News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Zuck'd Again? State Governors Say Facebook Contacted Them About "Reopen America" Events" ... Zuck claimed the governors asked him to.

"Senate Passes $484 Billion Coronavirus Funding Bill" … then aid for states and localities next.

"SBA Exposes Private Information Of 8,000 Small Businesses In 'Accidental' Website Leak" ... like every government database ever ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Its often does surprise me at the parallels you guys over in the states have between different areas of america, how vastly different it really is depnding on what region of america it is.

I mean here in the uk, we have the english, the scots, and the irish, three countries sharing a couple islands but all with a border. And yet despite those borders, the overall nature of people here is very similar, just with slightly different accents but overall people in england, scotland and ireland all operate within the same sphere, and we've all evolved similar along the same lines due to the proximity of how close we're all together.

America however, because of how wide and contrasting you are there, it really does come off that your people of different lands all sharing the same space with completely different societal outlooks. You can literally draw a line in the dirt and split america into 3 and each country would be as different as japan is to australia or norway is to north korea.

its no wonder you have such political turmoil there, the contrasting differences you have yet all being governed by the same body makes it one big clusterfuck.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

I hope every adult in those rallies catches a severe case of Covid-19.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 21, 2020, 11:30:42 PM
I hope every adult in those rallies catches a severe case of Covid-19.

Maybe they will.  But at least they will escape the Dem Gulag by dying ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 21, 2020, 10:25:42 PM
Its often does surprise me at the parallels you guys over in the states have between different areas of america, how vastly different it really is depnding on what region of america it is.

I mean here in the uk, we have the english, the scots, and the irish, three countries sharing a couple islands but all with a border. And yet despite those borders, the overall nature of people here is very similar, just with slightly different accents but overall people in england, scotland and ireland all operate within the same sphere, and we've all evolved similar along the same lines due to the proximity of how close we're all together.

America however, because of how wide and contrasting you are there, it really does come off that your people of different lands all sharing the same space with completely different societal outlooks. You can literally draw a line in the dirt and split america into 3 and each country would be as different as japan is to australia or norway is to north korea.

its no wonder you have such political turmoil there, the contrasting differences you have yet all being governed by the same body makes it one big clusterfuck.

Eleven big nations ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/regional-differences-united-states-2018-1

For me, 15 years El Norte, 24 years The Midlands, 25 years Far West.  We have 3000 counties.  That is like a shire in old England.  England has 48 counties.

For people here who are not Americans ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Prt2nrm0s
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on April 21, 2020, 06:13:58 PM
Those who want to keep the country divided would benefit.  It's especially important at a time when people are cooperating.  Cooperation does not benefit the Russians or our lunatic fringe, and it may give big corporations more leverage to demand a larger share of the stimulus money.  I keep seeing Russia's fingerprints on this.  It's the kind of thing they have used Utube and facebook for to rile up the gullible in the past.  Granted the protestors were already triggered, so all they need is a little nudge, and then "crazy" starts to look like "normal" to them.

On that note, the Senate Intelligence Committee (the GOP investigation to counter the Democrats) came to the same conclusion as the House and our Intelligence community... Russia has been actively engaged in rigging our elections and sowing social discontent since at least 2016, if not before.

When even the Republican investigation comes to that conclusion, it shouldn't be a partisan issue; left, right and neutral experts all agree on it. But somehow the Senators who receive bribe money from Russians still think it's a lie, even when their own investigation says it's true.

Funny how that works.

Anyways, one of their strategies was to exploit and deepen the racial wedge in America, as well as creating conflict on topics like gun control and vaccines... I wouldn't doubt for a second they would use this if they think it's to their advantage.

And also remember these protests are funded by the GOP, the same party that takes Russian bribes...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 22, 2020, 01:41:19 AM
On that note, the Senate Intelligence Committee (the GOP investigation to counter the Democrats) came to the same conclusion as the House and our Intelligence community... Russia has been actively engaged in rigging our elections and sowing social discontent since at least 2016, if not before.

When even the Republican investigation comes to that conclusion, it shouldn't be a partisan issue; left, right and neutral experts all agree on it. But somehow the Senators who receive bribe money from Russians still think it's a lie, even when their own investigation says it's true.

Funny how that works.

Anyways, one of their strategies was to exploit and deepen the racial wedge in America, as well as creating conflict on topics like gun control and vaccines... I wouldn't doubt for a second they would use this if they think it's to their advantage.

And also remember these protests are funded by the GOP, the same party that takes Russian bribes...

And China bought Bill Clinton in 1996 and Al Gore in 2000.  Why do you hate Russia, but love China?  Russia didn't release Covid.  Neither of those countries are pro-Republican or pro-Democrat ... aside from the bipartisan policy to move all jobs in the US to China over the last 30 years.  Because they know American politicians can be bought.  Clinton Foundation, anyone?  Yes, Obama and Hillary aided Russia thru Uranium One (and Trump did that, as an all powerful deity even before being elected).  The Steele dossier was not only paid for by Hillary Clinton, but the information in it is was Russian disinformation, to aid Hillary's election?

The CIA and FBI rig our elections.  They allow no one to be elected who isn't compromised thru blackmail.  Trump wasn't their choice, they missed on that one, but he works for them now.  They don't need foreign help ;-)  Racial wedge?  You mean the millions of illegals voting in California?  To be aided this year by unregulated mail-in voting?  Same as the voting scandals in GB over postal voting?  Anti-Russian paranoia isn't new.  Did you know that many Americans, including one of my grandfathers, considered FDR to be a communist? Because they hated Stalin and wanted to support Adolph Hitler?  That one of his VPs, Mr Henry Wallace, was a communist?  Republicans from FDR to LBJ were war mongering liberals?  And that is why the Republican Convention of 1944, forced FDR to take Wallace off of the Republican ticket and put Truman (a corrupt machine politician) on it?  But J Edgar was on the job even before that, the OSS (processor of the CIA) was on the job too.  Truman was our first CIA President ... the CIA being established by Truman.  But then Truman's opponent in 1948, Governor Thomas Dewey, was a tool of the Mafia ... as was JFK?  Was it Russia that aided the dead voting in Chicago in 1960, to aid JFK, or was it Mayor Daley?  Of course anything not from your Pravda is capitalist lies ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Maybe it was posted, I don't know. Has anyone seen this?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/17/health/santa-clara-coronavirus-infections-study/index.html

QuoteThe study used an antibody blood test to estimate how many people had been infected with Covid-19 in the past. Other tests, like those performed with nasal swabs or saliva, test for the virus' genetic material, which does not persist long after recovery, as antibodies do.

"We found that there are many, many unidentified cases of people having Covid infection that were never identified with it with a virus test," said Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University and one of the paper's authors. "It's consistent with findings from around the world that this disease, this epidemic is further along than we thought."

The study estimated that 2.49% to 4.16% of people in Santa Clara Country had been infected with Covid-19 by April 1. This represents between 48,000 and 81,000 people, which is 50 to 85 times what county officials recorded by that date: 956 confirmed cases.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 22, 2020, 07:39:00 AM
Maybe it was posted, I don't know. Has anyone seen this?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/17/health/santa-clara-coronavirus-infections-study/index.html
Shoe, my wife and I have been talking about this topic for a couple of months.  We know quite a few people, including us, who suffered a long, deep and difficult 'cold' in the Nov. thru Jan. time period.  My cough lasted strong for over a month and was typical cold stuff for another month.  That was the first 'cold' either of us had had for 7/8 years.  I do think the virus was around for longer than thought.  At least in this area of CA.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

"Trump Demands Harvard Return Stimulus Money; Harvard Responds It Has No Idea What Trump Is Talking About" ... Harvard isn't a small business?

"CDC Says Poisonings From Cleaners & Disinfectants On Sharp Rise Since Pandemic Hit US" ... not just fish tank cleaner.

"Officials told the local press that forensic scientists in Santa Clara had discovered two autopsies on people who had died undiagnosed at home on Feb. 6 and Feb. 17 that showed signs of COVID-19" ... @drunkenshoe.  The death statistics aren't very accurate.

"Social Distancing Sacrifice: Texas ER Doc Lives In Treehouse To Keep Family Safe" ... most creative doctor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Pretty much.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Shame we didn't all go to a Feminist commune in 1968 like my older god-sister.  The whole world would have been wonderful ;-)

"Nancy (let them eat ice-cream) Pelosi" ... bwahaha ... elites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zFFn3tyg

Reminds me of Jeffry Epstein's pleasure island, with Bill Clinton and Bill Gates as frequent fliers.  Is there a discount for guys named Bill?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

More than three, really.

You have to remember first of all that we are a very young country compared to almost everywhere in Europe.  The continental form of the country is barely a century old, and it was more cobbled together over time than most places.  There was also room to expand over time, with only minimal border pressures on the north and south and no really organized resistance to the west.

Once the British Isles were populated, there weren't any frontier areas to move to, and while there are distinct regions, there aren't continental-scale distances to permit relative isolation and relatively independent social development.  Even going Land's End to John o' Groats is "only" 800 miles or thereabouts -- it's 3,000 from New York to L.A., and if you want to throw Alaska into the mix, you can easily have 5,000 miles from Miami to, say, Nome.

The practical upshot is that ultimately, British dissident populations came (or were sent) here, they didn't settle elsewhere within the country.  Here, there was enough room that our internal dissident populations could just get up and move westward, and could do that for a couple hundred years before technology connected the disparate regions of the country back up.  By then, you have distinct New England cultures and Southern cultures and Midwestern and Plains and Old West and West Coast cultures and all that were, because it was a matter of weeks and even months of travel between them, functionally isolate.  By 1981, Joel Garreau had posited The Nine Nations of North America; Colin Woodward makes an interesting case for eleven that neatly explains the modern political divide.

Given the way everything is hyperconnected now, I think what we're seeing is the first moment in American history where people in one area can look at other areas of the country more or less without the filters of newspapers and newsreels and television, and a lot of them are saying, "Oh fuck, I share a country with that?"
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

"Parliament returns with virtual debates" ... Brave New World.  Now if we can just replace the politicians with AIs ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

US lawsuit nightmare:  Every business can't get business insurance for employees or walk in customers, because insurance can't cover something that big, as they also don't cover nuclear reactor accidents (government takes responsibility).  Employees suing employers.  Walk in customers suing businesses.  A ambulance-chasing-lawyer heaven!  Proving liability in court can take more than 15 years (there are still liability suits from 9/11, even though the government took on the liability for terrorism).  The government can't get out of this without a blanket acceptance of legal responsibility for not protecting the American people.  Why?  Because of 30 years of fornication between CCP and American politicians.  The alternative is a dictatorship that bans tort law, unless all the tort lawyers die from Covid.  So yes, things can get much worse, even without WW III.

US state lawsuits can eventually seize any Chinese assets outside of China, but again, it could take 15 years in court.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.