News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 26, 2019, 01:26:04 PM
I don't know if calling Baruch a Conservative is accurate. It seems to me he's just more of a contrarian, going against the popular opinions of this forum. At best, he might be considered Alt-Right, but I'm not sure about that either.

You have a clear view, not blinded by your own ideology (not that you can't have one, but as they say, don't eat your own dog food).

Traditional is not the same as conservative.  Conservative is relative to the present/future.  Traditional is relative to the past.  Over my lifetime, I have made a 180 turn in my metaphysics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 26, 2019, 01:26:04 PM
I don't know if calling Baruch a Conservative is accurate. It seems to me he's just more of a contrarian, going against the popular opinions of this forum. At best, he might be considered Alt-Right, but I'm not sure about that either.

He's Alt-something, all right...

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Halkenburg

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 26, 2019, 09:17:22 AM
I am a liberal and like to liberate people.  You say you are conservative; what are you trying to conserve?

The things I value about my country: our Judeo-Christian values and morality, our culture, our laws, our art and history, etc.

Halkenburg

Quote from: trdsf on January 26, 2019, 12:26:51 PM
There's a vast difference between German/European conservatism and American conservatism -- remember, we don't really have a liberal or left-wing party at the national level anymore.  Despite some signs of life from the Democratic wing of the Democratic party in the last election, the Democrats are mainly centrist with occasional forays to both the center-left and center-right.  Chancellor Merkel and the CDU/CSU are probably closer to our Democrats than our Republicans, which are more like AfD, sometimes NPD.

Good point, I can agree with that. The CDU is definitely a lot more liberal than the US Republicans for sure.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 26, 2019, 01:43:25 PM
The things I value about my country: our Judeo-Christian values and morality, our culture, our laws, our art and history, etc.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I'm a bit unclear on the meaning of "Judeo-Christian values." Just what are those?
God Not Found

Baruch

That is more traditional than conservative.  Conservative means someone who may want to retrain the cringeworthy innovations fo the 60s, because that was 50 years ago.  For anglophones, non-anglophone cultures are misunderstood, we are that parochial.  There is a lot of things about Germany that are positive.  Same with any other culture.  Albrecht Durer, he's our man, if he can't etch it, nobody can ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2019, 01:53:01 PM
I'm a bit unclear on the meaning of "Judeo-Christian values." Just what are those?

This should be interesting ... given his living arrangements ;-))  People can keep completely contradictory things in their head, at the same time, in fact we have to.  Despite monists ... reality is schizoid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm not schizoid, and neither am I...
God Not Found

Hydra009

Kyle covers the Trump VS anyone polls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaW6OarhKwA

Imho, he makes a fair point.  It's too early to judge.  We don't know who the nominee is going to be, we don't know how they're going to run their campaigns, what sorts of things will be in the news at the time (the Dem challenger could get hit with an October Surprise, aka a акÑ,ивные мероприяÑ,ия).  It's dangerous to get comfortable and assume a victory.

Still, I think these sorts of polls are a good indication that Trump isn't nearly as popular as his base likes to believe and that the people want someone different in charge.  How well that'll translate to electoral gains is anyone's guess.

Baruch

Easy to avoid an October surprise.  Don't meet with Bill Clinton on the tarmac at midnight.  Don't keep an unauthorized email server while a government employee.  Don't sleep with people who aren't your spouse.  Don't take money from foreign lobbyists, not even thru your charity (Clinton Foundation).

On the other hand, I don't see the Dems supporting a Progressive dream ticket.  The primaries and convention will be fixed again.  Joe Biden, all touchy feely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Are you atheist? If so, what Judeo-Christian values are you referring to?  Morality?  What is that. 

As a college student (decades ago) I majored in history and found that I really liked German history; very interesting. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Trump just opened the government so he could give a campaign speech. He may call it the SOTU, but it's just so he can rile up his fan-base again as he begins running for the next presidential election.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2019, 08:29:34 PM
Trump just opened the government so he could give a campaign speech. He may call it the SOTU, but it's just so he can rile up his fan-base again as he begins running for the next presidential election.

Yes, and we return to the same Mexican standoff in 20 days.  So another win against the cuck Dems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Plu

QuoteDon't sleep with people who aren't your spouse.

Tsk, Americans are such prudes. What's wrong with sleeping with people who aren't your spouse?