.  He shouldn't have resigned, he should have coup-de-etat against the Dem Congress.

"A Plot To Make Pelosi President? Now Adam Schiff Wants To Go After VP Mike Pence..." ... been talked about, here, for months.  Please stop, y'all are getting me blue balled over the coming military dictatorship which will end democracy forever ;-)

Wished Corbyn had won the British election, so that the Queen would have to push a military coup to clear out the communists, terrorists and rapists ;-)  Same reason I hope that Hillary runs again and wins.  So that the US can be destroyed in the resulting civil war (already starting up in Virginia).  Chiang Kai Shek was right, the Communists are cancer.  More important to kill them, rather than even the invading Japanese.  Politics is inherently toxic.  Power and money involved.  Corruption within corruption.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

One former Republican senator has said that if the impeachment trial were a secret ballot in the Senate rather than a roll call vote, maybe 35 Republican senators would vote to convict.  But since they have to go on the record, they're all too scared of the Infant-In-Chief.

I long for a latter-day Barry Goldwater, who told Nixon just before the resignation, "You have maybe 15 votes in the Senate and I'm not one of them."