If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

Quote from: doorknob on August 18, 2016, 03:18:52 PM
I love when some one comes here did no research for them selves and then uses the same washed out arguments almost like a parot!

There are answers already to all your arguments. They are nothing we haven't encountered before. Use google do some research then come back.
Yeah...great response.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Munch

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 04:00:00 PM
Yeah...great response.

Actually it is a good response. See, we live in the age of information now, no longer is information confined to limited resources and word of mouth, but presented cases, stories and evidence as well as historical studies and news reports today, all presented over something easily accessed.

Its from that and is the reason why many more people in the modern age are casting off religion, because with that information out there, we can research into the fact of all religions and its teaching being that of cult storytelling and folktales made up to scare people into following them. We can also look into what science has discovered of us in the origins of species and evolution.

Like say, there is a reason why so many more people, who have access to the information age, are more now likely to let go of those beliefs, because they evolved beyond needing the same stories we were told as children.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 02:29:25 PM
Actually some historian believe that it comes from the Book of the Dead from the Egyptians. So what's your point.

The point is that morality does not come from god or your bible.

If you believe in Jesus you believe in a Christian deity. Religion is belief in a deity. Sorry, you can't separate one from the other.

g2perk

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2016, 04:10:05 PM
Actually it is a good response. See, we live in the age of information now, no longer is information confined to limited resources and word of mouth, but presented cases, stories and evidence as well as historical studies and news reports today, all presented over something easily accessed.

Its from that and is the reason why many more people in the modern age are casting off religion, because with that information out there, we can research into the fact of all religions and its teaching being that of cult storytelling and folktales made up to scare people into following them. We can also look into what science has discovered of us in the origins of species and evolution.

Like say, there is a reason why so many more people, who have access to the information age, are more now likely to let go of those beliefs, because they evolved beyond needing the same stories we were told as children.
What info do you have to support what you believe. NONE. Now that's all in your head.

g2perk

Quote from: stromboli on August 18, 2016, 04:18:42 PM
The point is that morality does not come from god or your bible.

If you believe in Jesus you believe in a Christian deity. Religion is belief in a deity. Sorry, you can't separate one from the other.
And exactly how would you know. You don't believe in anything other than what you see in front of you.

And do you really think that Jesus was born in that time period. When He came down was he must be man.

Munch

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 04:18:49 PM
What info do you have to support what you believe. NONE. Now that's all in your head.

I believe it's wrong to have sex with children, something certain religions hasn't figured out yet might be damaging to someone so young.

Do you believe it's okay to have sex with children if a holy book tells you it's alright?

g2perk

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2016, 04:29:14 PM
I believe it's wrong to have sex with children, something certain religions hasn't figured out yet might be damaging to someone so young.
I agree as well. But that is not and is nowhere close to what I have been speaking on.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 04:21:19 PM
And exactly how would you know. You don't believe in anything other than what you see in front of you.

It's better to believe in what you can test than not being able to test what you believe in.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

g2perk

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2016, 04:29:14 PM

Do you believe it's okay to have sex with children if a holy book tells you it's alright?
What kind of book are you reading man.

g2perk

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 18, 2016, 04:32:16 PM
It's better to believe in what you can test than not being able to test what you believe in.
Says simple people. Let me ask then. If you can see a thing there is no need for believing.

Munch

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 04:34:58 PM
Says simple people. Let me ask then. If you can see a thing there is no need for believing.

Seems your a little reluctant to test the waters, rather relying on ad hominem

g2perk

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2016, 04:40:39 PM
Seems your a little reluctant to test the waters, rather relying on ad hominem
Why leave a good thing.

Mr.Obvious

I am a simple man. With simple wants and simple thoughts.

I don't know much. And I know there is much I don't know.

But what I do know is that when you 'ask' something, you do it by posing an actual question. Or is that last sentence supposed to be one rather than a claim?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GSOgymrat

Here is a tip for g2 perk and other religious people who are trying to convince me God exists (I speak only for myself):

You need to accept that God is a subjective, not objective, experience. You will never present scientific evidence that will make me believe in God, because if God exists it is outside the material world and beyond science. Appeals to reason won't work, only appeals to faith. The people of faith who I find most compelling are the ones who don't feel it necessary to explain their faith-- they feel it, they believe it and they don't have to justify it to anyone because they know belief in God is a subjective, personal experience. They spread their faith through their actions, by being sincerely good people, by leading inspiring lives, not through clumsy rhetoric.

Munch

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 04:51:12 PM
Why leave a good thing.

Are you fearful you might find something you won't like?