News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

At least Pence actually believes in something other than himself.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 30, 2019, 01:41:34 PM
At least Pence actually believes in something other than himself.
As did Hitler.  Another remark that makes me nuts is 'At least he/she is sincere in their beliefs'--as tho sincerity lends credence to said beliefs.  Hitler was very sincere in his beliefs--doesn't not change the fact that Hitler was pure evil. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, Pence want to turn America into a theocracy. I doubt that would be any better than whatever Trump wants to turn America into - whatever the hell that is.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Our government has apparently been full of criminals for decades. The more crimes they get away with, the more crimes they commit. There is no America, because the Constitution is no longer in force, except when it's convenient for the criminals to get away with more crimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfuHRO8x738

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzOmtxmuahY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41SxwmRUqEg
God Not Found

Baruch

Bill Barr is a space alien … Mueller is Putin's butt buddy … Dems might as well join the Flat Earth society ;-)

No, Pence won't be better, that is ridiculous .. Pence will be 100 x worse than Trump.  I guess you really don't count burning at the stake a real problem.  Trump won't burn you at the stake, unless you are a Left conspiracy nut.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, Mueller's statement on his investigation was interesting.  The remarkable statement that if the Orange Disaster area "clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so" couldn't be clearer.  I don't think it could've been a more direct call for Congress to exercise its oversight responsibilities.

His statement was also remarkable for its measured, careful, and responsible tone.  And the magnificent way he said Lord Dampnut obstructed justice without actually formally saying he obstructed justice.

Meanwhile, I'm drafting a letter to my useless Senator asking what, if anything, it's going to take to get him to put his country ahead of his party.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

But Sean Hannity says Trump's completely innocent! And FUX Gnus says Trump is completely innocent!

So Trump must be guilty as sin.
God Not Found

Minimalist

I want to grab Pelosi by the neck and show her this!

https://youtu.be/sXE8LdXzeHM
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Poison Tree

Quote from: Minimalist on May 30, 2019, 09:21:03 PM
I want to grab Pelosi by the neck and show her this!
Conviction in the Senate would take 20 Republican senators voting with every Democrat and both Independents. Since we are sitting at 0, and extremely unlikely to budge, the only reason for the house to impeach Trump is if they thought it would be good politics. I think it--both the theater and guaranteed acquittal-- would do more to boost Trump and motivate his base than to harm him and motivate Democrats.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

trdsf

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 30, 2019, 09:56:14 PM
Conviction in the Senate would take 20 Republican senators voting with every Democrat and both Independents. Since we are sitting at 0, and extremely unlikely to budge, the only reason for the house to impeach Trump is if they thought it would be good politics. I think it--both the theater and guaranteed acquittal-- would do more to boost Trump and motivate his base than to harm him and motivate Democrats.
And the unfortunate truth is that you're right.  There's no movement among the Repugs to put law above party, as there was in 1974 when the GOP leadership made it clear to Nixon that if he didn't jump, they'd push him.

Minimalist

Starting impeachment hearings and dragging it out until the summer and THEN dumping it on the senate would force the republicunt senators to vote for him or against him and being the useless, spineless, shits that they are that will depend on how things are going.  The Trumptard base does not need motivation.  Hitler's SS stayed with him until the end and they are no different.  What will the handful of GOP senators in swing states do?  If they back the Shitgibbon the Dems have a chance to recapture the senate and throw Mitch the Bitch out on his ass.

Impeachment is not a legal issue.  It is a political calculation.  The Dems need to worry more about their base than his. 
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 30, 2019, 06:58:22 PM
But Sean Hannity says Trump's completely innocent! And FUX Gnus says Trump is completely innocent!

So Trump must be guilty as sin.

Oh noooooos, Fox News disagrees, we soy boys are all doooomed!

Atheists agree, Fox News is Satan!  Why do you care what any of those losers think?  I tolerate Tucker Carlson but other than him, I wouldn't give Fox News time of day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Triangulating cowards!  This triangulation shit is why Hillary lost.  That and Wisconsin and ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 30, 2019, 10:02:02 PM
And the unfortunate truth is that you're right.  There's no movement among the Repugs to put law above party, as there was in 1974 when the GOP leadership made it clear to Nixon that if he didn't jump, they'd push him.

Nixon did nothing wrong,  In retrospect, had I advised him, I would have had Nixon declare a dictatorship and execute all the Dems in Congress ;-}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMt8qCl5fPk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.